Should i join a gym tomorrow and do the modified SS in the sticky or just do insanity max 30 at home?

Should i join a gym tomorrow and do the modified SS in the sticky or just do insanity max 30 at home?

>Should i join a gym tomorrow
yes
>and do the modified SS
>modified
do yourself a favor actually read the book and save yourself months of doing things wrong and not making any substantial progress
>or just do insanity max 30 at home
the name alone should be a red flag to you

What is your goal? Do you wanna get strong, do you want to gain lots of mass, do you want to get lean?

I did Insanity before I started lifting (6-7years ago) and I got extremely lean on it. Only problem is I was a skinnyfat at the time and I just went to skelly mode so I looked like shit anyway.

It's 600 plus pages though. I've watched videos all weekend on how to do the lifts though.

Stronger and bigger. I've dieted down to middle of my healthy bmi, so I'm lean af now, well compared to what i was. I'm now 5'11" 72kg (158lb)

Ss is a meme. Do ppl.
Have you researched anything at all? Fagit

Honestly, do a split. You'll see faster gains and look like you lift. Unless you're actually trying to be an Olympic lifter of course

Ppl is a system of categorizing lifts and sorting them into groups based on the movement pattern, not a routine.

>SS
>an oly routine
10/10 bait, I can't even tell anymore

Let me rephrase it for you

>if you want to look like shit do SS
>if you want to be a powerlifter, do SS

>if you want to look at all decent, do an aesthetics brosplit

videos are good and all but it's not gonna cut it

also you don't need all 600 pages, just read up on the compound movements

>Honestly, do a split.
Honestly, don't. You're neither strong enough nor have you efficiently made use of your noob gains to go on a split

I don't care what kinds of delusions you have
splits are far slower progress than full-body routines

his chest is not going to take a week to recover from chest day, he can hit it more frequently than on a split by doing full body like SS and also increase the weight much more rapidly than he could on a split

>Just do an aesthetics brosplit

Oh right yeah ok I'll just go find one then -_-

1st time? Are you gonna get a trainer to help you out or just follow the Veeky Forums sticky? Are you nervous OP? My socially akward nature cant get over the1st day hump and join a gym

>delusions

Ironic, from you.

>his chest is not going to take a week to recover.

Yeah, you're right, which is why a 6 day split upper lower where he can train chest in the IDEAL hypertrophy rep range 3 times a week will lead to best progress in the increase of the size of his lean mass (ie looking good).

>d also increase the weight much more rapidly

Yeah, a strength routine is the best way to get stronger, you are 100% correct.

But this just neurological gains with ZERO impact on levels of lean mass.

Train for your goals, like I said. Look good, or be strong? Pick one, train for it...

Just don't fall for SS meme any routine with 8-12 rep range and lots of volume will be better times 1000

>which is why a 6 day split
you're telling him to go to the gym 6 days a week?
good fucking luck with that buddy

listen here OP, you can do it the stupid way like this guy tells you to or you do what has worked countless of times already

6 months of SS
eat well
sleep well
get your OHP, bench, squat and deadlift up to 1/2/3/4 (entirely doable in 6 months)
after that, feel free to do a split and increase rep ranges, because now you're actually lifting SIGNIFICANT weight instead of the 50lbs you'd be benching on a split RIGHT now

novices get really fucking strong on SS, no question
but good looking people aren't weaklings either

good luck

>you're telling him to go to the gym 6 days a week?

Only if he wants to look good.

He can be lazy and look like shit forever though, that's fine.

well, suit yourself OP

1/2/3/4 on 6months of SS, jesus fuck Veeky Forums standards get higher everyday huh? is an 600 lb deadlift also novice? stay delusional. The only way you can get those lifts are if you were the star athlete in your sports team growing up and if you ate like crazy.

Good advice. I think I'll do ss with a couple accessories on a Friday.

You're going to think I'm a cunt for asking, but what do you think about doing 2x5 1xAmrap rather than 3x5?

>Should i join a gym tomorrow
Yes

>do the modified SS in the sticky
Reg Parks 5x5 or Phraks GLSP.
But only for 3 months or so.

Then, listen to this nigga and it start a ppl like pic related.

I am at 1/2 after less than 6 months from sedentary and I starved myself the whole time, I also never bothered with any strength training, just aesthetics upper lower split

Fat people are pretty strong, relatively, to skeletons, from having to haul your fat ass around day to day

I think I could hit 3 if I did a quarter squat with 1/8th range of motion.

I think I could maybe even deadlift close to 350 with a rounded cat back.

I just have no interest in doing any of that shit.

Trip is on just in case you feel the need to search the archives for progress pics or other fucking stupid shit like that and don't believe me, or whatever

It's for sure not impossible to hit those numbers, if a fat fuck just bulked and gave himself diabeetes and did starting strength, I am sure he could BTFO those numbers in 6 months

Stop projecting your weakness on others.
Read the book.

do it 100% as the book tells you to
do NOT try to derive from the formular

doing 1xamrap will certainly hinder your linear progression, you might not be able to recover from it in time for your next workout

I used to think I could just do 3x8 instead of 3x5 to get bigger muscles
big mistake, I've been plateauing for weeks on pretty much all of my lifts beside deadlifts (those I did 3x5)

it's 3x5 because it works, you CAN increase your lifts by 5-10lbs EVERY SINGLE WORKOUT, provided you eat enough, sleep enough and rest long enough between sets

Thanks very much, you've been very helpful

no problem

if you want to pick up some helpful trivia about SS and FAQs and what not, watch the starting strength seminar FAQs on youtube, or listen to them while driving or whatever
I picked up some very helpful hints from those for my own training

also listening to a fat texan ramble about hookers and whiskey is pretty entertaining

I'll do that. I'll binge a few tonight so I'm ready for tomorrow.

>another victim of SS
Snappletoe's killcount keeps getting bigger

Suck dick fagit

Let's see... Starting Strength makes you stronger and insanity destroys your joints for life.

Don't do SS. At least don't do power cleans, I have no idea how this bullshit got to be the recommended program for cunts who want to look good.

So ss will help my insanity gains?
Noice

Well what then?!

Just do PPL. Doing 5x5 on all your compounds and 3x10 on accessories.

Do both or do anything. What ever will get your weak ass exercising.

Both? That would be ok?

are you retarded?

>Trip is on just in case you feel the need to search the archives for progress pics

Can you just post them?

fpbp