Do you want to touch these inca stonework?

Also lets appreciate their stone masonwork

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZXjB5E7Gqg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muyuq_Marka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Baños_del_Inca_District
hidraulicainca.com/ancash/the-pre-inca-reservoirs-of-nepena/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaru_(mythology)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Am I allowed to touch it?

Yes but you must Want it, do you want to touch this crazy stair?

>tfw have been to cusco and have touched incan stonework
ama

more masonry with seductive curves please

L-lewd! Oniichan pervert!

Did it arouse you? How sensual was the stone?

youtube.com/watch?v=AZXjB5E7Gqg

Why do you keep posting your garbage without basis?

now thats what true level looks like

it's not mine incatard, I just think it's hilarious

I'm not incatard faggot, I just hate misinformation from anykind.

how is it disinfo
there are obvious differences between the layers of stone work in

How can Eurangutans even compete?

It's truly amazing that Stone Age man achieved the same level of precision that we do today with laser guided computer aided diamond tipped stone drills.

This looks crooked

Like this, 2000 years before

>
Woooow, I wonder why common houses are not all built in a method that would cost hundreds of hours of human labor, I know why: Ancient Aliens!!!

There would be "layers" if there was a difference between the polished rocks and the later blocks.

However, it's a continuum of gradual change. The video also talks about complete different civilizations, however chronicles already talk about how they built those structures. The first phase of construction is made by engineers and supervised by a greater authority, although the maintenance phase had less supervision. It's no wonder that the Machu Picchu had such reconstruction hints, simply because the incan empire was destroyed and settlements couldn't replicate the work of an organized hierarchy system.

That's not true though

I'd step all over those stairs!

>Stone age

This is already retarded when said in reference to the mesoamericans, but it's extra retarded when said in regards to the andeans (IE, incans and their neighbors).

To begin with, the whole Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron age thing isn't a discription of stages all civilizations go through, it's a specific retroactive categorization of eurasian history. Not all regions will progress the same ways, so you an't apply it that carefreely for other regions. Secondly, even if you wanted to use it as a barometer for other regions, having it based purely on the materials tools were being used at is stupid, since it's entirely possible for a culture to be on par with, say, Iron Age Eurasian cultures in terms of social or adminstrative complexity (The incans were actually arguably BEYOND iron age tier here), but only bronze age tier in terms of metallurgical skill. So you'd need to compare each facet of their culture indivually.

Lastly, the fucking Incans worked bronze extensively, they used it for tools, weapons, and armor. So even if you were being dumb and judged it solely by their metallurgy, they'd still be bronze age level.

Also, even the Mesoamericans had extensive use of copper, and limited bronze working; they just didn't use them for weapons, only for decoratives and for non-military tool use

>the incas were beyond iron age tier

Say whaaaat?

Bronze age Myceneans and Minoans were superior to them in just about everything

Care to explain?

Way bigger cities (Knossos and Pylos arguably reached 100k inhabitants), literate civilizations, indoor heat system, plumbing, aqueducts, capable of rallying 100 horse chariots, másteres of the sea, masters of painting, overseas influence, masters of pottery

I'm a Mesoamerieaboo and not an Andeanboo so I'll have to defer to somebody else explaining in more detail, but it's my understanding that the Inca had some of the most complex adminstrative/govermental systems on the planet at the time and actually ran a successful state controlled economy and goods system, as well as one of the most extensive and complex roadway systems in the world and had some of the best understanding and extensive uses of fibers and tensile physics, outright using 3 dimensional rope devices in place of a written language.

There's also the fact that the Inca empire itself was arguably the single largest contiguous political state on the planet at the time by area. I couldn't tell yoou how much of that space was actually inhabited vs empty land though; but I do know they were less densely populated then Mesoamerica, at least comparing their most dense areas (IE the valley of mexico in the core of aztec territory outright having one of the highest population densities on the planet at the time)

Again, not somebody with a super specific knowledge of andean cultures, but they had extensive use of pottery and murals and frescos: Go look up the frescos in Huaca de la luna, which is a Moche site from hundreds of years before the Inca were around, and it has classical era tier artistry there.

I'm not certain if they had full plumbing and hydraulic systems (I know mesoamerica did, actually some of the most extensive waterworks shit in the world, the aztec captial basically being venice but over twice the size), but they did have aquaducts and fountains at least, pic related

Actually I've got nothing bettter too do so i;ll dump some of the shit from hauca de la luna

Unfortunately had to downscale and compress this image, but you should be able to reverse search it to find the original

1) It's not Inca
2) Minoan and Mycenaean paintings are obviously more refined and influenced the Near Eastern kingdoms of Syria, Palestine and Egypt who adorned their palaces with them
3)Yeah where have I denied Incas had aqueducts or fountains? Minoan and Myceneans just had larger ones and actually had flush toilets and running cold and hot water, which Incas did not have, the only thing Incas were better at than the bronze age cultures of Greece is stone masonry, at least on average, though when they wanted bronze age Greeks could make very impressive works of masonry

>Cassic era

?

You should look up Minoan paintings dude, they were on another level

Not that faggot but it is true. The New World was many thousands of years behind the curve, mainly because maize took so damn long to domesticate. You can reasonably compare the Aztecs to neolithic near eastern civilizations, and the Inca to early bronze using peoples such as the Danubian culture.

From the incatard:
>andean neolithic revolution->3500BC
>middle-easter neolithic revolution->10000BC
If incas lived 5000 years after their neolithic revolution, what did middle-easterners had in 5000BC?

Nah I would say Inca society was more complex than the Vinca but it wasn't nearly as advanced technologically as the Minoans or Myceneans

closer look

It's not Inca
The Ollantaytambo fountain is incan, as far as I know

>You can reasonably compare the Aztecs to neolithic near eastern civilizations

No you fucking can't, the fact you would even say that tells me you don't know shit about them. When i'm done dumping Moche art i'll break down where they were actually at, but basically the only way you could argue they were lower then bronze age level was weapons technulogy: In every other regard they were at least bronze age level, often iron age, and outright on par with our superior to 16h century Europe in a few specific ways.

I would argue that "technology" as a term is sort of nebulous; I don't think treating stuff like social, adminstrative, economic, military, or artistic/philosophyical complexity and prowess to be in a distinct category from stuff like metallurgy, waterworks, masonry, etc; when a lot of them interact and are intertwined with each other.

I would be willing to bet based on what i've heard they had a far,. far more advanced form of government and political systems then pretty much anything in classical europe untill maybe the romans, so I would argue that that's a way they are better; again, as with some of the fiber stuff I mentioned but I don't feel comfortable getting into it like I will with the Aztecs (which I will outright post sources and shit for) because I'm not that confident in my level of knowledge about them, so

What a mess

I had to downscale and compress this one as well

>could argue they were lower then bronze age level was weapons technulogy

Except they lacked plumbing and running water which the Bronze age Greeks had, except Bronze age Greeks had galleys which Incas did not have, except Bronze age Greeks had more refined pottery, except for the fact that bronze age Greeks had bigger cities and bigger palaces, except for the notion that bronze age Greeks had actual writing, except for the notion that bronze age Greeks had bronze armors covering almost the entire body and semispherical bronze helmets.

And one last image, this time just showing the whole front face of the temple, the little box in the corner is one you see in .Note I'm not saying that this makes the Moche super duper advanced or anythiing: The temple is really big, and it's impressive, but it's really not that different froom larger zigguarts and temples in early bronze age mesopotmia; I just think the murals are really nice.

I haven't gone to bed yet so I might take a nap, I'll make posts going super in depth on the Aztecs since I am actually confident on my mesoamerican, especially Aztec knowledge, and I want to correct the utter horseshit that was said in You got mixed up, that part was me disputing the Aztecs were neolithic level; so I was talking about the Aztecs there, and the Aztecs sure as fucking hell had plumbing and running water; hell, Teotihaucan did and it's peak was over a 1000 years before the Mexica even founded Tenochtitlan. Mesoamerica also had bigger cities then the greeks, AFAIK, butt I'll admit I only have cursory info on the population of greek city states so if you wanna drop some numbers that'd be helpful. Mesoamerica also had actual full writing systems as well.

I'll drop more specific info on this latter when I make those posts. It's also worth noting that Inca quippu (the 3d rope devices they used to record information in place of a writting script) very may well have been as functional as a full written language, the issue is we don't know how to read them.

>plumbing
they used feces as fertilizers instead of polluting drining water with it
>running water
they had extensive hydraulic engineering including canals (some of them underground), aqueducts and in some cases running water directly in houses
>galleys
they had balsa wood rafts that were capable of blue water voyages and could transport tons of payload and dozens of crewmen
>refined pottery
Inca had lewd pottery
>bigger cities and bigger palaces
probably true, since much of the Inca empire was in the high mountains and its much harder to ramp up populations
It was the worlds biggest population in those kinds of altitudes and Peru still produces less food than the Inca
>actual writing
oral tradition and knots in strings was enough to manage a vast empire
>bronze armors
cotton armor was so good that a number of spaniards dropped their iron! armory in favour of the much lighter and comfortable inca fabrics

>it's a continuum of gradual change
idk dude looking at all these pictures I can quite clearly see the difference

you're implying it would take four men five days to cut and move one of those stones alone, let alone build a house
thousands of hours worth of human labor at the least

>extensively
this is an exaggeration, copper was much more widely used than the low-tin content bronze the elites commonly had

SLINGERS

>looking at these pictures
Looking at Machu Picchu pictures show there is no "layer". Cherrypicking is so obvious on that vid.

>low tin content
Source?

never realised this is my fetish

How sad it is, that we only see stone where great color and art was placed

woah what different user but native cities did had running water even as far back as the olmecs in 1500bc had pipes and fountains and aqueduct

post moar arousing masonry!

here you can see different types of stonework in cuzco

another example of different "layers"

woah what is that?? where is it tha circle

The site is called saksaywaman, it was an incan fortress before spaniards destroyed it and used the stone for materials.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muyuq_Marka

>The circle was the foundation of one of the three towers the fortress had. Originally, the Myuqmarka was a building with 4 superposed floors. The first body would have had a square floor; the second would have been cylindrical; the third would have had also a cylindrical shape. The successive would have formed circular cultivation terraces with decreasing width, being the widest of 3.6 m and the narrowest of 3 m. The tower would have ended up in a conic ceiling. Muyu Marca must have reached a total height of 20 meters. It was as amazing work that generated the admiration of several chroniclers. The Spaniards destroyed it, in spite of the protests both from Cieza and Inca Garcilaso. (3)[8]

Not him but that's Sacsayhuaman in the outskirts of Cuzco, the circles are the foundations of a tower according to the conquistadors' accounts.

How do I fap to stones?

It was actually taller though.

They didn't have running cold and hot water inside of their houses

Also olmecs and incas have nothing to do with eachother

they had running cold and hot water

>there was a great tank which they had built, very well made of hewn stone, and to the tank came two pipes of water, one hot and the other cold, and there the one was tempered by the other whenever the Lord or his wives wished to bathe, and no other person dared to enter the water, under penalty of death
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Baños_del_Inca_District

how is this fucking possible

How is it not possible?

those polygonal rocks are fitting together absolutely perfectly and so tight they dont even have mortar

same this this fucking shit how is this even possible?

>those polygonal rocks are fitting together absolutely perfectly and so tight they dont even have mortar
Again. How is this not possible?

How is it possible to make that without modern tools? It's 2018 and we still don't know how they made those. Same with the pyramids.

What's impossible without modern tools?

Why are you being such a faggot?

anyone have that screencap of the autist who was sexually aroused by tiles?

It's so easy to spot retards. Why don't you tell us what's impossible about those walls?

Stop getting your history from Ancient Aliens. Here's a protip: just because you don't know how something was done doesn't make it impossible, nor does it mean that archaeologists haven't worked out solutions that you're just ignorant of.

And by the way, the whole "modern tools" argument is fallacious as fuck. People develop tools to create shortcuts do doing things. Of course people do remember how to lots of things without them, it was there purpose. I mean, the average person in America can't drive a stickshift, shave with a straight razor, or do all kinds of tasks without modern tools. That doesn't mean people in the past couldn't function. Stop assuming everyone in the past was retarded and didn't know things that were necessary in their societies.

incas and pre-incas had plumbing and running water

water manament is very old in the andes
pic related, this dam located north of Lima is over 2000 years old

hidraulicainca.com/ancash/the-pre-inca-reservoirs-of-nepena/

uh, are those dragons on the topmost and half faded set of tiles?

You tell me

dip just your palm into any sticky solution and run your hand over some gravel, once your palm is adequately coated in gravel let it rest with facing your palm up toward a source of light, once hardened into a layer of its own, start pounding your jimmy, it may hurt, but this is the only way to do it.

Them shits is dinosaurs!

what are those called?

I don't think so.
It's a huaca (archeological site) called Garagay.

posibilly an type of "amaru"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaru_(mythology)

the amaru is a common mythological being of the central andes, it's form varies depending to the culture you ask from, to the incas it had a llama head for example

there's a myth in the central peruvian andes, acording to the local natives the mountains of the cordillera blanca (white range) and the cordilla negra (black range) are actually the bodies of the Amaru Aranway, two massive "dragons" one black and the other white who died there after an epic battle against each other.
Pic related, an amaru from the recuay culture who lived in the region

Touch me baby I know you want to

fuck not sure if stones can be sexy but this incans were up to something look at those angles touch it!

It's like a Dr Seus world.

This is some seriously impressive shit.

I'm on /d/ by mistake aren't I?

wow it almost looks mechanical

Here you can see different civilizations on the same wall, Spanish really ruined shit

Not really, they just didn't have time to do all the wall with perfectly cut stones like that

fine masonry in Pisac