What if Philippines was colonized by the Dutch instead of Spain

What if Philippines was colonized by the Dutch instead of Spain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WSC7D5ahyyU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's called Indonesia

An interesting what-if. No Cuba hook to draw the US out to the Philippines, so maybe the Dutch hold it all the while. Maybe they make nice with the Japanese and no Pacific War.

The Dutch tried to invade the Philippines and got BTFO by Spics, their colonial subjects, & allied local converts.

The funny thing in Philippine history is that despite social tensions between Spain and their colonial Filipino subjects, that disappears quickly when facing a Protestant threat since Colonial Flips may have some issues towards how the Spaniards ran things but considered themselves king's men and good Catholics to the core.

What if I sticked my dick in your ass?

You guys wouldn't be colonize by the US of A, be harder to migrate there and won't be able to send your relatives dem remission dollars back home.

What would the culture look like in this alternate timeline

Something like Christian Indonesians, probably. A fusion of western and traditional culture.

I hope balut doesnt exist in this timeline and im ironically a flip

You mean just like what happened with the Spanish?

It would be extremely painful

Eh, I think the current Philippines is too westernized.

We would be asian brazil instead of asian mexico, equally shitty

It was the USA's plan from the start, at first they wanted a strategic place to project their power from in asia what better place than peenoise land, they then left peenoise land like a used whore once they got okinawa. During the american colonial era, the US was further instilling the colonial mentality already present in peenoise society in order to ensure a cheap source of labor and natural resources.

i could see indonesia breaking up due to size after indepedence

That country would still be shit. The better question would be what would the country be like under the French

A better question is, what would have happened with the Philippines if the Spaniards had pushed for harder for assimilation?

Flip Spanish accent was pretty awesome.
The Philippines, of all places, had the closest Spanish accent to that of mainland Spain. Weird.

youtu.be/WSC7D5ahyyU

>A better question is, what would have happened with the Philippines if the Spaniards had pushed for harder for assimilation?
It was the Filipinos who were pushing hard for assimilation. Specifically they were demanding representation in the Spanish Court, equal rights with Spanish citizens, and allowing Filipino clergy to have their own parishes.

Spain debated on that issue with the liberals more welcoming of the idea and the conservatives detesting it. Conservatives won out and said no, and started executing/imprisoning activists. Said activists became separatists in the process.

How would the French revolution and Napoleon's reign affect the colonisation

Better representation
And less separatism

wasn't there a governor general in Philippines who was well liked by the Filipinos because of how well he treated them?

In general, liberal Spanish governors were liked by Filipinos. They disliked the old-guard reactionary ones.