What is up with the sudden fascination with beards?

What is up with the sudden fascination with beards?

Inb4 beardlet

I have one, but I don't flaunt it like a faggot

>sudden
The trend started like 2 years ago

Clean shaven and fashy haircut masterrace

Facial hair was briefly not in style for about 70 (?) years of human existence. I can't think of anywhere other than suburban cubicle dweller america that insisted men were clean shaven

>2015
>not wearing a beard

Hipsters is the reason and then non manly men thinking beards are manly. Then with their beard they live in a city and never do anything manly at all BUT HEY they have a beard its so manly!

lol

I grow my beard out in cold months because of the cold. I shave it when it is warm.

The beard doesnt make the man.

>tfw beardlet

>le manly man

I feel you on this, but you sound like a dick. I'm growing my beard for the first time >lol20yrsold but I deserve it, it's fuckin rugged where I'm from

Fuck that guy

>Can grow a perfectly distributed manly, thick beard
>Think I look better clean shaven

My beard triggers me for some reason.

>tfw lean
>tfw a bodybuilder
>not a fat power lifter
>striations in jaw are visible
>separation of jawline from bone visible

Why would I want to hide this

this guy managed to look incredibly baby-faced even with the beard

>thinks a beard makes him a man

>has an earring
>is a fatty
>babyface

The compensation is real

this

they all look the same too. round face retards

Rate

>fashion/grooming-style makes someone a man.
how can anyone be this out of touch with masculinity while still having a dick.

cookie cutter

>separation of jawline from bone visible
If your jawline isnt your bone then what is it?

>I'm the barracks fuckhole/10
>Pyotr/10.

Like you can see the edge of my jawbone in my cheeks, and the actual shape of the bone and shit, it's hard to explain.

I use magnets to make my jawline hover 1'' above my jawbone.

>tfw your jawbone isnt your jaw

Yeah, it's called not being a fat fuc..
>jawbone in my cheeks
Wat?

>Using instagram and HAES tier meme spamming.
You can just feel the testosterone pulsating.

>tfw grow a big beard to try to hide my face

>jawbone in my cheeks
Are you a fucking ant by any chance?

whats with this cringey shit? I only saw it on Veeky Forums. There are plenty of girls that like both styles and guy friends don't give a fuck either way.

neckbeard fedoras trying to look cool, just because that's the only thing they can do effortlessly to be "cool", that's it

>needing any external display to validate your self worth
pathetic

Holy fucking jesus
All of these posts is way, way off except for the baby face one which is only apt if you have a fucking baby face to begin with

Are bearded dudes the HAES of men?

You realize you're on a board where the goal is external display, right?

just upload a picture you flaming faggot

>"Wow, that clean shaven guy looks super manly," said no one ever.

>inb4 how tall are you

>jawbone in my cheeks
That's your fucking cheekbone, chief.

>Are bearded dudes the HAES of men?

it appears so

Daily reminder that if you ever feel the need to post something self-congratulatory on social media, you need to reassess your life and your priorities.

>ginger
All you fags look alike, you look almost exactly like one of my cousins.

That jaw is insane. Does he eat the teeth of lesser men?

Daily reminder that if you use social media for anything except keeping in touch with people, you need to reassess your life.

lots of projection

Ricky?

IDK I have a full beard with a handlebar mustache. But honestly it is getting annoying and I might shave it. I have long hair too so people call me Jesus, which really pisses me off.

>Grow beard as part of giving up on life
>Fat piece of shit
>Lose weight
>People compliment me on my beard and how I've been keeping it shorter
>Haven't been doing anything different with my beard; have always just kept it trimmed
>Find older picture of myself; holy shit
>Realise they probably think my beard was bigger when I was actually just fatter
>Who am I kidding, they probably knew all along and simply complimented my beard to indirectly compliment my unfattened face

Yes, but I lift because I care about what I think about how I look, not what anyone else thinks. The issue at play here is extrinsic vs. intrinsic motivation, and I look down people who post shit like this begging for attention and likes.

Last time I checked beards grow are outside the skin, and muscles are inside the skin. Muscles are therefore an internal display.

No, he eats friendly lead to the face.

this sounds like something straight out of /plg/

>numales think bears make them looks "masculine"

>did you hear the one about the faggot that thinks beards are manly?

Anything you've 'earned' by doing nothing is not manly

Some people just don't want to shave everyday though, what is the point? To look professional? In the office there isn't a dress code or appearance standard at all. It doesn't matter

>all the jealous beardlets ITT
kek

This, this is actually true. Anyone who can grow a beard doesn't give two shits about it, it isn't a symbol of something and we don't bitch about it, its just facial hair, keep it clean and fuck the haters

>can only grow a patchy neckbeard at best
>no hair above neck at all
>look babyfaced shaved
No hope for me brehs

One thing is being proud of being able to grow a good looking beard, it does look good when you got a even growth

However saying stuff like "lol with no beard you look like a woman" and "ladies love beards, makes em wet" makes you seem autistic and like your compensating for shit

>Anyone who can grow a beard doesn't give two shits about it,

You can tell by his eyes that he has a hideous beta face under that beard.
Beards are for people with shitty bone structure. Hence why almost no models or actors have one.

is that what you tell yourself in the mirror? that you have good bone structure while shaving your neck fuzz?

You know you look ridiculous when you cant's grow a beard on your cheeks, right?

Fat, effeminate men with weak jawlines and chins because they were disgusting mouthbreathers as children need to hide their inadequacies somehow. Combine that with a generation of men who are so pathetic that they feel the need to show how "manly" they are by playing dress up in work clothing, and you have the perfect storm of lame nerds who think beards are the ultimate key to manliness. It's even better because it doesn't require effort on the person's part, just don't touch a razor for a few weeks/months.

Now that being said, I don't normally rag on dudes who grow a beard. I can't really grow one myself, but I'm lucky in that I have a strong jawline and other "masculine" features. I just hate seeing the same beard culture bullshit all over the place and how hipster jackoffs parade their facial hair as some kind of definition of their masculinity, because they can't do anything else that would define them as a man in society, such as changing a fucking tire or chopping firewood

Yes, this shit triggers me

pretty much this

/thread

I can grow a beard. But I look better without one because I wasn't a mouth breathing product of incest

Yea...Not many bank managers, diplomats and other high paying jobs have face fedoras, nobody trusts somebody hiding half their face all the time maybe? Or maybe it just shows disaprin in basic hygiene

Also it's because hair interferes with respirator seals

So you can't grow a beard then. All men look better with full beards.

There's a reason the male archetype includes facial hair.

Then why don't any models or good looking actors grow anything more than light stubble?

the pubic hair you have in your cheeks doesnt count as a beard, m7

>That sillyrics chinstrap desperately trying to pass for a beard.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

Because society has put standards on what beauty is percieved as in this area as time has gone on vanity has become pronounced. Why do you think we all lift fuccboi?

>There's a reason the male archetype includes facial hair.
Explain why most sexual symbols and men who are displayed as sexually attractive towards women dont have facial hair then

>zac effron
>Justin bieber
>younger brad pitt
>Ben affleck

just to name a few i could think of right this second

...So not having a beard is better looking? (Assuming you actually have facial bones)

*era not area

Pretty much this and in addition, the beard trend triggered a ton of equally insecure lowtest men who couldnt grow one and it all escalated.

I swear to god some men would list their beard as a fucking hobby if asked

>weak jawline
>grow beard

I dont give a shit do whatever the hell you want

Beardfags btfo

Did you just name off all of your 17 year old sisters' "Would fuck" list?

he is dead
hope he passed on them genetics

>Implying women don't peak 17-21

But what if the only "beard" you can grow is a patchy thin disgusting early teenager "beard". Like it or not, thick beards are a sign of masculinity. Also gonna need you to kill me senpai.

That 50shades of grey guy doesnt have a beard and most women age 15-40 want to be in his position
Ive never met a woman in my life who prefered guys with a beard, famous or IRL

>thinking the only 2 options are being a long bearded fedora or being a clean shaven faggot

>tfw job makes me go clean shaven
>beard grows out so quick if I don't shave for a day it starts coming in real thick
>can outgrow my roommate's 2 month beard within a week or two
>been able to grow one since I was 16

I mean on one hand I'm happy I can grow one, but it also sounds nice not having to worry about it.

>keep a beard most of the time since graduating high-school 10 years ago
>literally nobody had beards then, even got mocking comments
>recently every beta is having one
Fuck this world.

Beards are a sign of the genetic makeup that allows for facial hair to grow. You can have the biggest, bushiest and most bitchin beard on planet earth, but that isn't gonna exempt you from acting like a panty stain if you don't have the proper mindset.

Like I said, just because some dude has a beard doesn't mean he's instantly some nu male pussy. If a guy like Pat Macnmarra came up to me and told me he was gonna fuck me in the ass, the toughest thing I'd be able to say to him would be something along the lines of "for how long". That being said, modern day men tend to parade around their facial hair as if it means they are the be all, end all of masculinity. It's your actions and mindset that define your perceived manliness, not your face pubes.

That beard length is literally the faggot length.
The only acceptable options are:
>clean shaven
>stubble
>beard that at least a couple of cm
>longer beard if you're into that

pretty much this. Have rocked the Riker style beard since '06 or so.

>not having a stubble

>tfw bald so forced to grow a beard
>now all these people with hair have beards too so i cant even stand out

Yea, yea I know but don't really care

you think I should keep it clean shaven and go back to being an Veeky Forumsperator?

if you like beards you might be gay
t. my gay friend loves beards

>sudden fascination
Did you just wake up from a coma that started in 2012?
Beards have been a trendy thing since 2013 and there were signs of the trend before.

This is the reason why having a beard and talking about it makes you such a faggot.
Just have one if you like it, or don't if you dislike it.

I have a full beard and it looks good, but I never talk about it. I have a friend who grows an even nicer beard, and he never shuts up about it. His Xbox gamertag contains the word beard, his wife refers to him as "the beard" in social media posts. It's sad that someone can have so little substance that something like a beard is such a big part of their identity. I mean, it'd be one thing if he was the only one in that social circle who had a beard, but 90% of that group of friends have a beard.