Why didn't China expand into Siberia and Central Asia before the Russians did?

Why didn't China expand into Siberia and Central Asia before the Russians did?

The Russians seemed to do it with ease.

They even took northern Manchuria from China...

They fear the slav warrior

Imagine living in siberia
The russians HAVE that land now and refuse to live there
90% of it is either bomb tests or oil digging

The Chinese don't like the cold. They evolved in a warm weather climate while white people evolved in a cold weather climate so are better suited to the cold of Siberia.

They didn't have vodka.

flintlocks

I thought monolids and shorter legs were evolved in cold weather.

>Why didn't China expand into Siberia

because China is the middle country, the centre of civilization and the world.
Any explorer instinct was suppressed or directed to diplomacy and trade with countries in Asia that have lesser but at least some civilization.

The son of heaven has no need for lands controlled by barbarians

Because there was no reason to. China was already beyond affluent and powerful and taking some frozen siberian clay wouldn't have been worth the trouble. Hell, many believe that taking Tibet wasn't even worth the trouble. Russia's expansion into Siberia didn't even pay off initially. When the Russian first got a border with China the Chinese beat the shit out of them and kicked them out of Manchuria. It took the Russians another 200 years until they finally had technological superiority to take Manchuria back from the Chinese.

Russians are better warriors than Chink pussies and faggots.

The land could not be farmed and the trees could not be cut down back during the tang dynasty when they had the resources and ability to colonize. Russia had those capabilities however so they did.

something about people on hordes of horses

Civilizational style. China's strength was from its rich agricultural regions and naval control of the aptly named China Sea. Russian and Mongolian civilization were built upon mobile warfare. Mongolians were horse-riding nomads and Russia had a professional caste of cavalry.

A civilization based on mobile warfare is much more likely to conquer a static civilization that has to steadfastly defend specific territory. Of course one based on mobile warfare is prone to quick collapse.

Sort of like why the Romans never bothered to conquer the Scythians.

Source? I've heard the opposite may be true.

I've heard their eye shape was evolved for cold, high wind areas, as well.

This sounds like the best answer so far.

Before oil was discovered and before diamonds were valuable there was absolutely nothing worth shit in Siberia. Russians were lucky as fuck.

That makes sense.

The path north was blocked by mongolians, jurchens and other horsefuckers. Fighting against them in pre-modern times was difficult because they had no cities to capture and an endless steppe to retreat into, and they could come back at any time when you let your guard down.

>ITT: siberia was always Russian

Clearly you have not spent much time around Chinese people. They wont do anything unless they are completely forced to. They only understand aggression and force. Russians are European enough to have a sense of curiosity and a wish for the possibility of glory. Maybe if China could have organized a penal colony system, they might have forced some slaves to go up there, but I doubt China could organize something so complex.

>Clearly you have not spent much time around Chinese people. They wont do anything unless they are completely forced to. They only understand aggression and force. Russians are European enough to have a sense of curiosity and a wish for the possibility of glory

This pseudo-science again, when will race realists stop posting on Veeky Forums?

Never.

>Veeky Forums

Newfag here, are Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums the only intellectual boards on Veeky Forums?

>intellectual

During most of history China just sat there, trying not to fall apart
They didn't even bother to colonize Taiwan until XVII century

>Veeky Forums
>intellectual

I live in Siberia. What's wrong with that?

i looked at siberia on maps just out of curiosity, found a burger king in the middle of nowhere with 3 comments, one guy who put 4/5 said: "took 5 days by foot in the forest to get here, great meat"
i dont think most people identify that as the best living standards but you must be tough people

Well, maybe they should live in cities.

yeah probably
but it's a pretty underrated area, with the transiberian train and shiet that should be used much more, you could allow a great deal of trading by that (i know easier said than done, fucking long train route)
i guess the weather is like that of canada, doable if you dont go too north?

I don't know about Canada, but where I live we have cold winters and hot summers. From -40 to +40

By comparison to the rest it is

The only place, on this shithole that might be a little intellectual is Veeky Forums

>-40
nice, i would die the first day
that would be like saying you are a gentleman lord compared to a monkey

Damn my city is pretty sweet then, it's mostly between 10-30degree. (Some winter nights it may fall to 4-5 degree though)

How can you live without snow?

No profit there and mongols cockblocking them.
Russians had enemies on all sides so expanding eastwards wasn't really a crazy idea.

They thought Siberia was just a useless frozen shithole.

caucasoid evolved in warm weather unlike mongoloids who crossed siberia

Under the Mongols, they did. And guess what happened?

>Yuan dynasty expands into Siberia.
>Khubilai Khan sends a colony of Chinks to civilize the place. They built a road to connect the area.

>Years later
>Yuan Emperors: Whoah, wonder what became of the colony of Chinks I sent up there?
>THEY WENT FUCKING NATIVE: TENDING REINDEER, SMOKING HALLUCINOGENS, HUNTING AND GATHERING, AND FUCKING YAKUT WOMEN.
>Yuan government: Holy fucking shit. Send another colony of Chinese, with a trained official this time.

>Years pass
>Yuan Emperor: hey guys, have you built a city there ye-
>NO THE SAME THING HAPPENS: CHINKS WENT NATIVE. TENDING REINDEER, SMOKING HALLUCINOGENS, AND FUCKING YAKUT WOMEN
>Yuan Emperors: wtf, why?
>Chinks: I KNOW YOU'RE FUCKING STEPPENIGGERS AND DO NOT UNDERSTAND AGRICULTURE AND THINK FARMING IS JUST ABOUT SCRATCHING THE GROUND BUT THE CLIMATE AND THE SOIL HERE IS REALLY UNSUITABLE FOR CROP PRODUCTION AND SO WE GOT ABSORBED INTO THE LOCAL NOMADIC-PASTORAL CULTURE INSTEAD. AND THE WOMEN ARE QT.

Kek, well put.

except the first civilisations were just where people could be nomadic in the near area in rotation, so why not make a town in the woods to stay in occasionally

>When the Russian first got a border with China the Chinese beat the shit out of them and kicked them out of Manchuria. It took the Russians another 200 years until they finally had technological superiority to take Manchuria back from the Chinese.
>2.5 russians vs 100500 chinese
Kek

There was a town but it fell to disrepair when the Nomad-Pastoralists kept moving and with them, the Chinese colonists.

Also only the Yuan was ever interested in expanding into Siberia. And the Yuan is a short lived dynasty.

Because colonization is hard. When the Wu dynasty tried to colonize Taiwan in the 230s they lost 90% of their expeditionary force through attrition.

Europe lucked out big by having disease cripple the native populations first, and even then it took centuries before the "Indian Wars" ended.

They did. A lot of Siberia was contested territory between Russia and China until the Treaty of Aigun and the Treaty of Peking...

>Russians were lucky as fuck.
>see biggest unclaimed stretch of land in the world.
>literally right next to you.
>everybody in Europe says it ain't worth shit cuz it's cold
>meanwhile French and British are fighting over Canada
>meanwhile French and British are fighting over the deserts of Africa
>don't have access to warm water ports, so can't get in on colonizing the New World or Africa like the cool kids.
>oh well, nothing better to do, might as well claim the BIGGEST PIECE OF LAND IN THE WORLD, that everybody else is ignoring.
I don't know if it's luck or if everybody else was just literally retarded. It makes no sense to just completely ignore huge areas of land, even if you don't see an immediate use. Maybe if someone else wants it later, you could decide it's not worth really fighting for and abandon it. However, the costs of claiming unclaimed land right next to you, really aren't that high, compared to the potential benefits. Plus if someone is willing to fight you to take all that empty land, it begs the question why they place such value on it, themselves, to be worth conquering.

good answer.

There are Mongols and mountains in the way.
Can't march an army over all the stuff that ain't green on this map.

Plus, too far away from the middle kingdom.

China already had a shit load of land and plenty of people to take care of, maybe it would have just been a liabilty? China's borders have changed a lot but they always seem to stay centered around a sort of 'main China' area, so maybe they just didn't like to leave that area much anyway? Oh and that obviously contrasts to the comparatively sparse and expansionist Russia. My analysis might be VERY naive though:

That Burger King raises many questions in my head

wut?

Out of the boards I have experience with, yes - although Veeky Forums is decent if you ignore the stormtards and /g/ is respectable. This is Veeky Forums though, so even the relatively good popular boards have lots of pseuds.

Just wait

Fuck off then >intellectual
>Veeky Forums
Are you retarded?

It wasn't empty you brainlet. There were Turkotatar khanates the Russians had to conquer.

That map looks so nice desu, and will be a reality somewhat before this century is over. At least influence wise once Putin dies and Russia Balkanizes.

>However, the costs of claiming unclaimed land right next to you, really aren't that high, compared to the potential benefits.
"Claiming" doesn't mean jack shit. It's not like in modern days where the international community will shun you if you take some piece of clay from some other state.
>Maybe if someone else wants it later, you could decide it's not worth really fighting for and abandon it.
Other way round: if someone later wants it and you find you would prefer to keep it for yourself, you can then start fighting for it and save the costs until then.

It sounds like bollocks.
>naval control of the aptly named China Sea
China fucking abandoned coastal regions rather than fight off japanese pirates at some point. They had no trade to mention whatsoever.
>mobile warfare mumbojumbo
China had capable cavalry. Not to mention the qing were manchus and commanded manchu cavalry.

I live on Long Island Sound and it get's to 0 Fahrenheit in the winter sometimes. It gets up to the 90s in the Summer sometimes tho.

Pics?

It was like the North of the wall in GoT

It was a convenience thing. Russians conquered tribal natives with minimal effort to gain control over the fur trade, but fighting it out with the chinese was simply not worth it.

Because it was a worthless frozen little ice age shithole full of horseniggers

>tfw you'll never go native, tend reindeer, smoke hallucinogens, hunt and gather and fuck Yakut qt3s all day and night

Why live?

4000 vs 6000?

You can only expand so much, user.

Capable cavalry is one thing. The difference is that Mongolian cavalry and Russian cossacks didn't have anything of significance to guard on the Siberian steppes, but the Chinese did have valuable pieces of land to guard. A highly mobile army with nothing to guard but their readily movable camp can easily scout a long border and attack vulnerabilities, but the defender of that border gains nothing tactically from sending men and horses to chase the foreign hordes around the steppes. The cavalry will simply keep moving as they always do and make attacks on whatever weak points they find in the stationary people's necessarily fixed positions.

The issue with Siberia is that historically, the land was so worthless that it wasn't worth conquering but fertile enough to support nomadic armies who were capable of conquering adjacent valuable land. So from the domestication of the horse to the invention of the machine gun, nomadic horseriding armies were a constant problem Eastern Europeans and East Asians.

The Japanese are better situated to control the seas of Asia anyway, just as Britain is bested suited to rule the waves of the North Atlantic. When fishing and trade and migration depends upon sea travel, such a civilization becomes extremely adept at seafaring. So a nation based in an archipelago has a better incentive to develop naval power than a civilization with vast tracts of valuable continental land.

Very often, a balance was struck between the seafaring nations and continental nations or nomadic nations and agricultural nations, but it's a fragile balance and very readily broken by slight changes in technology or drought/famine or something.

Exactly. The Russians only conquered it because they had a professional horsenigger caste, and on the steppes of Asia, if you aren't on the offense you were gonna lose to horseniggers that were.

Well done.

Newfaggot detected
Why couldn't you? Learn to hunt and buy a plane ticket

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA AHHHHHH

>race
Ethnic realism user and this applies only to the Han hivemind not other chinese ethnicities.

>Siberian
>horse niggers
Now now user Siberia is the taiga not the steppe which is right below it you fucking retard. The Siberian gooks are also not the same as horseniggers either.

But Siberia is not steppes, on other point Mongolia haven't bother conquering either, northrest they got was Baikal.
So just not much of use of this land. Btw even today population is quite low

posts like these are why i still keep coming back to this board.