Hi Veeky Forums so I'm not trying to get spoonfed but most of the stuff I read on here I felt not really for me...

Hi Veeky Forums so I'm not trying to get spoonfed but most of the stuff I read on here I felt not really for me. I'm trying to join a service branch but I'm too skinny I'm a guy 19yrs 5'10 116lb and was denied outright because I'm supposed weight at least 128 pounds for my height. I eat healthy lot of chicken, vegies, whole grain bread, no fast food stuff whole pizzas sometimes etc. I have a very fast metabolism, will protein shakes and fattening stuff help me? Or maybe from your expirience some sort of pill that slows metabolism? Within a 4 month period how much weight could I realistically gain? Both of my parents didn't get fat till they were almost 40 just to give you an idea, mods delete if its against sticky

Other urls found in this thread:

iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eat. That's all the advice you're gonna get.

I can eat a lot in one sitting, I've tried eating slow too so my body doesn't shit it out as soon as it comes in, that's why I made the thread in case others anons with a similar physic share what they've done to ubermensch

Are you me?

Except that i'm 6'0

anyway just eat, a lot

what branch are you trying to get in?

iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

put your stats in here ^ (dont bullshit it, you'll just cuck yourself over)

add 250-500 to the number that comes out

that's how many calories you should eat to gain weight

if you arent sure how many calories something has, google it

EX . Rice nutrition facts

Eat eat eat. If you are full easily learn your body to handle more food. You can do this by taking big portions and drinking a lot of water afterwards. This will eventually stretch your stomach, and increasing your apatite.

Op, you are doing good by eating the healthy stuff. You don't want to slow down your metabolism. If you want to increase your calories but keep an healthy as possible diet, eat the shit out of carb sources like potatoes, rice, pasta. Also make sure to get your fats, to do this i suggest to eat a shitton of nuts every day. These are very calorie dense and over all good for your health.

Other tips: increase portions of everything you eat daily, look at food as a source of fuel, remind yourself to eat every hour.

if you do all this and don't add weight you are lying. If you find it hard, trust me: it will become a habit and easier after a month.

Even if your metabolism is in the top 1st percentile or whatever it's a minuscule difference, metabolism is just a meme for fatties looking for an excuse. Nothing a Snickers bar wouldn't fix. Eat more.

No such thing as a fast metabolism, even the outliers only have to eat about 200 more calories.
YOU ARE NOT EATING A LOT. That's a fact, might seem like a lot since you normally don't eat much but it's not. You're barely eating anything at that weight.

So no exercise? Just eat more, I was told to avoid carbs because pre-diabetic from smoothies and sugars
You're right I eat a lot but its thru the day so I'm always munching. I'll just eat four times a day big meals

No no no no no, you don't eat a lot. If you did you'd weigh more. The timing of it doesn't matter either, snacking 1200cals vs 3 400cal meals is the same and you won't gain weight.
You need to eat as often as you can, as much as you can, never feel hungry. Ever. Doesn't matter how many meals or how often you eat just never be hungry and eat more than normal. You'll gain weight.

If you want to gain weight, eat more. If you want that weight to be muscle, eat more and exercise.

You're 116lbs, you're not eating a lot. Get this ridiculous idea out of your head because it's unrelated to reality.

Your brain runs on carbs. Avoid sugars, but other sources like grains, potatoes and rice are excellent nutrien dense sources. You almost can't overeat on potatoes and rice as long as you compromise surplus in calories by exercising.

So about exercise: I would say excercise is a crucial aspect in well-being for every human being. Our hormones, muscles, frame, posture and most importantly, mental health, are all functioning as they should if you move your body a lot daily. So yes: definitely start to do some form of sport or lifting weights in the gym. Your mental and physical gains will shoot through the roof, resulting in a version of youself that is not only 10x better than your current state, you will even regret that you didnt start sooner.

So what are the benefits of eating and lifting together over only eating? you will gain muscles instead of fat and you will be stronger and fitter overall.

I wasn't trying to contradict you user, you're absolutely right I eat all day but it is small stuff even though its thru out the day. I'll just structure myself to four big meals a day

4 meals is a good idea, but don't cut out snacking too if you want to gain weight. Eat huge meals and then if you get hungry a few hours later eat a snack.

Do you have crohn's disease or some shit?

116lb at 5'10 is fucking on the verge of dying.

Check with a doc and make sure you don't have some health issue.

Keep eating more too while you confirm that though.

While I do want to be real Veeky Forums I primarily want to get my foot in the door first within the next 4-6 months so I'll just up my calorie intake and get fatter, so jogging around the block it is from now on. Thanks a lot anons

Cardio is a must if you wanna enlist, you're gonna run and ruck a lot. Get your body used to running now.

I did, I'm between 116-118. I was told prediabetic and vitamin D deficient but I was healthy overall. I feel fine otherwise I wouldn't say I'm weak and like I stated both of my parents didn't get fat till they almost hit their forties

Very good. Do what you are capable of, and starting to jog on top of a big change in your diet can be mentally taxing. Taking it 1 step at a time as you do now is a great idea.

One more thing that you prob already know, but is very crucial: get more calories in than you burn to gain weight.

Also, since you are tall you need a lot more food than people who are short. I'm 196 cm (6,5") and i eat over 4k calories a day, while still staying lean at 100kg (220lbs). This is becaue I train 6 times a week. If someone of 150 cm would eat 4k calories he would get fat as fuck, even if he would workout 6 times a week as well.

gl on your food and jogging journey. And remember that the results will definitely be worth it.

>prediabetic
>vitamin d deficient

you have absolutely no fucking clue what the fuck is going on and have been fucking around with your diet.

read the fucking sticky retard.

Thanks senpai, I'll definitely take note of what you said I'm saving this thread

I'm just quoting what I was freaking told by the Jewish lady damn it. I haven't felt the need to sign up for a gym or change my diet because I eat consciously already I just don't exercise at all

Start iwth pike push ups

How on God's green earth were you diagnosed as prediabetic at the age of 19, weighing 120 POUNDS?