Lately whenever I work out, I get some intense migraines. Even during something light...

Lately whenever I work out, I get some intense migraines. Even during something light, like skipping or hitting the bags in boxing

Anyone ever experienced this and have a fix? It's killing me here

I just did a few pull ups and had to stop at 9. It comes very suddenly and hits me like a train

please respond

Go see a neurologist. Don't fucking wait. Go tomorrow.

Dude go see a fucking doctor, my niece had some serious brain trauma going on and her headaches were the indication she needed to see a doctor.

It could be a cyst, a tumor, a stroke... Regardless of what is causing it, sudden onset of migraines is always a worrying symptom that needs immediate investigation.

Stop clenching your teeth

>I don't know the difference between a headache and a migraine

I had this for about 2 weeks. Id get one set in and get the most intense headache. I had to leave the gym once.

turns out it was the pwo I had recently changed to. If you take PWO or anything like that, stop taking it and see if that works. If not, go to the doctor.

I get an intense pain in my temples and it hurts really bad. I don't know if it's an exertion headache or what, but it makes me stop working our for a bit. It doesn't happen often but I don't know why it occurs.

Drink more water

I got it a few months after i started going to the gym. I must have held my breath too much during sets and the pressure in my head increases and even lifting light weight hurt so bad i had to go home.
It took me the months of no gym at all to get over so hopefully you don't have it as bad as i did. I went to the doctor and he didn't care he told me to take paracetamol.

The muscles that run down the back of your neck might be tight af.

I get these as well, they are called exertion headaches. U fortunately for me, they can occur during sex as well, my wife is understanding of it (happens like once every 2 months).

When they happen, it is because your blood pressure spikes and more blood than your head can handle is forced through. This can cause damage so you want to give yourself at least a week to heal up dude.

I've dealt with this for 8 years, if you have questions let me know I'll answer what I can.

Wouldn't donating blood fix that?

I've had this, comes from not breathing properly. I just had to wait like 3 days, I think it's called an exertion headache.

No.

Is it migraine or cluster? Every now and then I get cluster headaches and there's really nothing I can do besides painkillers. When it happens it usually strikes during gym time. It'll go away after a week or two though.

OP here

So if smoke a joint or drink a bit of alcohol before working out, I could avoid the possibility of having an exertion headache?

I'm unfamiliar with cluster headaches, but after reading about it, it seems that's what I have. The pain is mostly at the front of the head, and causes my eyes to ache

OP here. I have never smoked, done drugs and don't drink. Very boring person.

Not boring at all. Don't put yourself down like that weirdo. People that drink and smoke are boring. Taking it from someone who drinks and smokes

Seriously, go see a doctor tomorrow. DO. NOT. WAIT.

I don't know why you think that is a solution. The best way to avoid it is to breathe (don't hold your breath unless the lift you are doing absolutely requires it for the weight you are pushing/requires a solid core, like squats).
Exercises that engage your back muscles will be the biggest problem. You will also want to focus on a neutral head position. I tend to look up during pullups, as soon as I return it to neutral after my set is when the big rush of blood will come, and with it, the are in my head.

LEGIT SEE A DOCTOR AND DO NOT HAVE A LIFT UNTIL YOU DO.

A dude who went to my gym had this happen to him, was doing leg press one day and got mad headaches, and for about a week - 10 days afterwards, you'd always see him do 2 reps then stop on EVERYTHING, then you didn't see him no more.

Story goes he burst a blood vessel in his brain or something and ended up a spaz. :\

Blimey

Im not sure if I have the same thing, but I've been having migraines forever, and they are often related to phisical exhaustion + either lack of sleep, or being hungry or not having drank enough. So maybe try fixing those and see if it helps.

Not OP but i had severe head pain for fucking months and doctor ordered an MRI then just said it was fine and let me go desu...

>Story goes he burst a blood vessel in his brain or something and ended up a spaz. :\

what the fuck dude