QTDDTOT

Can flat bb/db bench be replaced with incline DB bench and chest dips? Goal is purely aesthetics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/badyogitv
titansupport.com/product/basic-4-x-4-training-belt/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMnAkcaVty0
youtube.com/watch?v=F4ooY1N05Ig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

No

I don't have enough space in my ghetto home gym setup for a bench, are there any significant downsides to replacing bench press with floor press?

Are you aware of the ctrl+F function? Tt can help you find active QTDDTOT's!. Give it a try, OP!

Also, you can and probably should do both. Why are you trying to replace it?

Or can I alternate it with DB incline ?

If you want to hit the whole chest you need to do flat bench, incline bench and decline bench. Then throw in flyes for your weak spot which in 90% of guys cases is the upper chest, so do incline flyes as well.

DB or BB it doesnt matter, but you need to hit the whole chest.

How do you say how much you lift?

Eg pic below is 2 plates. Is this 40KG, 80KG or 100KG (assuming bar is 20kg)?

Or is it 50kg because each arm is lifting 50kg?

Oh I see. I was under the impression that since chest dips hit mid/lower chest that there wasn't much need for flat bench. Just wanted to confirm this.

Jesus fucking christ. Ok newfag, listen to me. You count the bar plus the plates. So if I have a 20kg bar, and there are 20kg of plates, and I'm squatting it, I'm squatting 40kg.

I was literally in the thread where we made half of these memes to fuck with newfriends, but the newfags got a hold of it and spawned this cancerous shit.

Bar plus weight. Remember that. And if you so much as utter the words "but what about air resistance?" without sarcasm, I'll be very, very disappointed.

E) 20kg
The weight on the plate is how much you are lifting with a plate pair (because you balance out the weight) so a plate that says 20kg is actually 10kg because you have the other one on the side making the pair 20kg altogether. Also the plate has a hole in it reducing the weight in it.
Also remember not all bars are 20kg.

It should for upper chest. Do the move with reverse grip pinkys together with an arnold-press-esque twist on the way up.

Are weighted Chest Dips enough to hit the rest? Middle and lower chest that is?

Sup fit.

Quick question. I'm cutting at around 450Kcals. Is it best to follow a PPLX with some low cardio/hit on one of the three days and rest day, or PXPXLXX with cardio on X days (except sunday for practical reasons) ?

Bump

So I recently started working out at a planet fitness, using the preset barbells there to do stronglifts 5x5, not the most optimal way, but I have to make do with what I have. Anyways, i've been progressing through the barbells, increasing the weight every workout, and three weeks in i'm at the second to last barbell, and my knees hurt like hell, I can barely walk, and attempting to squat with even the lightest barbell is an impossible task.
I'm at 210 lbs (started at 230), 5'7 (when will I learn?). What is wrong, why do my knees hurt, should I keep trying to workout?

Anyone else tried the pre-freak preworkout before?
The scoop is huge so I used a half scoop just to test it out, I wondered why it was so big compared to The Curse's scoop. Then again this tub is larger.
Is it supposed to taste not very lime like and a touch bitter?

THE LAST THREAD IS STILL FUCKING ALIVE

STOP FRACTURING THE THREADS BY MAKING NEW ONES JESUS CHRIST

Any more answers to this?

I think I have a cold, though nothing too bad.
Should I lift today?
If not, should I at least eat at maintenance instead of my normal 500 cal deficit?

Is Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 a good beginner program?

Can anyone recommend an actual good yoga youtube channel or some place online to learn it?

By how much weight should you increase upper and lower body lifts on a PPL program and how often? What's the general rule/most common way of doing this

youtube.com/user/badyogitv

My q non lifting related:

I'll move out soon but feel extremely autistic to live alone for the first time. No idea what to do or expect. I get anxiety thinking about where to find the nearest supermarket and stuff like that.

Fatty who'd losing weight here. I didn't eat all day because I was busy, and only ate 800Calories worth of dinner. Can I still eat? It's 20:25 PM here in my country, so I don't want to eat to close to bed time. Still want to lose weight.(around 22:00PM. I get up at 06:00AM)

Yes you should lift. Unless you're vomiting or really feeling so shitty that you can't leave your house, you should go. It'll probably be a bit of a shit workout since colds usually make you feel kinda weak, but lifting will actually help you get better faster.

Also buy some oregano oil, tastes like complete ass but that shit is magic for curing colds.

>I get anxiety thinking about where to find the nearest supermarket and stuff like that.

You should know, or at least have explored a bit the area you're moving to dude. Where are you moving? Google it.

Ivar is so bad ass.

Don't worry brother. You'll get into your own routine after 2 weeks or so. And your anxiety will be no more. Relax user. Embrace this change and all the good it will bring for the future :)

Skol

Thanks!

Should I add flat bench to my push day? Pls respond lads. Pls.

Ignore the rep scheme, going to make everything 3x8-12 besides the deadlifts

is there a downside to doing wide grip on squats?

Can lose some upper back tightness

No don't add it, the dips are enough for your lower chest and you have plenty of pressing already

>No don't add it, the dips are enough for your lower chest and you have plenty of pressing already

No, if you have a wide frame and can hang on to the bar.

When should I take creatine? Ive been cutting and im 2-5kg short of being 10%bf

Wouldnt it benefit during a cut? since it makes your muscles fuller and give you a little tiny bit more strength

at least irrc, I know the muscle looking bigger is due to water retention

How bad will one Cappuccino a day hurt my gains?

I gave up everything else, but I can't do without my morning cappuccino

Why are you under the impression that it would hurt gains? It would only hurt if it interfered with your sleep, which one in the morning shouldn't.

>"but what about air resistance?"

S-someone actually said this without the sarcasm?

what are your bicep routines?

also aesthetics or strength

Empty calories & fat

Hey guys, when you do high bar squats do you have to consciously push your knees out and forward? Because if I don't do that my chest won't stay upright, but I've also read that this places a lot of stress on knees

Just eat that many calories less m8. Cals in vs cals out for weightloss
Youshould know what creatine does before you take it. Reseach a bit lad.

Why the hell can I do 100lb OHP on the fixed weight barbell but not on a normal barbell?

also

I'm doing SS and feel like I'm wasting 3 days out of the week not working out...What the hell can I do to improve my fitness on those no lift days....Cardio/HIIT? And how do I add that in?

What do I do if I'm nearing the end of SS but not high enough bf% to start a cut. Do I just go to TM and keep eating a surplus then cut farther down the line?

when you stick 100lb on a normal barbell are you factoring in the weight of the barbell?

yeah half the rom is lacking from floor press

Yes, the prior week I did 100lbs on the fixed with ease. I went to the barbell for the first time(for ohp) and could hardly press 105 for 2 the dropped back to 100 and could only rep out 4 and it felt ridiculously heavy.

Anyone got experience with Bulbine Natalensis?
Supposedly it boosts test by 350% while also making your balls grow.

what do you guys wear when deadlifting to prevent it turning 'callused' over time? my legs arent bleeding or anything but i just want nice smooth legs, should i just wear pants or buy some long socks, will any socks do or just i just buy into deadlift socks?

I drink about 6-7 mugs of coffee a day, and have to get an EKG within the next two weeks.
Assuming I cut down to 3/4, this won't be an issue, right?

I just use work tubes it seems to be okay for me

I'm pretty sure I can't go back to my gym and need advise

>started working out last month
>skinny as fuck, manlet etc
>found a GREAT gym that is basically a bodybuilding gym with heavy as fuck weights, no meme machines, minimal cardio equipment to save space for heavy weights
>progressing OK to begin with on SS
>the members give me advise as they consider me worthy of help as I joined such a gym at my tiny size
>today
>in the gym doing some deadlifts
>one of the regulars is working out next to me
>he is doing ab rollouts with a barbell
>think of a funny joke
>go and stand in front of him
>as he does his ab rollout and gets to a full stretch I bend down and deadlift the weight out of his hands
>it is 40lbs
>too heavy for me
>I drop the weight and it lands on his head
>he shouts in pain
>his head is bleeding
>everyone runs over
>I try to think of something clever
>'haha looks like the only thing ROLLING OUT is your brains!'
>the guy leaps up and pins me to a wall and punches me in the face
>throws me out of the gym
>hear people saying 'thank god that guy isn't coming back'

What the fuck?
Can I apologise? Should I buy him flowers? I don't want to go to a commercial gym

when did vikings take over qtddtot?

Is Pho considered a healthy meal on a cut?

Long pants.

I'm on SL squatting 120 lbs right now (slooowly building it up). Since last week I'm having some pain on the outside of where my thigh meets my hip. It's obviously from squatting... Tbh it Hurts most when turning and walking, less when squatting. Just afterwards it Starts aching. Is this Common? Anyone got advice on form to fix this? Any stretchen?

Your mother should have swallowed you.

Check your foot and knee positions maybe.

How can I improve my upper body lifts so they're more proportional with my lower body? My maxes now are:

At 6ft, 170 lbs
Deadlift 455lbs
Squat 405 lbs
Front Squat 315 lbs
Bench 235 lbs
Overhead Press 115 lbs

Is there a different way to train the upper body (as far as intensity, sets/reps, etc) that I'm just ignorant of, or is this some physiological problem where I need to focus more on the upper body?

Is it possible to do c25k and pplx at the same time?

What are some good bodyweight ab exercises? Not gonna lift this week because elbow injury but still wanna try do cardio and core shit?

All plank variations.

>tfw grill with harrow hips
how possible is it to widen your hips by building volume in the tensor fashiae latae and the max/med/min glutes? If it is, how retarded would it look?
i'm desperate

I just did one for 60 sec. Nothing is gonna replace ab wheel this week will it. Gonna do bunch more see if I can go longer?

yes, it's possible.
check out instagrams sluts, they post like a gazillion of those hip abduction-type exercises.

try one-legged planks with elbows further forward.

OK thanks fucking tennis elbow. Trying to keep the weights off it for a lil

Does anyone have experience with this weightlifting belt or the maker (Texas Belts)?

Looks nice, it's IPF approved, and is only $45, which makes me a little hesitant, since most belts are ~$100.

Forgot link:
titansupport.com/product/basic-4-x-4-training-belt/

If anyone has any suggestions for belts in similar scheme (plain leather) I'd really appreciate it.

What time of day should I go to the gym for the fewest amount of people?

Super early or super late.

Or around 2pm.

Be real with me. What do you guys do when all the equipment is taken?

I like to run a few miles before starting my compounds, all the stuff is taken up by the time I'm done though. I'm not gonna ask to "work in," I'm not lifting heavy enough and it takes too long to swap plates, I'd rather just have the thing to myself.

Do you guys keep a "plan b" routine?

40kg when gym bro helps me load up, 100kg literally every instance when I'm not loading it.

forget where I saw it, but there was a study showing that doing decline provides no benefits over doing flat bench for chest development. Pretty sure it also said incline was pretty much in the same situation.

reverse grip (flat) bench has signficantly higher upper pec activity than flat or incline.

slight incline's better if you wanna hit the front delts a bit more.

or just flat bench and ohp...

I just slept for 12 hours. I normally sleep for 8.5 hours or so. Is there anything wrong with me? Had a normal day yesterday, went to bed at a normal time and everything. I'm 19.

Wtf is going on

Also what do I do with my breakfast meal now? Do I just eat it with lunch or skip it?

If I'm bulking do I only eat more on days i lift or everyday?

Everyday son. If you find you're gaining too fast, limit intake by 100 or so calories.

>he doesn't realise the weight listed on the plates are before they drill the holes

Go back to plebbit

If I'm cutting because I am fatass, 230lbs, what are the disadvantages of not getting enough prottein? Losing muscle faster? I am trying to do SL 5x5, plus cardio, plus eating at a deficit but I haven't paid any attention to eating enough prottein yet I keep reading about how important it is for fat people who are trying to lose weight

The body is weird, sometimes you just need more sleep. No real explanation needed.

Do whatever you want with food, meal timing is a meme.

Been lifting a for a few months now and my deadlift is coming up on 3plate. I've noticed recently that my lower lats are a little sore the next day. Is this from flexing muscles to keep my back straight? Or am I an idiot and Im not keeping my back as straight as I think I am? There are no mirrors near the platform.

Am I on the one-way trip to snab city?

Pic related

Not feeling as full is one of the biggest things. Protein takes longer to burn so that full feeling is easier to get instead of just pure carbs. In-addition protein helps muscle recovery after exercises.

Seeing as you're a fatass, you probably don't need to worry about muscle loss as you probably don't have enough for your body to justify cannibalizing it.

Can I get some tips for improving my barbell rows? I want a joocy back

Reasonable fitness routine to go 2 weeks of low weight/high rep and then 1 week of high weight/low rep?

I'm not really following any diet besides just cutting out soda/energy drinks, and ride about 6 miles on a bike 3 days a week. Mainly looking to get rid of the gut that built up over the holidays

Let the bar rest between reps on the ground to avoid being limited by lower back strength.
Try using hip extension a bit to get the bar going from the start.
Try different grip widths, try rowing closer to the groin or higher to the chest.
Get full shoulderblade movement (protracted when the bar's on the floor, retracted when the bar's near your body).
Try different rep ranges.
Try more volume, more sets.

Do more pulling work, chin-ups, pull-ups, cable rows (youtube.com/watch?v=ZMnAkcaVty0 at 1:30)

Ofcourse watch this too:
youtube.com/watch?v=F4ooY1N05Ig

Eating time doesnt matter as much as people say. I actually found when I eat a hearty meal at night It helps me rest easier and I wake up more refreshed.

>BB flys

U wot m8

Is drinking your cum good for gains?

DYEL here
I just did my first 2pl8 deadlift today

Advice I got the other day about fixing my grip helped

Have a nice day :)

is a 1500 calorie deficit too much? My TDEE is ~3500 my job is very physical and I've been doing cardio every day in addition to my defecit

Also, I don't have any sharp pain in my spine. Only muscle pain along my spine.

our bodies need a lot more energy to sleep than most people think.

First time lifting in over a year in a half and the guy had me do the following:
Squats:
5 sets of 5 reps at 135 lbs
6 sets of 3 reps at 155 lbs

At this point I wasn't feeling good in my head, like a crown of pain sitting on my head so I told him I needed to stop.

It's been 6 hours and I still have a searing pain all around the crown of my head and don't know if it's just cause I'm unfit or what it is but I'm really worried.

I've been laying in the dark the entire time and it's not helping.

Obvious questions:
Don't drink
Don't smoke
Yes, I'm overweight a bit
I used to be a defenseman in lacrosse for over 10 years but haven't worked out since coming to college

Bump

6'0" DYEL here, was 178, down to 169. Should I keep cutting or get down to 160 before I stop losing weight? I'm not sure how to properly balance this shit so I can get that dream 12% body fat eventually.

That's really weird for pain

Maybe your neck is all janked and that's pulling on your scalp

If your TDEE is indeed 3500 (I'm curious what your job is, it's not easy to burn 1000+ calories) then yeah 1500 is too low. You generally don't want to eat less than 60% of what you're expending.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

Searing pain = go to the doctor

Keep going to 12%. What's stopping you?