How can I accurately calculate how many calories I burn while lifting weights...

How can I accurately calculate how many calories I burn while lifting weights? Any calculators out there that can measure by weight, reps, and body weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-to-estimate-maintenance-caloric-intake.html/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lifting weights doesn't burn much calories, it's the muscle mass you gain from it lifting over the years that increases your metabolism.

>"Lifting burns tons of calories" -The Sticky

Did the sticky lie to me...?

>how many calories I burn while lifting weights?
Like 200 tops after 2h session

if you lift weights 3-5 times a week just multiply your weight by 15 so mine is 170x15=2050 thats my TDEE with everything factored in including moderate training(4 days a week)

give this a read if you want a better understanding

bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-to-estimate-maintenance-caloric-intake.html/

2550* TDEE sorry 2050 is what i use to cut and 3050 is what i use to bulk, you will find most sites.calculators will give you a number similar to that.

The sticky is full of bro science.

> getting advice from Veeky Forums ever

I advice looking up some vids on youtube. Veeky Forums is for memes and lolposts.

Yes.

Lifting only burns calories if it's in a massive circuit or it's one of those multiple hour bodybuilding sessions.

You will litterally burn twice as many calories walking at a moderate-fast pace then you will strength training/powerlifting.
That's not an opinion or an exaggeration that's a fact.

All of the extra calories burned from lifting comes from the changes inside of the body and the body trying to repair the damage caused by the lifting not the lifting itself.

And to be honest, bodybuilding type lifting and really high output exercises are far better for that sort of thing then general strength training.

Strength training is simply for general health and the amount that is suggested in the OP is, to be honest, not even close to necessary.

I bet youre one of those faggots that rests 5 minutes between sets

Not him but more rest means you can lift more weight in your sets

>tfw resting 2 days inbetween sets

Well mathematically you could calculate the energy required by a machine to lift a given weight by the given travel distance. It could be more or less than you think, but since human bodies are so grossly ineffecient with energy and most of our energy burned is lost as heat you'd be free to add some kJ to those equations on the basis of human metabolic function alone.

Don't calculate it. Eat a TDEE of a sedentary person, minus 10% because it's bullshit. If you are lifting heavy - and pushing yourself very hard, take 1g of protein per pound of muscle. If you weight 200 and 20% bodyfat, that means 160 grams, for example. Limit sugar, get more fiber.

Pulse meter. It will tell you exactly how many calories you burnt, taking your age, sex and weight into consideration. Your heart doesn't lie.

Heart rate also you can eat back clean carbs for glycogen.

A pitiful amount. Energy spent = force x distance, so squatting while holding twice your bodyweight uses the same amount of energy as squatting thrice without any weights.

assuming you're a robot that lifts perfectly up and down

retard

Guess you can't read, retard, where I said that lifting alone only uses a tiny amount of energy compared to basic biological functions.

Show me that exact quote you piece of shit liar

Idiot completely missed the point of his image that you are orders of fucking magnitude below your daily needs for each rep. Meaning unless you do something like 1000 reps in a gym session what you burn is low enough to not warrant actual calculation because it pales in insignificance relative to the cost of normal body functions.

Fuck me fit is filled with deadshits tonight.

human body doesn't even have close to 1:1 energy input/output