Hmmm... Really got my noggin joggin

Hmmm... Really got my noggin joggin.

>reddit
>counting the bar

Colour me surprised.

The plates have holes in the middle though

"No"

this

Did he even measure the gravity at his gym before finding this out?

>he doesn't count the weight of his arms for OHP

I bet he didn't even rent some land surveying equipment to find the elevation of his preferred squat rack in relation the the core of the earth and the atmosphere above to determine, mathematically, how many ATM to add to his lifts

jesus christ reddit pull your shit together

>/s
Jesus christ i hate that shit so much

You're obviously supposed to count the weight of the bar. Let's say I do a ohp without anything. I then take a light bar, and then I use a regular bar. According to Veeky Forums all are the same, which is retarded. Some people can't even lift the regular bar, does that mean they're lifting negative weight? No.

>counting the weight of the bar
you probably also pull sumo

I bet he didn't even weigh his plates before using them

Fucking plebbit

Your mom pulled my sumo dick, you little faggot. Also there is nothing wrong in doing sumo as a variation sometimes. Kys

>I bet he didn't even weigh his plates before using them
>Fucking plebbit
You should actually weigh them, I do. I once found out the weight was messed up on a few plates. All the instructors at the gym were confused

>I bet he didn't even weigh his plates before using them
You should actually do this, just because it says a certain weight doesnt mean it actually is.

I can't. I go to a Planet Fitness and there are no scales anywhere in the building. Found out this morning when the batteries in my home scale died.

>Going to reddit in the first place
Fuck off back there you cunt.

> there are actually people on this earth who country bar
Loling @ ur life
The tradition of not counting the bar came from powerlifting. The bar is something that everyone lifts, so is automatically redundant in logging the weight with the bar

Seriously, go to any powerlifting meet. They'll tell you the same thing

I've got long legs...

be funny if they purposely over-label their weights so the customers think they're lifting more than they actually are

>he counts the plates he puts on the bar as weight
lmaoing at plebbit

When counting by plates you obviously don't count the bar, when listing in pounds you obviously do count it (if its an Olympic bar it'll be 45lb standardized)

So if you ohp 1 plate then that's one 45 lb plate on each side plus the 45 pound bar for a total of 135lbs

This isn't fucking hard. Most people just list the number of plates anyways (at least when e-statting to other autists online), you'll read about someone's 2 plate bench much more than 225 pounds

>The tradition of not counting the bar came from powerlifting. The bar is something that everyone lifts, so is automatically redundant in logging the weight with the bar
>Seriously, go to any powerlifting meet. They'll tell you the same thing
So by that logic in a power lifting meet if most squat 4plates, they shouldn't count the weight of them, only anything above 4 plates. That's how retarded you sound

>he didn't check the accuracy of his scales before weighing and check the accuracy of the comparative scale with an additional scale

no, it cant be "most", it needs to be "all".
go back to high school and work on your logic.

when i squat i count the bar,the clippers,my own weight,my clothes and my massive intellect

>not counting the metaphysical weight of your very existence

lmao never gonna make it!!

>tfw my intelligent brain is to big for me two be able too lift weights

>n't count the weight of them, only anything above 4 plates. That's how retarded you sound
10/10 bait

>95lbs PR
My buddy never trained OHP and did 50kg x 3 (110lbs) yesterday. And it's still considered novice level at strengthstats.com.

>didnt calculate the force of gravity

Newbies, gtfo of my board. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
don't count the bar retard casul! You hold it in your hands, it doesn't count! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So all lift at least 1 pl8. So don't count it. Kys

What about the clippers that weigh 250 grams?

Well let's say you're at the Olympics. There's typically qualifications and all that. So let's say everyone who qualified for the Olympics can bench at least 300kg. Then you might as well just start counting from there.
So if someone benches 317kg at the Olympics, you would say he benches 17kg

Do they touch your hands? No. So count them in, retard

This
So every part of the bar that doesn't touch my hand, I should count it in?

No, because bar is one whole piece

So can I use a smaller lighter bar? Can I take my own bar to the Olympics?

Don't know about the olympics, but yes you can. What's the point though if it's weight doesn't matter because it touches your hands?

>wtf did I just read

>humblebragging this hard
>doing it on reddit

kys

Bragging about a 95lb ohp.
Please tell me you're joking

>He thinks just because I posted it here, it means I'm the same one who posted on leddit
Proof lifting a lot makes you retarded

I bet he didn't even weight the scale

Do people count the bar in the smith machine? The whole mechanism on the leg press? How much do these things weigh?

me too, kappa

No, let me explain how it works.

> results have to be the same across all meets
> some regional meets don't have a limit
> but the bar must be 45lbs across all meets
In your system, someone having a bench of 17kg, you don't know if they had a 300+17kg bench or a 20+17kg bench.

As long as he's calculating his bench the variables of
>being at or above 2000ft sea level
>At the Equator
>under a full moon
>during the middle of the day
>in winter

He's actually right!

If someone cannot bench a 45 bar so uses a 20lb fixed bar, are the benching -25lbs?

No they are benching 20 pounds, it's a fixed bar at 20lbs. if they can't bench the bar then they can't bench 0. it's simple really. get it?

Unless he has done other shoulder exercises, thats bullshit

push ups only, baby. His OHP was fairly good form and he's not fat. Really though, I did 110lbs for reps after 1 month of training. And I'm surprised that there are adult men out there who think it's something out of ordinary.