Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8
nutritionfacts.org/video/paleo-diet-studies-show-benefits/
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-problem-with-the-paleo-diet-argument/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15162131
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3205742/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17449231
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22074852
omicsonline.org/whole-grain-cereal-bioactive-compounds-and-their-health-benefits-a-review-2157-7110.1000146.php?aid=4593
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15228991
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20375186
preventcancer.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7499&news_iv_ctrl=0&abbr=res_
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9244360
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the way most people handle it? yes

muh paleo chocolate cake
muh paleo burritos
muh other paleo reddit recipes

paleo itself yes, besides the philosophy behind it i don't get the hate it gets, it's 90% about cutting bullshit out of your diet
have some high test bro

No, my mother has a metabolic and skin disease, and ever since she started the paleo diet the red skin disappeared and she doesn't get shits anymore.

The side effect of Paleo is that you lose weight quickly, that's why it's considered a meme by some, because only failing dieters seem to try it.

I can understand that any diet that cuts out processed shit is a step up from the typical way Americans eat, but is Paleo a fool's path in the sense of trying to get back to being trim and put on muscle.
>fell for the bulking meme
>was 126 lbs ~5% BF
>now 175 lbs 18-22% BF

lol???

Yes it is

>avoid grains

all the people I know that do it (by their excessive facebook posting about the shit they just cooked), are still fat even after years of sticking to it.
guess they didn't get the memo that "eating like a caveman" doesn't help weight loss if you keep being a glutton

yeah I'm not worried about my lifestyle/training just want to get proper diet to push my aesthetics further.

I've paleo nearly a year now, first 2 months were strict but then i realised it was a bit of a meme.
I modified it to no grains, no sugar, no legumes, no processed package foods.

I eat potatoes, rice and dairy plus all the meats, veg, fruits and nuts. No peanuts, beans or peas obv.

Other than that i have 3 regular to small sized home cooked meals per day. I'll mix in a bit of intermittent fasting, so on days i don't do much, Thursday and Sunday i won't eat anything until lunch.

I have energy through the roof. But I've honed it somewhat. I'm getting plenty of fats (coconut oil, butter, avocado), and have a nibble on a few nuts during the day (when not fasting)

I'm also lean af now.

Noice

Lol

>Starchy veggies, nuts seeds are optional
>Includes olive oil and avocados as foundational
>in any way similar to a mesolithic diet

Rename your meme diet and then drink bleach

Rice is a grain retard

It's a meme. The diet is based on a misunderstanding of how ancient man actually ate (and lived, which is just as important) and an appeal to nature fallacy that ignores science altogether.

We don't need a concept like "the paleo diet" to learn what foods are good for us. We can study that directly, and the knowledge we've gained on nutrition over the years is inconsistent with Paleo claims.

youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8

Paleo is a good diet by accident.

by accident?
eating naturally is a fucking accident?

>see the word Alpha

Into the trash it goes

It's not even a good diet. The only thing it has going for it is that it includes vegetables and cuts out (some) processed foods.

The basic concept of not eating processed shit and eating grass-fed meat etc. are all sound.

The whole cult and artificial restrictions that have sprung up around it are fucking retarded, millennials taking photos of every meal and going on about shit like "reconnecting with nature" and trying to make a philosophy out of eating - are just another variety of hipsters.

>22 minutes
>TED Talk

Give me the skinny, because I'd rather spend my 22 minutes drinking milk and jacking it to 2D girls.

>Philosophy out of eating

What's wrong with that?
Mindlessly eating or worse eating whatever is sold to you well enough is what got most of the obese bastards into the messes they are in now.

>eating naturally

Go live off of berries and raw fish for maximum gainz then bro

The fact is any eating method that cuts out refined sugars and grains (and therefore 90% of the shitty 'foods' people eat) is going to yield great results.

There's no need to meme it up by appealing to some retarded cavemen shit.

basically we dont have the same food as the people had 10000 years ago

> eating grass-fed meat etc. are... sound.

Grass-fed meat does not come with significant advantages over conventional meat. The meat-heaviness of the diet combined with the lack of fiber-rich staple foods like whole grains and legumes make paleo a joke of a diet.

>Literally implying

nutritionfacts.org/video/paleo-diet-studies-show-benefits/

nutritionfacts.org/video/the-problem-with-the-paleo-diet-argument/

What is their problem with legumes anyway? Like they can't have chick peas, kidney beans, peas or runner beans. And they think peanuts are the devil.
What gives?

>cavemen didn't eat it bro

Literally just this They try to make up little non-issues like lectins and phytates to justify it, but basically it's just "cavemen didn't eat that." That's the formula they have to stick to, because if they started basing things on science and saying "okay, I mean beans aren't so bad for you, they do seem pretty healthy" then they would be forced to admit the Paleo diet idea is a flawed concept and it would all fall apart.

>What's wrong with that?
You're supposed to have better things to do than post your 26th paleo cookie pic of the week.

>Mindlessly eating...
Yeah, there is no middle-ground between eating healthy and being a faggot who can't shut up about how his consciousness has totally like expanded after swearing off the pea devil.

>Grass-fed meat does not come with significant advantages over conventional meat.
"Grass-fed" implies "not pumped full of steroids, antibiotics, kept most of their life in tiny enclosures and not feed bonemeal and god knows what else." If you think that doesn't make any difference, sure, whatever mate.

This. While it is a fuck-ton less idiotic than most meme diets, it still has some arbitrary and pointless rules to make it fit a marketable theme. This creates a dogma that needs defending for no reason other than allowing companies to market paleo-this and paleo-that while giving people an opportunity to be smug about something, typical hipster cult shit.

"they didn't eat grains 10.000 years ago"
"they didn't eat sugar 10.000 years ago"
fucking retards

Apparently legumes are hard to digest or something

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Their slow digestion is one of the reasons they're so good for preventing and treating diabetes. Their massive amounts of fiber and undigestable starch feed and foster healthy bacteria in the gut too.

Most plant matter is hard to digest without microbes

It's a meme for modern people to think the foods we eat today are anything like the ones people ate during the paleo period of human history. While we eat distant cousins and modified versions of those plants, its not the same. So that immediately makes it a meme in my book.

However, the tenant of eating less processed bullshit and sugar are fine.

>the diet reconnects us with nature
>you will get your food from walmart
>baning legumes

Would you argue line this for grains too? Or are they a good thing to cut out?

Unprocessed grains are also good for you. Refined grains are bad for you. Paleo types try not to make the distinction. They know most people only eat highly processed grain products, so all they have to say is "grain" to invoke images of doughnuts, corn chips, and pop tarts. Ask why oatmeal is bad for you and you'll get some half-assed "well, uh... oatmeal has, like... carbs, so... uh... you'll get diabetes or something..." excuse

Have you anything i can read about this? Because I've went 0 legume 0 grain.
I would love to eat beans and chick peas, runner beans ect.. and porridge in the morning would be great.

You are fucking stupid if you think that just because our ancestors did it, it is optimal

Just typing "whole grain" or "legumes" into pubmed brings up a lot of reading material. Virtually any study or review article you find will be glowing positive over these foods.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15162131
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3205742/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17449231
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22074852
omicsonline.org/whole-grain-cereal-bioactive-compounds-and-their-health-benefits-a-review-2157-7110.1000146.php?aid=4593
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15228991
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20375186

Consistent, strong protective effects found for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, colorectal cancer, and overall mortality, thanks to a combination of vitamins/minerals, fiber, and fiber-bound antioxidant compounds.

Thanks, I'll have a read. And I've bookmarked pubmed

So is it a meme?

What did he mean by this

Image not opening. What does it say?

>bulked at 2000cal over tdee
>bulk iz a meem u gize.

JUICYYYYY

what? is meat different? are greens different?

>Like grains, legumes contain phytic acid. Phytic acid binds to nutrients in the food, preventing you from absorbing them.

Thanks. Well?

>Meat different
It's heavily produced in an industrial setting instead of urban. You can still get a true Paleo diet, but that revolves buying everything from a local farmers Market and asking them about everything inside it. Most people couldn't afford a true diet, because it cost extremely higher prices then buying the pesticided version down the road at your local grocery store.

This, I have some land and raise organic vegetables and fruits. My yields aren't even close to those of people I know that use pesticides and GMOs. Without those two things the world would starve.

Modern fruits, vegetables and nuts are nothing like the wild variants they had 10000 years ago. They were 90% seeds and 10% meat, and the seeds were poisonous. Wild carrots were pencil thin, not really very different from any other root. Wild potatoes were the size of a small raddish, and each plant had ONE potato. The green parts of both plants are poisonous. A wild watermelon had no red meat, is was all white rind. Wild almonds were poisonous. Most seeds are poisonous in large quantities.

All the wild ancestors of these plants still exist today, you just don't recognize them because the wild variants are nothing special, just plants. If you want the genuine primitive diet try to live of forage. It's fucking ridiculous to exclude grain like it's somehow less natural than any other cultivated plant. Wild grain aka grass is perfectly fine on a primitive diet.

They try to give the impression that the bulk of the nutrients in these foods aren't absorbable, when it's only a few percent. They don't mention that the human gut harbors bacteria that breaks down phytate, and that cooking (as well as sprouting and fermenting-- as in bread) lowers phytate levels. They don't mention that phytate is a powerful antioxidant in its own right, and that it's probably a major reason why grains and legumes are so helpful for lowering colon cancer risk.

preventcancer.aicr.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7499&news_iv_ctrl=0&abbr=res_
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9244360

It's healthy but needlessly restrictive. You can't eat grains, legumes, refined sugar, or seed oils on Paleo which stops you from eating 99% of junk food. However, you also miss out on some healthy stuff like whole grains, beans, and lentils.

That being said, it's definitely an improvement over the way most people eat.

Fuggggg she fine

>You can still get a true Paleo diet, but that revolves buying everything from a local farmers Market

No you can't, you can't get a true paleo diet anywhere except for living among natives that haven't changed their diets in thousands of years. Years of domestication and selective breeding have made animals completely different than ancient ones. No farmer's market chicken is going to be anything like an ancient chicken. Same for crops, no modern carrot is going to be like an ancient carrot.

Not only that but different people in different regions ate completely different diets due to what was available to them.