Daily reminder

Daily reminder

Double dubs of truth

>b-but if you do it with good form you wont get hurt!

daily reminder that you WILL fuck yourself up with consistently heavy squats and deads, no matter what your form is. the human body is not designed to handle the load

>never do anything hard becasue you might fail

>Bodybuilding
>not hard

ok

Roided retards don't count as powerlifters.

Yeah, no shits very injury prone to do PL as roider

Friendly reminder that only happened because druggo powerlifters train like fucking retards, and that several drug free lifters (including Mike Tuchscherer and Bryce Lewis) have sustained significant injuries but because they're not retarded, have come back and perform at the top of their weight classes.

Bodybuilding easy. Easy to lift for hours, easy to watch your nutrition, easy to spike insulin levels before and after workouts with proper nutrition, easy to count macros.

It's hard to lift some autistic number of plates off the floor then go to mcdonalds and get fat as fuck though

I'm thinking of getting a standing leg press machine for my home gym vs a powercage, i just wanna press & curl since i'm hereditarily predisposed to back injury (shit genes in general, poor sight, balding etc) thoughts?

>nutrition is hard

Kek

daily reminder that any roider is going beyond natural body limits and going to fuck up himself no matter its bodybuillding, powerlifting or other stuff

I mean nothing is hard if you set your mind to it, then it's easy, you just do it.

But what do you think is harder

>go to gym
>do one set
>sit on phone for 5 minutes
>do 2 more sets
>go to mcdonalds
>eat entire menu
>go home
>take insulin shot
>rest day
>rest day
>take diabeetes medicine
>back to gym

etc

or bodybuilding?

it's all relative

DO se have any medical source to back any of those claims?
I'm not joking, curious really

>le know nothing man xD

I thought /pol/ was bullshit with jews pushing numale lack of masculinity as a trend but it seems like they're still right. No, they don't lift light. This guy lifts light.

Do you actually want to argue about it or are you just trying to be annoying?
I know the way you talk about opposing interest is the usual way 16 yo 4channer do - but if you actually want to argue about it, then don't.

>who is arnold
>who are all the other guys which are still alive and are healthy

hang yourself, like 5% of all lifetime raiders fuck themselves up..

Yeah, someone that had 6 bypass operations, each any single one of them incredibly invasive and dangerous, is certainly "healthy".

You are the retard that says his grandpa is 90+ years old and smoked all his life, that's why he is "healthy" and smoking is fine.

Moral of the story is: Steroids are dangerous, regardless of what program you follow. i.e. Zyzz

You may well be right, but I'd rather be a Lilliebridge than Nubret no matter how much I respect him

I think nobody will deny that powerlifting at the level of the lilliebridges is unhealthy. As soon as you break records in your sport it becomes unhealthy. Also taking roids makes the body much stronger than it's supposed to be. Imagine putting in a veyron engine in a vw beetle. The car will get torn apart under the power. Just stay natty and lift heavy with good form. At the end of the day we will all get creaky joints and backs if we train or we don't.

Lol arnold is far from healthy my retarded friend. But then again he roided like a retard.

Daily Reminder that volume is king for muscle growth.

Muscle growth is three parts:

Progressive Overload of Volume
Rest/Sleep
Nutrition

> 2017
>not doing SS

You want that ronnie coleman titties dont you?

Most of the people here have a SQUAT OR YOURE A PUSSY and LIFT HEAVY AS FUCK EVERY FUCKING TIME! THE ALL POWERFUL FORM WILL PROTECT YOU FROM YOUR INEVITABLE INJURIES!!

A significantly advanced natural lifting heavy 24/7 with a 3xweek is a natural who will sustain injuries from lifting.
Period.

Most people who were talked into lifting heavily, once they reach relatively high numbers if they do strength training, will go for a quasi bodybuilding rep range. It happens so often that it seems like a natural progression.

> /pol/
> bullshit
pick one

also (you)

that's why you don't peak for longer than 2 weeks MAX

most powerlifting routines worth a shit have a chunk dedicated to volume, a chunk dedicated to strength, and a short peaking block designed to manifest and improve your 1RM

training for strength is a lot more than just squat heavy 3x/week

To be honest i'm scared and confused.
You see, i'm a novice in the fit world, and i'm doing SS but.
Right now the weights are ok, but what do i do when the squats get too dangerous? I'm planning 6 months on SS but i'm getting afraid of squats, seriously.

don't listen to salty aestheticsfags on Veeky Forums. They're just trying to make excuses for their sub-2pl8 squat

keep adding weight. If you can't hit 5x5 with it with good form, deload

You are worse than supermong, are you trying to be an autistic retard?

>implying any of these fags have lifted for longer than 2 years or ever even looked at anything more advanced than TM

Don't listen to the retards, they're far more likely to wear out joints with their retarded isolations all day shit.

I see guys on this board all the time complaining about back problems from lifting 1plate. Better to be strong and in pain than weak with the same issues. And here's some common sense for you idiots that blame roids for everything; if you have a joint problem, the best thing you can do is strengthen the muscles around it to support that joint (never mind the benefits of increased hgh and igf-1).

of course not. This is Veeky Forums. Your average poster is a 160lb curlbro running a 5-day split

Average poster is actually an out of shape highschool/college aged male/female idiot who slavishly powerlifts/strength trains because they were convinced by outright lies that it was 100% safe.
That any injuries comes from poor form and not just it being a thing that occurs when putting heavy weight on your back.
There's a reason why there's no bodybuilding or calisthenics or serious running or aerobic section in the sticky.

It's not surprising really.

Powerlifters are not healthy. You can tell that just by looking at them.

Veeky Forums is filled with retards who eschew all forms of cardio and think that fitness is a pissing contest between who can lift the heaviest amount of weight.

How many times have you seen retards here with herniated discs from lifting too heavy?

>look at powerlifters they all look unhealthy

K

Yeah this is the epitome of male health and fitness right here

>powerlifters are all fat

Equipped PL gives the sport a bad name, raw PL is pretty cool.

>posting an american roidaroo as an example of health

>Ivanko
>Not Ivanka
Not gonna making powerlifting great again buddy

>because you train for powerlifting you must be fat

>How many times have you seen retards here with herniated discs from lifting too heavy?
..never?

Equipped is powerlifting, raw is a meme. Nobody wants to see your 1,000lb total.

>powerlifter coming through
>step aside fuccbois
>epitome of male health
>not fat, just bulking

Equipped powerlifting is not a sport.

>look at me i can press the button on this crane and lift 500 tons lmao

The guy I posted is a powerlifter too, just not a roidaroo like Norris and >chemist

>le fat powerlifter maymay

Pic related deadlifts over 800lbs

>thinks lifting in multiply is easy
Nigga put on a canvas suit and try doing 150% of your raw max and then get back to me.

I'm not saying it's easy. I'm saying it's retarded and takes away the essence.

You literally just said it was as easy as pushing a button, asshole. The essence is lifting enough weight to kill a normal person. Stop being a pussy.

No, I'm saying once you start adding shit that helps you remove the essence of the sport.
It's about being fucking strong and lifting heavy shit. Not about taming equipment that does the work.

>why not add a spring between my legs
>and use straps on the deadlift lmao they help a bit
>i could hang rubberb ands off the ceiling and lift even more!

>TUT with light weight
#justroiderthings
Go ahead and try that meme for some years,see how much muscle you put on

Raw powerlifting is the sport where the average competitor continues to get worse and worse because the barrier for entry is so low. Back in the day to be a powerlifter you needed equipment and to get to a point where you were putting on equipment required dedication.

Worked for mentzer

What do you think Sheiko is? Lots of work with submaximal weight, designed to increase muscle and make you better at the lifts. It works and it works well.

>gear is expensive
>have to maintain body composition for it to work properly
>helps prevent injury (the topic of this post)
>literally a separate division so raw fags can still compete with each other until they get injured and quit
And when I hear guys like you, I know you've never even worn gear, and would never say shit in person at a meet.

>metzer was natty
Ok I can see we've abandoned all reason here

Sheiko is garbage unless you have sheiko personally sheikoing your sheiko.
Sheiko

>roid hard as fuck
>build muscle quicker than body (joints and tendons) can handle
>surprised when body fucks up

>and would never say shit in person at a meet.

Because I wouldn't go to some lardass rubberband orgie.

>roid
>recover from stress much faster than the average human
>HURR HOW COME I DON'T GET INJURED BUT YOU DO???
let's just face it and stop lying to yourself

they work 10x harder than you ever had to and they're stronger for it
you roid and all you have to show for it is that you're prettier

I have a lot more respect for someone who lift heavy weights or looks great without needing the easy way out with crutches, these people are much stronger than you and much better than you, period, and in the end riding your bycicle with support wheels only makes you look laughable

>Sheiko is garbage unless you are being coached by Boris
That can be said about any program. The principles behind Sheiko are what's more important.

That's funny because at my meet last Saturday there were raw high school kids, cute girls lifting raw and single ply, and really only a couple fat people in the whole place. But stay in your moms basement or whatever.

I know I just get tired of the sheiko meme around here. Having a coach is critical, and I mean a live one, not from the Internet.

Same - the routines are solid but people are starting to think like they are the be-all-end-all of lifting.

>Having a coach is critical
Agreed.

Your mother's body wasn't designed to handle my load. Didn't stop her.

>why not add a spring between my legs

Fun fact - back in the 70s guys would wrap tennis balls behind their knees to give them more spring out of the hole during a squat. Equipped lifting is a fuckin meme.

That wasn't considered equipped.
>not doing whatever it takes to win

my sides

They work 10x harder because they fucking can you stupid fuck.

A roider can heal from the workouts average natural athletes couldn't even complete. And if they did, they'd be completely fucked for a week.

That's not stating how powerful the athletes are.

That's saying how horrifyingly huge the advantage that steroids gives you is.

Get it?

Is ernie the one who squats over 1000 lbs regularly or is that eric? Also deadlifts 800+ lbs on the reg. Hows Blain sumners health?

>daily reminder that you WILL fuck yourself up with consistently heavy squats and deads, no matter what your form is. the human body is not designed to handle the load

this is what manlet losers with tiny penises tell themselves while they perform mental gymnastics as to convince themselves that heavy lifting is bad as opposed to facing the reality that they are simply a weak, impotent, chicken shit coward.

come on everybody. let's all point and laugh at this total wuss.

I find cardio and high reps ( 8+) way harder than intensity training .

do you agree with this question, 5 reps is pushing it for deadlifts, Ideally you should be going for 3x3, anything more than that and it's a one way ticket to snap city

>that sucked in gut

Name five professional pro lifters who don't have fucked joints.

GO

Because it's so fucking mindnumbing and gay.

>professional pro lifters

same premise as 'greasing the groove' for pullups
it works, to get you better at those specific lifts
won't necessarily make you stronger though, just have more endurance for those lifts..
which if you do it right, can be paired with strength training to increase 1rm/3rm/whatever

Oh look, the goalposts moved

wtf he has calves behind his thighs.

You're taking someone who has literally squatted 2000lbs and act as if that's the norm.

It's another

>People who have lifted not even for two years tell you how heavy squats and deadlifts won't injure you long term

thread. Every "powerlifter" I know I'm their late twenties is fat and broken-bodied. Some can't even reach up for something above them without pain.

It makes you both better at the lifts AND stronger at the same time.

>which if you do it right, can be paired with strength training to increase 1rm/3rm/whatever

Lol. Sheiko begins at your last meet and ends at your current one. Your 1RM is all that matters in Sheiko.

>it's another I'm too unathletic to be able to do the two most natural human movements and so that means everyone else is

I don't get your pic OP. Are you saying the black guy became white or what?

Nurbret lifted heavy as fuck thought. Also zane did a powerlifting meet

Back in the day they had lifting and posing in the same event. My coach still promotes a meet that has a posedown at the end. Sad that you don't see it much anymore.

> Its a "man literally pushing the limits of human strength has injuries after making history for our species" episode

>lilliebridgejr
it's got to be all those steroids as well

>Posts a guy that that is a statistical anomaly
>Hurr don't lift heavy guys, just sit on the leg press with 1 plate on each side instead

Rich please take your inflatable weights and go, besides I doubt anyone posting on this Manchurian gyroscope enthusiast board is even close to breaching the amount of weight he can push.

I hope you mean 3x5 you SL fag.

Somewhat this.
Bench, OHP and upper body lifts in general are easy as fuck to do 3x5 even with 90% 1RM, only when I started doing 4x10 with 60%1RM, did I start feeling fatigued from them. For squats and deadlifts, 5 reps per set is plenty to fatigue you and judging by my progress enough for muscle development.
>tfw almost became a t-rex

>inferring I don't squat or deadlift

Once I hit 3/4 pl8 in them for reps o stopped caring much about it.

Meanwhile the formerly competing heavyweight powerlifter I know is now stuck deadlifting sub3pl8 in his twenties because his back is all kinds of fucked. Meanwhile I lift for aesthetics, have lifted for a shorter amount of time than him, and I'm fully functional whilst lifting more.

You know you can powerlift while keeping a neutral spine on squats and deadlifts, right?

>>this is what manlet losers with tiny penises tell themselves while they perform mental gymnastics as to convince themselves that heavy lifting is bad
Why do fat people have fucked up joints? because of the weight. Don't delude yourself brainlet. Head over to
>>to learn a bit.

Whats considered heavy? I'm moving up in weight but I do 6-8 reps still.

anything below bodyweight is usually considered not heavy