Is this the most underrated exercise out there?

Is this the most underrated exercise out there?

I can't believe I fell for the "behind the neck press is bad for you" meme for so long. I just did it for the first time after years of lifting and on my first rep I could instantly feel a level of shoulder recruitment that far surpassed anything I've done before. It's also amazing for the upper back muscles, and can even be used as a rehab exercise with lighter weight.

To you guys who discourage people from doing it: Just what the fuck is your problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8
youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

h

it will fuck up your shoulder, why risking it?
if your shoulder is fucked, its fucked for good.

its a risk/reward thing, if you REALLY believe its worth the risk than go fucking do it.

>it will fuck up your shoulder

Explain why. Back up your assertions or get the heck out of my thread.

how much do you ohp, tell me.

Hurts my shoulders with even just the bar, and I can strict press 195. Just not worth it.

>Underrated

I would say that chin ups/pull ups are the most underrated exercise that exists. If you could only do one exercise this is the one that would hit most of the body parts necessary for an aesthetic physique, not to mention the functional strength crossover.

full hanging leg raises, forearms and core are the most functional muscles yet no one trains them

Which is why I have one of these and a wrist roller

Not OP but I am curious to know how exactly behind the neck presses are dangerous. I'm around 150 lbs body weight and OHP 115 lbs for 5

Been lifting for three years. If I could go back and do some lifts that I've only recently learned about in the beginning, they'd be -
Reverse Curls
Farmer's Walks
Weighted Decline Situps
Face Pulls

>Face Pulls
Seconding this. God-tier exercise for overall shoulder health. Redpill me on farmer's walks?

Great for forearm strength. Especially when you lunge with them.

How do you do face pulls? Do you do staggered stance or lean back? Elbows up or elbows down?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3r2lytys8
it puts your shoulder into an impingement position

Why reverse curls? I tried them but it gives me prettybad wrist pain at any weight that actually feels like a work out.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY

>what is scapula retraction

Zercher head bob chicken walk and overhead deadlifts

weightlifting in general makes your dick smaller.

Depends on clavicle and arm length. Shorter arms and longer clavicles increase the rom. Adjust your stopping point accordingly to avoid impingement of the supraspinatus.

It's really good, but requires care. People fuck it up because they think that they can do the same weight behind the neck as they can in a standard shoulder press. It's a great stretch and a great pump.

most people dont have the mobility prerequisites to do the exercise.

watch olympic lifters do it, and ur bullshit "its bad for you" comments are btfo