/plg/ Powerlifting General

Thread dedicated to the SPORT OF POWERLIFTING!

powerliftinggeneral.com/

>bench press edition

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176C50p67VaRiFYuDqGctTVRbgXcvejVea4GrZDg4RmA/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/197wVbzGyE5MWvP1KB4u6rsJX30uAmgeVxJvTV74sVc8/
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLSHl5UWt2Z09LVE0/view?ths=true
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YbmVOCBKbY8bDOVjO5lNThwKOkthaHi1sX0o6PsixJc/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BWu8oSQ9htB91Yjo6pP5XX8qrk-mbUNax_rvEcEf4H8/
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLYkVmb3prYWt1OWM/view?ths=true
youtube.com/watch?v=KMZcZS2UhPg
youtube.com/watch?v=9nRiY-aSJsE
canditotraininghq.com/free-programs/
youtube.com/watch?v=dLm5_kjuBmY
howmuchyabench.net/shop/cuffssleeves/shin-savers/
youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SHEIKO & DIETMAR PROGRAMS

Sheiko Programs:

>Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/

>Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/

>Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/

>Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/

>Advanced Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NUdKocJ2GnpjFXei-N_doL7NM6aT-LwulkS8LQwGEk/

>Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/

>Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/

Dietmar Programs (translated by c’’,)):

>New to competitions:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176C50p67VaRiFYuDqGctTVRbgXcvejVea4GrZDg4RmA/

>Veteran competitive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/197wVbzGyE5MWvP1KB4u6rsJX30uAmgeVxJvTV74sVc8/

>Guide for competitive programs:
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLSHl5UWt2Z09LVE0/view?ths=true

>Volume program:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YbmVOCBKbY8bDOVjO5lNThwKOkthaHi1sX0o6PsixJc/

>Volume program: (by Haugen)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BWu8oSQ9htB91Yjo6pP5XX8qrk-mbUNax_rvEcEf4H8/

>Guide for volume program:
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzE9F9Z7GkwLYkVmb3prYWt1OWM/view?ths=true

I have personally had sheiko coaching me for a long time

trappy and I argued that someone who has lifted, especially to an advanced level, will be better than someone who just reads and has never done it to a novice level (only a few times)/

So I actually emailed Boris asking him
"I have a colleague that claims you have never lifted, or that touching a barbell is not required to teach, what do you have to say about that?"

then I gave him several paragraphs explaining how I regard him as the best and to not be upset because I asked and cried myself to sleep after sendign the email

>took time off benching (10 months) to focus on pressing
>Did it with crap programming
>tried again yesterday
>can still do 120kg 1RM
Was without a meme arch as well. Lol at you cuties.

What is the superior type of notebook for recording lifts?

Larger A5 with week to page or a small flip A6 reporters notebook with a day on each page?

I'm automatically trying to decide

Autistically*

just scribble shit in the margins of your sheiko sheet and shove it in a duo-tang you've decorated with glitter glue.

I use A4 planners, 4 days (one week) per page with margins in which I scribble shit down such as minor injuries, form cues I learn, explanations for poor lifts etc

But I have a home gym so I can pen this shit down without looking like I'm an author trying to fit in gym time

>not using the mobile phone

post your feet

is c6w even good for deadlifts? I feel like mine doesn't go up the whole 6 weeks, squat is doing fine though

>almost failed last set of first round of squats
Rip

youtube.com/watch?v=KMZcZS2UhPg

youtube.com/watch?v=9nRiY-aSJsE

I feel like it works great for me but I divided it for more sets same reps

eg. 3x6 is 6x3 for me

You aren't a benchlet, you are a totalet

>powerlifting
>sport

when will this meme end

You are a roidlet

I ran Sheiko for 3 cycles and made no gains :(

Ran Candito for 5 weeks and made gains on everything hitting life time PR.

Fantastic, a new plg with every retarded thing trappy likes about powerlifting. Retarded programs, coaches that don't powerlift, and Japanese twinks as the pinnacle of bench press technique.

am I wrong or is that only 27.5kg? either way he;'s right you're in no position to be giving advice like you're a respected authority. Reading powerlifting and bodybuilding forums isn't going to give you a grasp of how the nuances work. you're saying you're giving a neutral pov but from everythingyou post you just give your opinions, whether they're opinions backed up by "sources" or not is irrelevant because which source you're using is still your opinion only. Why post your opinion based on someone else's opinion instead of just letting someone give their first-hand experience?

Not to be too personal but let's get serious here, you're a NEET who's really not in top mental condition right now. It's nice you want to help others but maybe you need to help yourself first, and making yourself feel important by helping anonymous novice weight lifters on the internet isn't going to improve your life. 5 years from now you'll realise this yourself anyway.

>lmao @ your life, why do you even come back here
I agree but don't you see the irony here?

also I'm not the user who brought up your early ops but it's pretty clear others see what I'm talking about

>I'm only doing it to strictly avoid dog/I'm depressed/elliott smith threads and keep the OP about powerlifting
If you set a simple template for OP most people will follow your lead, this again goes back to what I was saying earlier. This funnily enough sounds like that user greentexting your "attention whoring" earlier, you really are like 0 that just read over what you just posted.

I'm honestly trying to help you earlier you're putting too much value in the internet.

Either way your posts here are very useful for newbies, not saying your help isn't appreciated.

Oh bby, you're so new.
Seems like you have a cute little fanfic of me in your head, about who this trappy character is and what she does.

Please tell me more about it, I'd love to hear it.

Will you stop making new threads 20 posts early just to satisfy your sheiko-autism?

I really hope you find a new source of happiness because this won't last

She doesn't lift weights, we know that

His post was spot on, brah

nice butthurt tho

>implying anyone needs to know you to know you're fucked in the head

>is a trans
>posts on Veeky Forums all day helping people to feel important

No butthurt, I'm genuinely interested in his story.
It's just really funny and interesting to me to hear what people seem to imagine about trappy.

Don't worry I don't get my happiness fix from Veeky Forums.

>pretends to be trans
>is really a Brazilian slumrat

Trap, você é brasileiro (a) correto? Aonde posso praticar esse esporte na locomotiva?

>na locomotiva

What? Are you using google translate or something?

That's how retarded channers call São Paulo.

which program did you run? the linear one?

also is Candito kill?
I miss the midged

He's just trolling.

how many eggs you eaten today lads? 8 here

i did 120kilo deadlifts today! Hooray for me =)

whot the fug

i dont believe you

>tfw no eggs since last night's night egg

trip on lith

Candito 6 week strength program

canditotraininghq.com/free-programs/

Lol no im not, lifts have gone up great because you actually push yourself every workout and the volume+weight builds up each week to prep for the max reps in week 5.

Benched my previous 1 for 3 reps today, during Sheiko i never really improved just handled the volume which never even felt hard since its like 80% for 3 reps.

With RDLs should I go until I feel a stretch, or until my back angle is nearly parallel to the floor? Because if I do the former my range of motion is pathetic, whereas if I do the latter I lose tension in my hamstrings.

As far down as you can without losing the arch in your back is what i always thought was correct.

Without unlocking or just slightly unlocking your knees of course. Otherwise you could go all the way down and i'd just be a deadlift.

youtube.com/watch?v=dLm5_kjuBmY

ooh im making a very dense and strong odor fecal waste dump right now

>allcapping in a formal email
wew lad

autismo has no bounds.

Sure, sure.

unblock me (:

Would you have given white or red lights to this lift?

Repostan

what do you guys wear when deadlifting to prevent it turning 'callused' over time? my legs arent bleeding or anything but i just want nice smooth legs, should i just wear pants or buy some long socks, will any socks do or just i just buy into deadlift socks?

And when the fuck should one use a belt and knee wraps? no one ever seems to give a solid answer.

reds

t. american

Reds. Freeze at 0:06

Belt is to be used whenever. Wraps are to be used when you want to do equipped, sleeves are for whenever.

If you pull sumo, your shins gon get fucked, nothing you can do. If you pull conventional you should be less likely to do that with socks on. Mark Bell is also coming out with some specific shin guards for deadlifting: howmuchyabench.net/shop/cuffssleeves/shin-savers/

>completely against sbd
>loves mark bells shit

White. Why is there something that would justify a red light? I am a noob.

Fine, fine.
Don't do it again.

Well yeah, for us it's pretty clearly off the bench.

But if it's so clear... why didn't the refs red light it? I mean, they aren't blind.

It's probably still touching the bench from their angle of viewing.

Your butt can't come off the bench.

Are you not wearing long socks or long trousers while deadlifting? You dirty bastard.

"We don't want your DNA on the barbell." - Mark Rippetoe

I wear long football (soccer) socks and still cut my shins up btw, but they help a little nonetheless.

Has trappy finally lost it?

I know that but you can't really see in the vid if his butt touches the bench.

Would give it a red from the perspective given but no way to know for sure

Wraps are not "equipped". And sumo doesn't fuck your shins anymore than conventional. Trips need to stop answering questions, just post your videos and talk amongst yourselves.

Knee wraps are most definitly equipped. Sumo fucks shins up more because you pull the knurling along the shins and not the smooth part of the bar like in conventional. Both statements are true and you're a faggot.

>Wraps are not "equipped"
well they sure as fuck arent classic

Yeah. I know, I'm a hypocrite, but I just love my slanger so much.

>But if it's so clear... why didn't the refs red light it? I mean, they aren't blind.

Yeah, the angle isn't ideal. This is also why we DON'T CHALK OUR BUTT at meets, lads. The refs see that white, and they just assume yer butt's up.

>Wraps are not "equipped". And sumo doesn't fuck your shins anymore than conventional.

Knee wraps are equipped in the IPF, and that is the perspective from which I'm answering. Sumo scrapes your shins because you will have the knurling running up your shins, and not the smooth of the bar, as in conventional.

I appreciate that you're trying to incte some responses tho.

trappy, help me fill out this program plz, currently have DB lunges and hip bridges on heavy lower bod day. Also looking at this webm do you guys do the valsalva maneuver every rep on your bench or just bench quickly with no hesitation?

You think that kid is using a deadlift bar, or anybody else around here? What if he has a sumo deadlift bar? Classic raw is classic raw, faggot, but you've never competed right??

>but I just love my slanger so much.
yeah ive nothing against mark bell and have a slingshot myself, just never got your shit talking sbd so much

And fuck the ipf. You guys need to stop assuming that anyone in America follows that bs.

Crooked spin can't come to rest
I'm damaged bad at best
She'll decide what she wants
I'll probably be the last to know
No one says it 'til it shows

5 lines
29 words
110 characters

Have never meant so much to me

I feel bad for anyone who isn't impacted by the beauty of this verse

>in America
in that case you would need to stop assuming everyone is from america
bit hypocritical for someone that wants people to stop assuming

>Crooked spin can't come to rest
I imagine he is referring to his childhood and how he was abused by his step dad and how he can never get over it / come to terms with it
>I'm damaged, bad at best
I imagine this is the realisation of his problems, his mental health, he knows it's bad, but what can he do? He has to live with it. It is him who is damaged.
>She'll decide what she wants
I imagine this is the attitude he adopted after being absused and manipulated. He no longer fights his oppressors, he accepts them.
>I'll probably be the last to know
I imagine this is a reflection on his neglect, isolation, depression and solitude. He feels left out, doesn't fit in, like a missing piece of a jig saw.
>No one says it 'til it shows
I imagine this a commentary on how nobody comes to his help until it's too late, until the damage is done and help is obviously needed.
Like an ambulance arriving to the scene of a dead body. It's too late to save him.

Fuck his music is amazing.

Will Mike ever be relevant again?

No, that's what Americans do.

What sheiko program should I do if my maxes are around 2.5/4/5?

Also flies hurt the shit out of my shoulder, what do for "chest muscles"

He never was. Raw lifters burn out so fast.

and thats what ipfers do
deal with it

Fuck no lol he was neve that good to begin with fucking faggot not to mention he's stupid and a meme
pushups

I'm a 210lbs man but I've decided I want to look like trappy

How do I reverse years of lifting

I don't have to deal with anything. I lift unlimited. I lift free.

Move to Brazil. They accommodate that sort of thing.

>What sheiko program should I do if my maxes are around 2.5/4/5?

What's your bodyweight?

And you can do whatever. Have you tried cable crossovers?

cypro/spiro

It's recommended to get a new breath for every rep, but if you know what you're doing you can hold the same breath for multiple reps if you want.

As for the program, just chose whatever accessories you like doing. If you don't know which you like, then try all of them before settling for a fixed routine.

>DON'T CHALK OUR BUTT at meets, lads

Good tip.

>What's your bodyweight?
fat, 200 lbs

do you guys just use belts all the time on working sets? seems like you are too dependent on it then right?

STOP

Belt cues your setup and depth.

How to bulldog grip? Ive seen the pictures but im to smart too understand...

Do I turn my hand in, like internal rotation?

Is that like 90kg? Then go with the intermediate medium load.
If you wanna train 4 days per week, then add the fourth day of the advanced large load to the intermediate medium load spreadsheet.

Pic.
And yes your shoulder should be internally rotated.

And btw, if you're not competing, you don't need to do the comp cycle. Just test new maxes after finishing the prep cycle, doing a mock meet where you do 3 attempts on s/b/d.

You can do a mock meet after one, two, or three prep cycles - whichever you prefer.

Ehh, mark bell doesn't sell a $110 singlet. Not a fan of how expensive the Gangsta wraps are. Buying some Titan wraps next anyway.

>America

You need to stop assuming everyone is from America.

>Good tip.

One of the better tips I have ever been given. TY Randy Yee.

I use my belt of topsets of Deadlift, all sets of squat, and all bench sets (although I don't really think it benefits bench too much, just more of a comfy thing). I prefer to use my belt on all squat sets and squat variations, because a weakness of mine is "filling the belt". Remember that using a belt is in and of itself a difficult skill.

>Marcel

It hurts too much

I setup by making a triangle salute to my illuminati overlords, then rotating my hands out until it sits where I need it.

Ree give me clear instructions I swear I don't have autism

You can rotate your hand 2 ways, the first way is rotating out, making a thumbs up and "hooking" your thumb against the bar. Bulldog grip is rotating it the opposite way, right?

>mark bell doesn't sell a $110 singlet
not now that he wont get it approved, next time around tho i would say its likely

also
sbd sleeves cheaper
sbd wraps cheaper
strong belt only slightly cheaper for just being a standard prong belt

Literally look at the pic

Is there a video
I have a learning disabuliry

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
He teaches in the video at 1:53

Ok so its like turning a doorknob clockwise with your left hand and countercockwise with you're right??