What do you guys reckon the best is to eliminate Obesity?

What do you guys reckon the best is to eliminate Obesity?

I reckon all foods should be marked with their exact calorie content- that way people could easily count calories and see they're going over the RDA

Nuke America

We're not even number one on the obesity list

That's right. Thanks, Mississippi!

Better education
Less cutting of funding for public sports centres
Ban on advertising junk food
An end to food lobbyists

We're not even in the top 10

also bring back recess, mandatory gym classes, height and weight measurements taken in front of all your peers.

Make obesity illegal.

If you're fat, you pay a fat tax, because if you're fat you can afford to buy excessive food.

Also child obesity should be illegal, parents should be put in jail for making their kids fat.

Basics of nutrition should be covered in HS.

End food lobbysts.

I know. Fuckin' fatass samoans man

Congrats you fat piece of shit, you are slightly less fat than some other fats.

>tfw my state everything is required to be labeled
seriously even restaurants where I live are required by law to post nutrition information

I thought all of those were required already?

My state is one of the healthiest in the nation. Couldn't give a fuck about any other part of the US desu senpai. The south drags us down.

>bring back recess, mandatory gym classes
That isn't a thing in the states?

No it's seen as literally communism

Mines ranked second and honestly all I see anywhere is fat asses, so he's not wrong it does literally mean we're less fat that a bunch of fat asses

Do as the Japanese do, and outlaw it.

tfw 1st post is also best post

Here's the real fucking answer

It's out of our hands

Climate change = loss of Arctic = massively increased seasonal variance = worldwide crop shortages

Nuclear and renewables can't replace fossil fuels, we won't be able to use tractors or the Haber Bosch process as much

It will begin to happen this year as shit tier countries begin to fail, already happening in like Yemen/Venezuela

First world will feel the crunch within the decade, 2030 at the latest

Get fit now because you'll either be a manual farmer or a soldier, if you're lucky

dubs of truth, especially:

>An end to food lobbyists

The fundamental problem in America is that there are way too many incentives and avenues to sell bad food.

>corn subsidies
>wheat subsidies

Corn and wheat are therefore dirt cheap, so food manufacturers load their products with high fructose corn syrup, and shit-tier wheat and corn based foods are extremely cheap compared to more nutritious alternatives.

I do agree that the way junk food is advertised is harmful, and that education needs to be better. But I see these things as effects that are "downstream" from the fundamental cause, Big Agra/Big Soda/etc related corruption in congress. I mean, have a look at the USDA food pyramid - that is toxic bullshit straight from the anus of the agricultural industry.

I see a good few, but nothing insane. Probably like 1 out of every 15 people at the grocery store is a fat ass. I see that as pretty normal for any first world country now.

lmao that's not true
>Japan requires citizens between the ages of 45 and 74 to have their waistlines measured once a year and potentially seek medical attention.

To be fair though, in the poor urban and rural areas it's like 1 in 3. But that goes with the lack of education.

A form of nanotechnology that incapacitates your jaw and swallowing reflex if you have gone over the calories you set for yourself that day

End moral degradation

Hell yeah.

Easier access to ipecac syrup and other emetics. Encourage bulimia. Get rid of the concept of anorexia. It's what you're supposed to do to look aesthetic

**BBBBRRRRRRAAAAAAPPP**

It's been mostly phased out in the past 30 years.

How does mandatory gym class get phased out? Or do you mean phased out throughout the US

Yeah, even phased out basic nutrition while they phased in shitting fast food and snack/soda machines in the schools

Have to turn them into addicts and make them see it as ubiquitous and normal early don't you know.

Tax obesity, use that as additional social security funding.

First recesses were shortened and then removed altogether in many places, then mandatory gym classes were curtailed to the point where the kids barely exercise. Not to mention the cafeteria food is all provided by Chartwells fastfood corporation that also provides food to all of our prisons.

>the apocalypse will happen in your lifetime

It's a weird feel man

Shoutouts to Guy Macpherson

So the kids have to sit indoors all day until school is over? Seems like child abuse to me. Also is this why they put so many kids on drugs?
>remove recess
>kids have a lot of energy they can't get rid of because no recess
>teachers call kids hyperactive
>gets put on drugs
Or am i wrong?

stop this meat is bad meme

stop telling people to eat grains, its food for birds

stop telling people fat is evil

stop telling people to eat all day everyday, 6 meals is retarded

Any kid with behavioral problems that gets referred by the school to a psychiatric is usually put on drugs without much hesitation yes. I knew many kids on adderall/zoloft/prozac/xanax in high school

Where did our civilization go so wrong?

>behavioral problems
But is it really a behavioral problem, or is it just normal child behavior? I don't know what these kids are like but it seems like putting kids on drugs is an American thing. I remember watching a news report in Sweden talking about how kids performed better in class when they got to exercise first.

>Look up OP's picture
>Cute blonde it seems
>wait what is this
>it's a blonde nigger
>uninstall firefox
>delete system32
>reformat disk

Normal child behavior.
Lot of media and academia demonizes children and even normal emotions and redirects it towards pills psychology fast food etc etc.

It's really big business.

It's also why the HAES movement and Transtrenders are so "popular".
Create entire subsections of society that will become permanent consumers and streams of revenue.
Duh.

You don't, if people are fat that's their problem and not your obligation to fix

I don't want my taxes funding their healthcare
I don't want my government regulating exercise and food industries

Great advancement in healthcare and nutrition comes from the private sector realizing a consumer interest in fitness

We already pay for the obese
And none of those great advancements help the average person.
As a matter of fact basic fucking nutrition, simple exercise plans and stretching will put billions of dollars back in the pockets of the average tax payer and prevent dozens of preventable diseases.

>I reckon all foods should be marked with their exact calorie content

Like.. aren't they already?

More separation of big business and government.

Most countries have laws for this but america and the UK and mexico don't and are 3 of the most obese countries on the planet.

In short, the more big sugar, big oil, big grain and big meat get their hooks in government and thus advertising, subsidy etc, the more they can shovel their cheap nasty processed shit down the throats of the willing masses.

That and more sponsorship and education of exercise and ANYTHING that involves being out doors. The most depressed countries in the world are also the ones that work and live in doors more than anywhere else.

The great irony is we think we're great because we're first world countries when the stats show the happiest countries in the world are where they're outdoors often and there's equality and lack of corruption.

Northern Europe got it right.

I know we do provide welfare, I'm saying we shouldn't

they are a guess of how much they should be, but there is not an exact amount and can even be inaccurate up to 300 kcal

>I reckon all foods should be marked with their exact calorie content- that way people could easily count calories and see they're going over the RDA
They're already pretty well marked. Fatties just eat additional servings, if they read the nutrition at all.

I'm pro mandatory physical education and a fat tax on anyone who's diagnosed as clinically obese.
>Build a new Gymnasium!
>And I'm going to make the fatties pay for it!

Iirc, Illinois is the only one with mandadory PE. And stuff like Bowling can count as your Physical Education requirement.