Why do you lift?

Why do you lift?

I lift because I hate myself and I hate my body. The pain feels good and I feel deserving of living after experiencing such hardship. If I don't lift I start to hate myself even more and I feel incomplete, as if I don't belong on this world.

I lift because its fun if you make it fun.

>pic related.
I did this a few days ago
I don't know anyone who do this and deadlift as much as me (550lbs)

At least if I feel sore I feel something.
I also want to look so good that random women will approach me during the summer
>already at the level girls cat call and girls tell me their friends are checking me out and they giggle and tell them to shut up

Height and weight?

Probably mostly due to deep-seated emotional issues for which I have few outlets

because my boyfriend keeps looking at girls with round butts

i want a fucking girlfriend

Because it's fun at this point.
Not deluded enough to believe lifting will fix my autism or get me a girlfriend.

These

No wonder the lifting community is so fucking odd, there are so many weird reasons in these threads

Sane, well-adjusted and socially stable guy lifting just to improve his looks (clothed and naked) reporting in
I also think lifting for fun is cool.
I don't mean that other reasons are invalid, but maybe you should reevaluate your life choices that led you to that decision...

I lift because I feel like a child. I have been fat all my life, finally got to healthy bmi and now want abs.

Even now I am treated like a child, probably because my attitude towards most things is outwardly childish but only to keep up a facade of happiness to my friends and family.

Inside I struggle with self acceptance and depression every day (diagnosed when I went for therapy). I dont feel like I deserve to do or be anything and lifting helps take away that feeling.

You would never ever know I was depressed or so fucked if you met me, you'd see a guy who looks young for his age (look 17 at 21), looks built but acts and says retarded things.

I know most of the things I say are retarded, but I blurt those out so my actual feelings dont leak out.

Because I want my body to be a testament of my self respect and determination. It lets people know I am an intense person who takes life very seriously.

You need to keep in mind that you're still on Veeky Forums. A lot of people on Veeky Forums, myself included, started lifting because they're depressed, have zero self confidence or direction in their life and lifting helped with that a lot.

I want to impress a girl.

Its one of the few things that can take my mind off of how much I hate myself.

I lift to not be a femme looking bitch boy. But so far I just look like a fit bitch boy.

Late as fuck reply.
86kg 5'10

Lifting helped me combat depression and self esteem issues.

Once you get past that >le red pill phase, life gets pretty good and you learn to become a truly better person.

Had surgery and couldn't lift for two weeks. Got depressed again. Today, they'll pull the strings out and I can finally get back to lifting.

I lift for beach

I lift to not look like a beta cuck

Because I want to die and I'm too pussy to do it. I get to escape my thoughts while I'm working out. I run 5 miles a day & lift until I can't push the weight around. The pain and the calluses feel right

I lift for Jesus

started lifting 6 years ago because i was weak as fuck and had pipecleaner arms

somehow that turned into lifting for strength mainly

now i lift for fun, and because i'm institutionalized to lifting and can't go without it

>get gorgeous gf somehow
>she's perfect, cross country star, smart, loves to cook and clean, loves my family, wants to be a pharmacist and make tons of money
>loves me unconditionally.
>When I have a shit day, she drives straight to my place and cheers me up
>date for three years
>my entire life I've eaten whatever, played vidya for hours a day
>chubby and hate myself but too lazy to change
>two months ago she grabs my man tit
>she looks me in the eyes and says "You need to lose some of this. For me"
>download mfp that night
>throw my junk food in the trash and dump out my whiskey
>the next week start getting up at 6 am and lifting

I would do anything for this woman Veeky Forums. We're getting married next summer and if the only thing she asks of me in 3 years is that I get fit, then I'm going all in. She's a solid 9/10, and right now I'm probably a 5. I don't want her to be embarrassed by my body any more.

I lift because i dont take life that serious...you have nothing to lose...

I lift cuz its the only thing that brings me joy.
Before a workout.
>gettin' hyped
>thinkin' about the pump
>feeling like will fuck shit up

After
>Feel badass
>musclefullofblood.jpeg
>happy af
>waiting for the next workout

>The pain feels good and I feel deserving of living after experiencing such hardship.

Really? You consider the pain of lifting hardship? Jesus. No wonder you hate yourself.

>crush liked the video where I pulled 440 lbs

I can die a happy man now

Also, I lift because it's fun and it makes me feel good