How can you be a Christian but not a Catholic? Makes literally no sense

How can you be a Christian but not a Catholic? Makes literally no sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Marks_of_the_Church
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>He prays to "saints" (which are TOTALLY not just renamed pagan gods, you know)
>He pays some fat pedophile with a funny hat so he can have his sins forgiven

>the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ
>the Catholic Church has not changed since its establishment
>the Catholic Church is older than other churches so its teachings must be 100% correct
>the age of the church you belong to matters more than correct theology
>you will suffer eternal damnation unless you belong to the One True Church™
>pagan and unbiblical beliefs/practices become acceptable after a certain amount of time has passed

I suppose it's the oppulence of Catholicism that puts me off. They seem more concerned with temporal reverence than spiritual matters. The grandiosity of their churches and veneration of the pope as a man with spiritual power seems to contradict the teachings of the humility in the gosples. I believe that no man has spiritual power greater than another and that forgiveness can only be attained through God directly

Why would you be a christian in the first place? It's dumb as shit to believe that some chump rose from the dead and in addition to that the christian religion isn't anywhere near as cool as euro-polytheist faiths are.

What about the Orthodox or the various Dyophysite and miaphysite churches like the Ethiopians or the Armenians? Their claims of ancestry stretch back just as far

They're literally not. They are real people who led pure and examplary Christian lives.

>He pays some fat pedophile with a funny hat so he can have his sins forgiven
This is literally not true.

It was
It did
Catholic Church and Eastern Orthodox are the only churches with any hint of legitimacy and their doctrines, while differing, are still in concordance with Church fathers and Traditions since beginning of Christianity
>protestant theology
>relevant
It's up to God's judgement but it's more probable than not
Pagan cultural artifacts doesn't change one iota teachings and reverence given to God
>unbiblical beliefs
>muh sola scriptura
Reminder that since beginning of Christianity Holy Tradition was important cornerstone of teaching. Since times of Apostles Tradition was important guide as is evidenced by 2 Thess. 2:15. Sola Scriptura ironically has no scriptural or historical basis and is a fan fiction by Luther, which might be inspired by... Quran. No literally.

In short
>the absolute state of American "christians"

Christianity's purpose is not to seem 'cool', it's a religion centred around the reverence and worship of our lord Christ. The important aspects involve following the teachings of Christ and the apostles so that one may live a wholesome life and attain heaven upon death. It is perfectly acceptable to have varying opinions and views of the tenets of Christianity, however it's the core belief in Christ that keeps Christians together and remember regardless of faith, creed or race, God loves all equally. There is no hell for this reason.

That's nice(seriously, not being sarcastic or anything) dude, but I still don't consider it to be believable.

Show me where Jesus talks about bishops, cathedrals, liturgies, cardinals, etc etc etc.

I agree that belief in God is illogical, however it wouldn't be called faith if it were otherwise. Scientifically you could argue that in a multiverse of infinite possibility brought about by the Copenhagen interpretation of particle interaction, the existence of God is a probabilistic certainty. If a universe's laws are governed by the conditions from which it was formed via the decay of 11-dimensional inflaton particles, then it is an eventuality that there is a being in a universe that has complete control over the laws of physics. Even if thou art faithless, consider the teachings of the Bible, take heart the words of the gospels and live a life of modest civility. As I said, regardless of faith, all may attain heaven.

Why exactly would he talk about that

>bishops
It grew from episkopos, that is elder/overseer, as Church grew in numbers there was a distinction made between priest (presbiter) and episkopos (bishop.It's continuation of practice of Apostles. Look into Apostolic Succesion.

>liturgies
Literally Last Supper + Apostolic traditions

Also
Matt 16:16-19
Matt 28:20

If anything the Pope isn't venerated enough. It's faggots like you that caused the Second Vatican Council.

While the pope may have authority over religious teachings, i don't believe he has spiritual power greater than that of you and I

>>some nice sounding sentiments combined with an appeal to nobody knowing precisely what happened before the big bang.
Yeah no thanks. I'll take booze and pussy instead, and if I ever start wanting a religion I'll look for one that is more amenable to what I'm interested in.

>they’re literally not.
Aphrodite, for example, was canonized as a repentant whore
>this is literally not true.
Have you seriously never heard of indulgences?

Because I reject all of the stupid Paulian Churches, as they introduce all sorts of ridiculous trash that isn't from Jesus.

>just renamed pagan god
Jesus himself, and thus the whole of Christianity, is also just rehashed pagan myths, you know.

Are you in any divinity school by any chance?

>paying so you can have your sins forgiven
It's not 1567 anymore, my protest*nt friend.

So according to you, oriental orthodox are just as valid as if not moreso than catholicism due to the fact that they come at the same time and established organized church before rome.

Orthodoxy > Catholicism
Protestants to Catholics is what Catholics are to Orthodox

Becomes memes are hard to kill.
Especially when theyre taylored to the racial/national tendencies of their hosts.

If he loved us so much he wouldnt have sperged out and flooded our shit then threatened our souls with hell just couse some guy ate an apple. Shit is fucking wack.

"I build my church on this rock" or some such shit. Referring to his disciples who are then succeeded by their students and so on. the episcopal succession combined with the core belief in jesus son of god is the christian faith. Everything else is just denomenations and heresy.

Degenerate fuck. That was maybe the only acceptable form of christianity I've happened upon and you shit on him.
Its this behaviour that pushes them towards further delusion.

Like the bible.

Zeitgeist is bullshit. However, the Marianic cult arose to replace European fertility goddesses. Earliest Jew Christians didn't venerate Mary and would be baffled by someone building statues to her and praying to her.

Yes, most of the Paulian bible is contemptible and should not be used.

Gentile Christians in the early church did not venerate Mary either and it was only after Constantine that the practice took off. The Marian cult is a continuation of "divine feminine" idolatry that is universally found in pagan religions throughout the world and popery itself is nothing more than the Roman imperial cult rebranded. It is a fact that the title "Pontifex Maximus" means "great priest" and originally referred to the head of the college of pontiffs for the imperial cult and "Pope" itself means "father." Papists forget that there is but ONE "great priest"' and His name is the LORD Jesus Christ (Heb 4:14) and He explicitly commanded His disciples to "call no man father" (Mt 23:9). Popery is a quintessential example of Satan masquerading as an angel of light (2 Cor 11:14) and it is my solemn prayer that all those who have been lead astray by this damnable heresy will repent of their idolatry.

Pauline*

t. Judaizer

Indulgences ended centuries ago and the only reason they existed is Black Death which almost bankrupted the Church

>Aphrodite
doubt.jpg
Gimme source

By doing what is necessary to be a born again Christian on his way to heaven, but not doing the nonsense required to become a member of thee Whore of Babylon.

this. Focusing on protestants is stupid for the thread's aim.

Sorry but I'd rather follow a 2000 year old traditional Catholic teaching than a 50 year old teaching your pastor made up in his basement.

Following the tradition of idolatry leads all Catholics to hell,no exception

Tell me where Catholicism is mentioned as a requirement in the Bible, and Ill stop thinking youre just shitposting and have a real discussion.

>whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

>there was no arguments about doctrines in catholic church
>the church did not oppress every idea that they thought heresy

this so much Protestantism is a mental illness

>the absolute state of American "christians"
I thought it was commonly known that american "christians" have basically nothing to do with protestantism and are literally just insane, but in a funny way.

>Jesus Christ founds the Catholic Church
*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAA

>Gentile Christians in the early church did not venerate Mary either and it was only after Constantine that the practice took off.
It was Constantine who made Orthodox Christianity to begin with. Before him there were hundreds of sects which historians call "Christian" (eusebius list at least 80) many of which did indeed venerate Mary/Sophia. If not all of them. You are essentially saying before Christianity existed (remember biblical canon was put together by Constantine) Christians did X, which is stupid.

I actually wasn't trying to shit on him. That said, your use of the degeneracy buzzword tells me all I need to know about you, so you can just fuck off.

Heh, fair enough.

>I suppose it's the oppulence of Catholicism that puts me off. They seem more concerned with temporal reverence than spiritual matters.
Look up the exchange between Judas and Christ when the woman perfumed Jesus' feet. Catholic Cathedrals are attractions. They raise money from pilgrims and spend it on feeding the poor.

>The grandiosity of their churches and veneration of the pope as a man with spiritual power seems to contradict the teachings of the humility in the gosples.
Christ gave the Apostles spiritual powers.

>I believe that no man has spiritual power greater than another
You've obviously never read the Bible.

>and that forgiveness can only be attained through God directly
Jesus order Christians to confess their sins to and pray for one another. James 5:16

Catholics aren't Christians, so it makes perfect sense.

I mean they're American, that's obvious in itself. But being from one of the most faithful countries to the Faith (still not enough ofc) and hearing Americans repeating and nauseam I'm not a Christian because muh papism muh Catholics are not Christian muh scripture while showing ignorance of Church history and theology is tiresome.

Orthodox anons at least know their stuff.

>criticising a practice described by Origen as traditional
>ORIGEN
see what I mean
Total ignorance, courtesy of La Atrocidad

>money
wew

>Orthodox anons at least know their stuff.

The average Catholic or Eastern Orthodox christian knows just as little about the history of christianity as the average burger christian. Don't kid yourself.

You are all just mentally masturbating each other.

Your pic is very related since I mentioned anons and I wrote it in context of Veeky Forums """""""discussion"""""""

>It was
Jesus died a Jew he never created the catholic church

He said something about rock. And building a CHURCH. Katolikos means universal.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Marks_of_the_Church

Nicely designed pic but
>he follows organised religion
just read the bible lmao

You people are so stupid that it hurts to read