Exercises only you do at your gym

>inb4 squat & deads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bpwnud0o6-A
youtube.com/watch?v=QCmp09NDPCY
youtube.com/watch?v=EdtaJRBqwes
youtu.be/UchKkIe_Wrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I decided to throw my dignity in the trash and start doing barbell hip bridges, what kind of booty gains can i expect?

Good mornings and reverse bench

Curls

Rows. Dunno why but nobody in my gym ever does rows, Ive seen all kind of wacky shit
but never the plain old barbell rows. Some guy actually came up to me once and asked me what they were/what muscles they targeted, said he'd never seen them done before.

Are rows a meme Veeky Forums?

Walking lunges are much better unless you're having a lockout problem with your deadlifts

massive
my own ass gains have made me question my sexuality
>n-no homo

This.

I never see anyone grab some dumbbells and do curls anymore. It's like they're scared of them.

Also, Lat Pull Downs.

GHR.

Bitches don't know why it's a separate station from the back extensions, so they miss out on primo glute gainz while quarter squatting like retards

weighted pullups and weighted dips

with T-bar rows it seems less energy is exerted from trying to maintain the form

well i moved onto canditos program and i get to choose the optional workouts, today i did DB lunges (stationary) and then the hip bridges.

Push Press
Face Pulls

Continental cleans
Tire flips
Pseudo circus db with an oly handle
Trap bar farmers walks

Nice Get, how massive is it? do people notice it or what? and if you are wondering i am a homo so thats why im also doing it.

cable reverse fly or whatever you want to name it
face pulls
rackpulls/static holds
zercher holds
farmers walks
some dumbell press variation

>push press
Is this some brittish shit?

naked lunges

Checked

Face pulls
GHRs

Massive
I had a flat ass. Now i have a Tyson Gay tier

ohp (thanks commercial chain gym)
barbell rows

and on a more surprising note: lateral raises

No, it's an OHP that utilizes the legs.

I feel you on the face pulls though, I've only ever seen one other guy doing them at my gym and he disappeared shortly after.

I've had personal trainers ask if I'm ok or if I've injured myself when I z press

OHP and deadlifts

What muscle group does that exercise work? Rear delts?

Weighted pullups
Weighted dips
Neck bridges

Front squats
Pause squats
Floor press

th-thanks Strong Lifts

dont see any 1 doing stiff leg deadlift or barbel ohp

>that pic
>rip spinal discs

OHP; I do see women doing squats

Weighted handstand push ups

how even?

Same way you do weighted dips, hold a plate between your legs.

Dumbbell Lateral Raise, but I go full ROM. Never see anyone do these.

gravity does not make that seem particularly kind to your family jewels. You must be very assured in the grip strength of your thighs.

barbell flies

But if it falls, it's landing right on your taint

funnily enough Big Z doesn't even do the Z press, he actually usually presses on the smith machine, not even kidding, Veeky Forums btfo

Why?
Is your rotator cuff in tact?

I guess I am injured then. Brain injured.

For some reason I'm the only one that does seated calve raises.

captains chairs, I love them

Neck exercises

Is this how you do it?

where the heck do you guys go to the gym?

maybe i need to start doing weirder shit like jefferson deadlifts

Nah man it's not a meme. Stronglifts and madcow uses them as a staple

>captains chairs

Ow yiss
youtube.com/watch?v=bpwnud0o6-A

Honestly I always thought this was just how you did leg raises. Do people normally do them while hanging from a bar?

Gets rear delts on the raise then front delts on the press. No rotator cuff issues. Did smash my thumb when I brought some 50 pounders down too fast one time. Good lesson in controlling the weight.

No they aren't, bb hip thrusts are absolute number 1 in terms of arse, with glute bridges being 2, and in terms of what it appears to other people

Walking lunges make you look like you have no idea what you're doing. Bb hip thrusts make you look like a fag.

Shame they're both amazing though.

>jefferson deadlifts
I had to google this

It's like a retarded sumo lift.
Fucking hilarious

if you're interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=QCmp09NDPCY

Behind the back deadlifts

gymnastbro here. This exercise is fucking awesome accessory for tumbling

i do a lot of laying down weird angle straight-arm shoulder work for rings / handstands / etc

The transition seems risky for my taste.

>controlling the weight.
That shit really burns your muscles.

oh also i think i'm the only person in my gym that knows how to use the reverse hyper

This. Nobody else does them but me. I get the oddest looks from everyone.
>yes homo

Barbell hip thrusts and calf raises of any sort. Fuck, its like people don't want good calves and juicy hamstrings and glutes.

I go to a pretty small gym run by these Eastern European squatmonsters
Literally no one but me does OHP
It's truly the forgotten lift

>Behind the back deadlifts

you mean hack squats?

youtube.com/watch?v=EdtaJRBqwes

middle and mostly lower trapezius (and other smaller muscles in that area), but probably also the front, lateral and rear delts to some degree.

Back bridges

Cleans. I work out at a uni gym, though.

Hamstrings are hit really well by stiff-legged deadlifts, and you can't grow calves by doing weighted calf raises without putting in an unreasonable amount of time.

What's so great about OHP?
Why should people do it anyway?

For someone just getting into gymnastics, what else is good?

Kek my calves blew up from doing nothing but a couple sets of weighted calf raises. That muscle group is very limited by your genetics it seems

Quints for booty gains.

Did these once with just 65 lbs on the bar. Back hurt for a fucking week. Fuck you, Mehdi.

>blew up
did you mean "went from non-existent to barely visible", or did they actually become big?

because the first can be achieved just by changing foot position a little on the pedals if you bike, and the latter requires a boatload of volume if you don't have good calf genetics.

Most are just used to seated row machine

>Gets rear delts on the raise then front delts on the press.
No, it doesn't.
They're great for traps though.

:( please don't dry hump the weights sir.

>What's so great about OHP?
Are you being serious?

your booty can gain my dick
>no homo

I don't think I've given any indication I'm not serious.
Yes, I am serious.

Arnold press.

It's the best exercise for your shoulders and it's really fun. If you're not doing them then you should.

>fun
They're the least enjoyable basic lift by a large margin

But it's not...
It mainly hits the front delts, the lateral delts about half as much, and the rear delts almost not at all.

I personally find them enjoyable, and they're one of my main exercises, but there are plenty of people who don't like them.

So I'll ask again, why are they a good exercise that people should do?

You go lift those weights and tell me if they're dry.

Turkish get ups

It's one of my favourite lifts. Something about putting something heavy above your head is really fun.
It also works your core a lot and it's the best shoulder exercise for developing strength.

Yeah, it works the core, not a lot though.
There are many exercises that work the core better.
You can get plenty strong shoulders by doing front raises and lateral raises, or incline presses.

Really, what's the appeal besides that some find it enjoyable to do?

ASS GAINS FOR ALL

Reverse Hypers

how much do you even lift for 10 reps? if i squat 2pl8 for 5atg how much should i expect to do?

>You can get plenty strong shoulders by doing front raises and lateral raises
No you fucking can't. What do you think strong means? It's the ability to lift a lot of weight. You think you could lift 70kg+ doing lateral raises? Or you think by doing lower weight raises it could give you the strength to lift a big number ohp?

>not a meme
>stronglifts

Jefferson Deadlift

youtu.be/UchKkIe_Wrk

Hanging leg raises are harder

>What do you think strong means? It's the ability to lift a lot of weight.
That just depends on who you ask.

You could easily measure strength by measuring maximum isokinetic shoulder flexion force output.
That's how physio's quickly test someone's shoulder strength.

And even if you do define strength as the ability to lift a lot of weight, then incline presses would be better.

Still, you could do plenty of front/lateral/rear delt raises, and get big and strong shoulders, which can be used to OHP a lot of weight.
The carryover isn't 100%, but it's major.

ok retard

i don't understand why a bunch of guys look at me whenever i do webm related xD

great retort...

I've seen people doing this shit at the gym a few times and I mostly just think "why" because they're always people who have such weak deadlifts anyways they'd benefit more from just working on the basics instead of doing weird fancy shit they saw someone strong online do.

spider curls
Olympic lifts (mainly on shoulder and or leg day)
farmers walk
and paused squats

Thic