Tl;dr

>tl;dr
Is jogging everyday bad for you?
y/n

I got back to jogging a couple of months ago, went slowly from jogging 15 to 45 minutes per day, six days a week (Monday to Saturday, resting on Sundays). Not having issues so far (no knee pain, muscle soreness, shin splints, etc). I jog at a rather slow and steady pace (~10km/h) covering about 8km everyday.

Like I said, I'm feeling great at the moment, but I've read that I may be pushing my luck by going a bit too hard. IIRC Scooby said in one of his videos that you had to do at least 20 minutes of cardio every single day, but I've also read online that the recommended jogging time is only about 150 minutes per week.

Anyone here have any related experiences to share?

Btw, jogging is the only form of cardio I can do at the moment and I happen to enjoy it a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ydcy3dPf__M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i have been running a lot more since i switched to barefoot shoes and a forefoot strike but i had to rebuild my tolerance to it because my foot and shin muscles got way more sore

yeah you can run a fucking lot if you have good technique, humans have been doing it for thousands of years

enjoy no gains faggot

>i have been running a lot more
how much?
>yeah you can run a fucking lot if you have good technique, humans have been doing it for thousands of years
I agree and that is the reason I focus so much on my form, but I'm terrified of injuries since I suffered from ITBS in the past and I know how painful and frustrating it is.

How much do pros train anyway? I mean, I must not be even close to the human limit, right?

le gains meme

Bumping with Instagram whores

Bump

I need to start jogging since I'm a fat neet

youtu.be/ydcy3dPf__M
Just in case you don't work out, try doing these to minimize the chances of fucking your shit up. I do them I'm by bed before going to sleep. They cured my ITBS in 2 or 3 weeks, I've heard about people who deal with that shit for years.

Couch to 5k worked fine for me when I was a fat neet as well.

been jogging for 3 weeks now.
Sun-Thurs; 4mi run each day.
I am 225lbs (11min/mi), and have yet to feel any sort of discomfort. I do feel sore by the fifth day. So, no jogging is not bad if you run everyday.

But it is okay to skip a day if your body needs it. i'd rather be feeling great while running than feeling like shit.

if that does happen and you still want to get out there; go for a walk or better yet a hike.

best of luck.

Got back from jogging like an hour ago, I said fuck it and kept going for one hour (a little over 5.5 miles).

I'm trying to find my limit, I guess. I'm not planning on running marathons or 10Ks, just genuinely enjoy it and I'm OK with doing it everyday as long as it isn't harmful to me.

Btw my heart rate was about 180bpm by the end. I still remember when my lungs would give up before my legs.

I've been running 3x a week with boxing thrown in a couple times along with lifting

As long as you're getting your calories in I don't see an issue with running every day as long as you ease into it and take a break if you feel too sore.

The app Couch to 10k is a good start.

Care user. You will find your limit when you fuck up.

Just follow a program (c25k, bridge to 10k, or something by hal higdon) and progress slowly. There's no rush and you will shed weight anyway if you control diet.

Best of luck.

If anyone says running is bad they don't know what they are talking about.
I do a 2-3 mile run at about 7:30 per mile almost every day.

Even though you're doing high intensity and daily workouts you're still within the recommended range of time per week.

7.5*3*6 = 135 minutes per week

I'm talking about doing 350-400 minutes of moderate intensity cardio every week with only one rest day. Is it too much for the average runner from a "medical" point of view? I think I can take it but don't know if my body will resent it later.

I think I will keep up with it and hope for the best. Keep doing proper stretching and warming up. I'll try to listen to my body and take a break if I feel like I need it.

If you don't feel like you're about to die you're not pushing your immediate physiological limits. If you can get out of bed the next morning without feeling like something is wrong with one or more of your joints you're not pushing your structural limits.

These are crude guidelines, but I've been a competitive runner for over a decade and I use them as (essentially) my basis for deciding whether or not I need to tone it down. I've had great success as a competitive runner and no detrimental effects.

In all honesty though, in 5.5 miles you won't get hurt unless you're being an absolute retard. If you're following a program that tells you to do 5.5 mi in a 25 or 30 mi week, you'll be completely fine bumping that up to even 8 mi if you want.

This all being noted, you really shouldn't try to "push your limits" with running more than 2 times per week, max, and you should vary the way in which you push them (e.g., 1 day push your speed, 1 day go slow but push distance)

I'm currently training to join the Royal Marines and I've been running almost every day but my hamstrings and quads are starting to ache after about four 3 mile runs in as many days

What do you mean "ache"?

I'm not planning on becoming a competitive runner to be honest. I'm just doing it to control my weight and stay in good shape and for the fun of it. Going to the track, listen to music and watch some cute girls working out keeps me full of energy through the day and gives me a good night of sleep.

So having 30+ mile weeks is normal for the average runner or should I be expecting any inconveniences? What programs, routines, supplements, diets, etc would you recommend? What worked for you?

well you should obviously have rest days so your heart doesnt fucking regress from overtraining

A dull soreness. I'd imagine it's DOMS. It's the first time I've ran consistently since i was 17 and that was due to rugby