Opinion Thread

Better routine?

PPLxPPL vs. ULxUL

ULxULxx *

Depends on goals and recovery.

>they still mate more frequently than I do

holy shit, fucking saved m8

I like PPL more because it allows me to hit each group better. Tried UL but it sucked having to do back, chest and shoulders in one day, if you still want bis and tris as well.

I either spent three hours at the gym or neglected something.

But if most of your exercises are 5*5 max strength stuff anyways and you dont like accessories just go for UL

Push pull two times a week with squat movements on push and deadlift movements on pull

PPLxPPL resulted in elbow tendonitis for me. Been out of the gym for 6 months.

What some people fail to realise is that tendons require longer to recover than muscles.

Remember to deload, lads

Peace :)

>BRRRRRRAAAAAAP

ULXPPLX

Same here

you're not supposed to do UL like that

it can look like this f.e.

U1
OHP
ROWS

L1
DEADS

U2
DIPS
PULLUPS

L2
SQUATS

These are your main movements, you can throw in auxilliaries and variations (f.e. front squats, seated calf raises and leg curls on L2) in there until you hit a volume that will leave you satisfied

So its U1L1xxU2L2x ?

I know lots of guys who do the same thing as I said

Guys what to do after SS? Something that doesn't need me in the gym 6 days a week
I can go 4 times a week max

Search on YouTube "3dmj q&a training program"

it depends on the lifter (recoverability, experience, intensity generated, time constraints, natty or not) and their goals and the cycle they're currently in (building up on volume vs testing your absolute maxes for one week, f.e.) however often they go.

the template you suggested is perfectly viable

the way you suggested UL be structured (movement wise) will either require a young, novice trainee with superb recoverability or somebody on gear

it's viable, too, but very much to suggest to a general audience

I prefer doing :
1. chest and back
2. legs and arms
3 or 4 times a week, alternating

I dont know about you, but since I started being "string", i couldn't bench twice a week anymore, same for squats and deadlifts.

So now i do a day for each lifts + 1 for back
I don't think you need more if you go hard

>string
strong not string, duh

Neat video, thank

I do Pull1Push1xPull2Push2

I do a lot of cardio and don't want to beat me legs too much .
Pull1 = Heavy Deads , weighted Chin , Db Row and reverse lunges .
Pull2 = Heavy Pendlay , romanian deadlifts , chinups , power shrugs .

Push 1 = Bench for strength , followed by volume Ohp , followed by volume(8) dips
Push2 = OHP for strength , followed by volume bench followed by high volume(12) dips

Full body in a PPL setting if you care more for strength. Full body Upper-Lower setting if care more for aesthetics. PPL because more movements specificity and focus, Upper-Lower because it is more general and is body part focused.

i switched from ppl to ulxul and i like it better, but the main reason i switched is because i hate doing ohp in the same workout with bench, and i don't want to do only one

you don't have to do 3 groups in a day
mine looks something like
u1: bench and rows
l1: squats
u2: weighted pull ups and ohp
l2: deadlifts
and ofc 3-5 accessory exercises