I can't fucking decide Veeky Forums. Both sides are shilling too hard

I can't fucking decide Veeky Forums. Both sides are shilling too hard.

High bar or Low bar? Which one? WHICH FUCKING ONE

Here's a poll if anyone wants to vote strawpoll.me/12291464

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo&t=747s
strawpoll.me/12291464
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

literally do what feels best for you or do both if possible

Do whatever feels like it works your legs more and bys and be confident. You're gonna make it.

this.
If you just want to get stronger and look good.
There is barely any difference if you are getting stronger.

If you want to be a powerlifter, low bar is preferable.
If you want to be an oly lifter, high bar and front squats are preferable.

Anyone who claims one is the best and one is useless, is an insecure fuccboi who gets scared when anyone does something that they dont do.

It doesn't matter, just squat

The better one is both. I switch from week to week, so week one is HB week two is LB and so on.

repeating other poster but yeah

high bar forces you to be more vertical and transfers better to the oly lifts

low bar is much easier balance-wise and you'll be able to lift more, this is why powerlifters use it

I think high-bar is more difficult to master so if you're a casual weightlifter just go low bar

Alan Thrall's video helped me decide and learn the form

youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo&t=747s

Alan Thrall recently made a video where he literally calls high bar obsolete

I do high bar.

Mainly because it justifies the dumbass amount I spent on squat shoes.

Also it gives me a misguided sense of superiority because high bar looks cooler.

As with all questions like this (dumbbell bench or barbell bench? Pull ups or chin ups? Etc) the answer depends on your goals and your skills.

Front squat master race

BOTH

there is no lifting police force that will beat your ass for reaping the benefits of both stances

strawpoll.me/12291464

poll says High bar is best.

I've always done high bar but today i decided to try low... and I liked it. It felt easier on lowbar so I guess it's better.

not doing mid-bar
kys

Do high bar
Low bar overlaps with deadlifts

Ive seen a too many videos of PLs with no fucking quads squatting a million pounds doing low bar good mornings

Useless ego lift

You missed the point of that video. He was referring specifically to power lifting competition and the fact he dive bombs the final portion to get enough depth for his ego. Like most things it's contextual, for Thralls goal of lifting large weight in competition his needs mean he wants to change what he does.

For the op, like everyone else has said it honestly doesn't matter unless you have a specific need for power or oly lifting. Just squat, controlled where the bar is comfortable and don't stop above parallel . The bar being 2 inches higher or lower or you going to parallel or 2 inches lower isn't going to impact you negatively.

i squatted high bar for a couple of years. i'm working up my low bar right now. i feel like i'm a more posterior-chain driven lifter, so low bar felt natural to me whereas high bar was always a struggle. but i drank the "high bar ATG" koolaid and limited my progress. do whatever feels comfortable for you.

front squat 5 time per week

so can i bounce when doing highbar squats or is that bad form ?

lowbar if you want your back to be stronger and therefore reduce chance of injury

highbar if you want to trade that for bigger quads

Strictly speaking oly lifters use some sort of stretch reflex at the bottom of their lifts. From a casual hobby lifter perspective though personally I'd say don't do it unless you have someone who can watch and give feed back to you. The risk of trying to bounce but doing it incorrectly could result in dive bombing and hurting yourself. Controlled descent and ascent is far better for 99% of us who aren't going to compete at an elite level.

even if i am reaching my maximum weight? i started bouncing to delay the time when i have to deload.

still every rep is a ful 10 seconds of a deep breath, descent, struggle up, breath out, chill a few sec.

bounce, you mean bounce out of the bottom of a squat?
then yes, you can do that unless you want to do paused squats

try doing a squat clean and you will bounce out of the bottom of the squat without even thinking about it

Honestly mate I just don't know if you're retarded ego lifting or a sensible dude. Don't want to tell some poor fuck to use the stretch reflex and have them snap their shit because they misinterpreted stretch reflex at bottom of squat to mean "dive bomb to the bottom of squat at terminal velocity and get moar gainzzzz" . Ideally have someone who knows something look at you and give feedback if you're doing it right or record yourself and see if it looks controlled and you aren't hugely butt winking/knee caving. If you do it sensibly, controlled and don't pack on an extra 20kg because muh bounce then it's fine. If you're knees cave or back goes to shit then don't blame me when you snap your shit.

The original point I was making was Alan Thralls video clearly showed him with serious knee caving as he over did the bounce in an ego attempt to lift more. He made a video stating he had recognised this and was trying to correct it as his goals were power lifting/strongman oriented. For that he really only needs parallel not oly lifting atg style so for his goals low bar parallel made more sense.

Granted you'll get some form deviation at your max lifts and this is expected, but if you consistently develop a bad habit of dive bombing rather than controlled squats you'll increase your risk of injury.

Tldr for most of us squat high or low bar with good form and you'll get gains, the slight differences are minimal. Just don't fuck up the important stuff like tight back etc