How many days per week you do your cardio Veeky Forums?

How many days per week you do your cardio Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNNV-x7U84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm trying to do it twice a week.

alternate cardio and lifting days
take a rest day when i feel like death

everyday warmup rowing /post heavy lifts workout run/jog

never, but i walk everywhere and have no car so thats my excuse.

All off days, so 3-4x a week

Consistently running twice a week at the moment, if the equipment I want to use is taken when I arrive at the gym I'll spend ten minutes or so on the rowing machine or something.

Everyday, though apparently rowing is more 'strength-endurance' than 'cardio'.

5 to 6 times

Hey I've visited Henley before. Lovely place.

Every other day.
If I have rest days during the week they will be used on cardio aswell.

zero

I'm cutting with a calorie deficit, why would I needlessly run?

I run between 1-3 miles after lifting depending on how much time I have.

I run for about 1h25 for approx 15km.
i use the nike+ app.
trying to burn calories like hell.. still got that litlle belly covering my abs, i don't know how much run i still have to make

2-3x a week, it's kind of a bitch atm since it's -15C outside

everyday

not a twink I promise its just relaxing

all five

Once a week. My faggot legs can't handle running and leg work to close together. Shit sucks.

Everyday
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNNV-x7U84

>alternate cardio and lifting days
>take a rest day when i feel like death

this p much

still always take sunday as a rest day

I'd bike every day if it didn't make my butt hurt

30 mins almost everyday now, do it after weightlifting and am trying to get shredded for Summer. I use a "precor amt" machine, so my joints don't ever get sore.

To get cardiovascular resistance and don't breathe like a fat fuck every time you take the stairs?

Lower your saddle slightly and consider getting shorter cranks. You'll lose some leverage but hopefully will be able to turn them over faster. The more even/smooth pressure you put through your cranks the less pressure you should put on your saddle to the point where you're "floating". If you can't get shorter cranks focus on overcoming resistance rather than going fast when you pedal.

>flip flops and toe clips
Disgusting.

It's probably a bike show. Also fuck you flip flops are awesome.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. The weird thing is I've had the same bike for about 20 years and it didn't bother me as a kid/teenager at all

Never, cardio is for now, lifting is for life.

On a related note, I'm in the market for a quality treadmill but don't know where to begin.

Any advice?

Objectively wrong.

I'm redoing c25k. Do I really need the rest days if I've gone through the program before? Normally I do monday, wednesday, friday of cardio.

every

This
Slides are life

Half an hour 5 days a week, and sometimes more than that. I sometimes skip Saturday and Sunday, it just depends on my schedule and how I feel. It's a struggle some days when I lift too, but I just have to keep at it.

>
5 miles at moderate intensity on the bike is my warm up before lifts. 4x week

3-4 times per week. Currently only 1 of the 3-4 is running outside since it's fucking freezing in Atlantic Canada at this time of year, and the other cardio sessions are the stationary bike at my gym

>tfw running on a crisp as fuck -15 degrees C night
>tfw the stars are all out
>tfw you finish the run and breathe the cool, calm air and its so smooth
>tfw you look up at the stars and bask in the runners high and its sublime

at this point i dont even do cardio for the health aspect of it. I just love how it makes me feel

should i sign up for planet fitness near my work to do cardio on off days? all my off days are the days i work, but i spend those days mainly on my feet to start with, so i don't know how motivated I'd be to actually do it.

i do avoid cardio more than i should though.

ACTUALLY scratch that. apparently my gf has access to a gym right next to her workplace for free. i'll just do that fuck

I mean he's got rolled up jean shorts and a fedora ffs. Probly not about to race
You cannot deny your bike envy

lol

Sorry I'm a power lifter

I don't breathe heavily though. I think my opposition to it is that I live in a major city and walk (quickly) everywhere and take public transportation instead of driving. I also choose to take the stairs everywhere when there's an escalator or elevator. I run up them every time except for when I'm coming out of the subway station after leg day. I still take the stairs, I just walk up them more slowly.

You only really need 30 min or so my man, it's got that diminishing returns.

45 to 1h30 of mountain bike on trails in the Woods. 160+ avg bpm, going to 205 max. That shit is so fucking intense

About four times per week on average. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

You sound like you're too lazy to do cardio and are just making excuses. Cardio has tons of benefits if you're also too lazy to research it that's your loss.

Used to run around 60 miles/week before november , most run were around 13km,
I stopped all form of cardio and hopped on a Egg'n steak'n blood sausages diet + strength training .
Tried cardio again 2 week ago , I was gassed before the first 3 km .

It's not my first time going long duration without cardio , but It was the first where I ate a diet high in cholesterol and sat fat + no cardio .

I used to be an egg shill but after that I reduced my red meat and cholesterol intake , know it's anecdotal but I don't think egg are healthy anymore .

>do week 1 day 1 of C25K
>knees hurt like a mad cunt, can't even lift for a week due to pain

No cardio for me, just lifting

15mins every other day which alternates with
a core workout every other day

Erry

>be me, fairly lean, visible abs
>on Madcow 5x5 trying to gain strength/mass
>also want to run 3x a week for health benefits
>have to eat a ton of food to pull this off
It's tough for me

Zero. And regret it much, but training at home (have all the needed weights) atm and not visiting the gym.

Not doing cardio since its -20 -30 grad celsius outside and snow, and i hate running in cold and hate even more to do stationary cardio at home.

Just buy egg whites, don't bother with the yolks.

I do 120 min of logged cardio a week . would it be better to go faster or to run on a incline for fat loss?

I walk 20 minutes to work every weekday and I walk to the gym and then run back which happens every 3/4 days.

15-18k a week running. I finished c25k at the end of december and I'm not sure how hard to push myself. The main goal is a sub 20:00 min 5k (currently 24:00 on a good day). Some people say focus on intervals, others say master endurance first and some say "just enjoy the run :^) )

Does cardio ruin gains or not anons?

I stopped doing it and I've made better gains.

Correlation is not necessarily causation friend

skellie here, same as but I just reached 9.5km and I feel like I should add a rest day every 3 days or something

In the summer, I love riding my bike. Probably would do 40 mile trips 4 times a week. However, where I live, winters are shitty and riding a bike in the gym is not the same. I have a hard time finding fun cardio in the winter.

I cycle to work 5 times a week, 20 miles per day.

AxBxAxCardio-Rest

Theres plans for c25k to 10km out there. I wouldnt mess around too much with intervals before being able to run a 10km around 45min.
Running long and slow is key in the beginning.

Every day

>20 mins LISS on lifting days
>45 min LISS on off days

mountain biking is the best. Downhills are more exciting than a rollercoaster and the danger is real. Uphills are a real workout.

Nothing better than doing an hour of so loop you are really familiar with that you can really max out yourself on the uphills. Kind of like HIT training now that I think about it.

Mountain biking is one of those sports you kind of have to do alone. Everyone I brought mountain biking with me either got hurt or I ended up waiting around for them to catch up every 5 minutes (which sucks for your flow/workout).

every day, 45 to 60 mins on the treadmill at 9-12 km/h, depending on how i'm feeling and how my bpm are

currently I'm doing cardio 7 days a week if possible. I have a C2 rower and do from 30minutes to an hour. I'm on a cut and the rower along with a low carb diet are working really well. I'm also doing a lot of ring dips, pushups and pullups every day.

>mfw I can't get a runners high
I've gotten it maybe once but I've never really had success triggering it

Shit sucks because I wanna run more just for that. The one time I got it I felt incredible

just eat more and you're fine

5 days a week, 20 mins every day.

lifting 3 times a week, boxing 2 and running once a week

I went from 60 mile weeks 7 days a week, to 20 mile weeks 3 days a week.

I quit my track team so I could start lifting, and have Saturdays free for dates.

I ran for my uni's team. Doing a mixture of circuits, long slow runs, and progression runs will help you break 20 after like 4 months. That's just focusing on running though.

Ignore this man. Intervals are key at building endurance when you're just starting out. Without intervals you won't even be able to do long slow distance.

>have Saturdays free for dates

i'll do cardio before summer so i can lose that last bit of fat. no reason right now.

swim for a half hour 2x a week. Also work up a decent sweat rock climbing but that doesn't count.

I've started swimming. Mile a day 6 days a week.

This. Intervals bought me to a 16.35 5k

should I not do cardio if I have 0 fat?
asking for skeletal

Do some Conditioning(HIIT) after lifting 2-3 times a week.
On Wendler 5/3/1 BBB btw.

Nothing more cathartic than racing through the woods in total silence on a bike.

>be fat fuck
>have friend who is big into mountain biking
>gets me into riding
>convinces me to get a nicer bike once I've gotten some skill on the trail
>riding with riderbro all the time
>some months go by without riding
>winter.exe
>contact riderbro to meet at favorite trail
>agree to meet next day at 07:00
>both super stoked
>next day
>07:30
>riderbro is late
>trail is an hour outside of town, think nothing of it
>08:00, okay wtf
>call riderbro mobile
>Mrs riderbro answers
"user?"
>"yeah, hey, what's up?"
>riderbro was killed in a motorcycle accident last night
>Fuck.
>Talk for a few minutes
>ride anyway
>Feels take over
>no fear
>Best ride of my life
>still ride to this day but more cyclocross than anything

All we have is time my bros, give it your best.

Cardio is more about strengthening your heart than it is about losing fat. If you want to increase your endurance for any reason, you should do cardio regularly.

Started c25k. Am on week 3 now. Doing 3 days a week. Harder than I'd like to admit actually.

>before summer
>living somewhere you have to wait til summer to get 80+ degree days
Lolololol

>>Feels take over
>>no fear
>>Best ride of my life

Ridebro was at your side the whole way user.

is keto the best diet with cardio for fat loss purposes?

Zero, what am I a woman?

>what am I
probably a fat powerlifter

They don't combine well. Cardio work requires a decent amount of carbs for the recovery phase. If you starve your cells for carbs and do a whole bunch of running, you're gonna be sore as hell.

3x a week on my days off from lifting.

Though Im wondering if there will be problems with it if I switch to a PPL brosplit.

such is life breh

CARDIO HAS BEEN PROVEN ON HERE TO KILL GAINS, I DO VERY LITTLE EXCERSISE AND AVOID WALKING TO THE GYM AS TO AVOID LOSING GAINS. KEK AT CARDIO FAGGOTS.

>80+ degree days
>Living in the fires of hell

>summer is 8 months long
>100 degrees 100% humidity
You fucks dont know the heat

just drink more water retard

3 times a week and I do HIIT programs
That's count as cardio right?

I know that for a fact. One more riderbro story:

>Monday
>three years after riderbro taken from this world
>nice bike gets stolen
>call police, file report
>formality for insurance
>never expect resolution from cops
>Wednesday
>leaving work, still feeling angry and violated
>really want to catch that POS that took my bike
>say aloud: riderbro, help me out man, anything you can do
>Thursday
>mobile phone rings
>detective from robbery on other line
>mfw
>asks to come to my apartment and see security footage
>see thief in action
>See him touch bike rack in video
>go out to garage where bike rack is located
>find perfect handprint
>CSU engage
>while crime scene unit takes prints I ask why a robbery detective gives a fuck about a stolen bike
>says based on description given by neighbor witness (didn't realize it was a theft in progress) detectivebro thinks it's the same perp that is robbing people at gunpoint in another neighborhood
>They find gun five blocks away
>same prints as bike rack
>same piece of shit robbing people
>arrested
>no bike found

Pretty anti climactic and it sucks that my bike is still gone but I would sacrifice it again if no one else gets robbed by that guy.

Thanks riderbro.