antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression

Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs

www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab

www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

Other urls found in this thread:

startbodyweight.com/
antranik.org/bodyweight-training/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup /bwg/, how is your day going?

>M-muh bodyweight fitness

ITT: Middle schoolers, faggots, and virgins

and free bumps, desu
no (you) because fuck YOU

>what is sageru?

Literally kill yourself newfag.

y-you too

>2288

The dubs have spoken, OP is a confirmed homosexual.

those repetitive digits

>2323

CHECK 'EM

CHECK EM

so your life is trolling the calisthenics thread on a mongolian rug knitting board.
i thought my life was sad

CHECK 'EM

eh he will give up soon, senpai

Quick question. Been training progressive calisthenics for about 3 months, 3 days a week combined with 2 days of HIIT running (4x4). I've been progressing great and seeing some results, but the last 2 days I've trained I've done pretty bad at pull ups and push ups. Really struggled with them and could barely get to 15 reps of each while in previous training sessions I could get to that number easily, my shoulders got tired really quick.

What could this be due to? Do I need some rest, more stretching...?

do you not have deload weeks?
15reps is kinda high, I needed to rest 5mins when I was in 15 rep range for push ups
did you have enough to eat that day? specifically before work out did you eat some carbs?

Check'em C'mon

Don't do deload weeks. As of now I'm sticking with the Convict Conditioning rep progressions, so the current rep range I'm doing is 2x20 for push ups and 2x10 for pull ups. Usually do 2s down, 1s hold and 2s up for each rep. Usually rest between 1.5 and 2 minutes between sets.

And I usually work out around 10am, have breakfast at 8am. My breakfast is always 2 scrambled eggs, some fresh OJ, cup of coffee and 2 pieces of toast with a bit of honey. Sometimes a tangerine or pear, if I'm feeling a tad hungrier.

Also my training program as of now is 3 times a week, every day doing the following:

2x10/leg pistol squats
3x1min back bridge holds
2x10 pull ups
3x30 flat leg raises (on the ground, not hanging)
2x20 push ups

Then I'll try and do some stability/equilibrium exercises like crow stands and the like

CHECK 'EM

nice dubs m8

>implying I'm the only one that hates these fucking retarded threads

>implying your'e not big boy enough to just ignore them

you strike me as the kind of guy who posts sip memes then laughs at himself

what do you guys think of the THENX youtube channel? all they do is circuit training, is that really the best format for a workout? nice thread btw desu

Not necessarily the best, but definitely fun. I usually alternate my work outs, doing a circuit season and an individual exercise-based routine season. Circuit training I'd say works more on your endurance/stamina though, which is an added benefit, but you can still get that with non-circuit routines by reducing rest time between reps and sets.

>people hate Veeky Forums related threads on Veeky Forums
just your average day on autistchan

9/10 titles are click bait

Bump to not let this die

thanks senpai

No worries senpai. Shifted from weightlifting to calisthenics a while ago and love it, it's sad to see /bwg/ always get trolled or dead so soon

at least there's no cringey autistic shit being spammed for 10 pages, desu

user you might be over doing the push ups? not really sure. maybe try one more set with less reps. Heres mine:
15 bulgarian split squats (each leg)
3x8 pull ups
3x15 elbows in pike push ups
3x10 hanging knee raises
3x15 elbows in push ups
3x15 inverted rows, legs bend
3x45sec. incline plank

Side note, I tend to fail the very last rep of the very last set on my pull ups. so i compensate by doing 3 assisted. Also, on my last very last plank I try to do 3 bonus dimond push ups to see if struggle, if i do i know work out was complete success. lol

what's a good begginer program?
I'm back to Veeky Forums after a 18 months and decided to try something different.

Sorry user, lost your post due to spam and what not.

Like I said in previous posts, that program is shit with no rep progression, if you want proper rep progression, use Foundation template (pic related) the only times I failed to do a set was progression unrelated
If you are not cuting, eat some carbs 1h before work out, I eat 2h before working out as well, but 1h before exercising I eat some candy or chocolate or something else with sugar.

Foundation from OP, if you feel confident, you can skip some levels, but you will be behind in mobility.

user. could you explain to me why its important to deload? new to body weight myself.
Its me btw.

I'm Thanks for the template, user, had never heard of it. Would you say I use the 15rep template for every exercise? And how would I adapt it to isometric exercises like back bridges? For bridges I normally do 3 sets, 1 set consisting of holding position for a number of seconds, usually starting the first few weeks with 30s, then a couple of weeks of 45s and then a couple of weeks of 1m each set before moving on to the next level (which after full bridges I'd say is stand-to-stand bridges?).

As for the eating, I'll try adding something 1hr before the training, but since my breakfast is biggish it usually leaves me pretty full.

Got any shoulder/front deltoid stretches for greater shoulder flexibility and mobility? Dips feel too strained--can't lower properly without feeling discomfort in my left shoulder/front delt.

Also: I'm supposed to pack my shoulders during dips, right?

I'm the user you were replying to. That's a decent looking work out, how many times a week do you do that? Or do you spread all that over several days?

Also, how do you do rows in calisthenics? Never heard of them, just with barbell, dumbells and kettlebells

Can't say about dips since I haven't started doing them myself yet, but as for the stretching try pic related. Also binded tricep stretches, the mountain pose and some straight/bent wall stretches (will post pics in a bit, they're all scans from an Al Kavadlo book)

I try to do it 3 times a week with 2 of light cardio. But if i miss one day i tend to discipline myself by doing it twice, so those 3 days can easily turn into 5. I do tend to rest two straight days. About the rows i just use a towel hanging on my pull up bar.

Last one

Will give the towel thing a go.
Also, how long do you take to do each rep? I try to do 2s up, 1s rest, 2s down; so my main issue with your workout would be that it would take me over an hour to complete, and doing the one I do () it already takes me 40-45 minutes, which being tight on time is borderline what I can afford to do.

I don't take break between reps but I do take a 2 to 3 min rest between sets. Yeah, it does take around an hour for that work out to be completded sometimes 1:20mins which it also throws off my daily work routine. I need to find a more reliable rest or work out routine :/ something around your time range.

Im sorry, i JUST understood the 2sec up/down comment. Yes i do take around that time 2 or 3 sec even up to 5sec.

Thread derailing mememasters eternally BTFO

Another slow after day I see. I'll bump with some bad feels. Finally got tuck planche in October then injured my wrist. Only got it checked today and I have some bone bruising and possibly torn ligaments. I'll be back for you, planche, just you wait.

I know any workout is better than nothing and I'm a fucking dyel so I picked up Convict Conditioning. What do you guys think of it? I'm doing all the exercises from the fifth tier already.

Bump

disgustingly high volume
meh progressions
bs prison theme
better than nothing

I know that one user will say do foundation instead lol. im personally doing antraniks ppl rputine

different user, but its just an extended recovery period. Gives your body, central nervous system, and mind a break. gives your body time to repair so you're fresh as fuck afterwards.

>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce
what the fuck is this, where do i put this to download

Im going to implement this next month. Thank you.

my torrent program has a button that says add torrent. Then you copy and paste that

Look what I did a few days ago.
86kg bw 5'10

really not a fan of the high ass volume required on exercises before you progress to harder ones. you can progress to harder variants at like 3x8-15 range instead of doing 5x100 knee pushups before actual pushups.

How do I make my chest firmer with just bodyweight exercises at home?

I do a lot of pushups (including decline) but my chest just gets big and swollen, the shape doesn't improve like when you do dumbbell shit at the gym and it makes me sad

Having the "shape" is more about having a low bodyfat.

miring bro. i wanna get to at least this point.

I can also do this.
I don't know anyone in my gym who can deadlift over 500lbs aswell as do a muscle up.

nice pullups.
Do you have a body picture tho? From that perspective and with clothes you look pretty dyel. (no offense, just wondering how you can look that slim with those stats)

aye.
Its just the t-shirt probably.

audibly kek'd at the before

good shit user

did you do any muscle up specific training? Or just (weighted) pullups and dips till you had the stregnth

I just did pullups as explosively as possible at the beginning of every workout. Aimed to get as high as possible. Kept trying til I was high enough to throw my elbows over the bar. Took me about a month of doing it every workout to get my first (which was at 205lbs bodyweight) using a leg kick. From there I reduced the leg kick bit by bit until getting my first strict one.
I can do 6-7 in a set with leg kick now, and 1 or 2 strict.
Never did any weighted pullups or dips.

cool, appreciate the response, imma work in explosive pullup work then
mirin the bar skills bro

No worries mate.
You'll get it! just keep at it.

fuck injuries dude
working on planches hurt my shoulder but im determined too lol
best of luck

where to progress after archbody and archbody rocks?

Why should I do bodyweight vs going to my university's free gym?

I'm new pls no bully

Saved all of these for future use. Thank you!

its more a preference thing tbqh. if you're only concerned with getting fuckin jacked brah, hit the gym. Bodyweight can still get you big, but'll take longer, building connective tissue to progress to harder variants of exercises and whatnot.
Lifting's focus is to move shit through space, bodyweight, you're moving yourself through space, so in my own personal opinion it's alot more fun. Especially once you start progressing through handstand pushups, planches, levers, muscle ups and stuff of that nature.
also you'll be alot more flexible and have better mobility overall compared to weightlifting just because the nature of your workouts.
plus you can be an asshole and showoff in public lol

honestly, it comes down to which you enjoy more, progressively picking up heavier shit, or doing a fuckton of bar/ring work

Why is exhaling during the push in a pushup so much harder than just waiting to exhale at the top of the push?

fuck me, gotta swallow my pride and take a week easy for my aching shoulder

bump

anyone got that infographic with progressions? I think it was a part of that convict conditioning.

here's cc

honestly id recommend
foundation(in the op)
startbodyweight's routine,
startbodyweight.com/
r/bodyweightfitness' routine,
antranik's ppl,
antranik.org/bodyweight-training/
all over convict conditioning to be honest. not a fan of the progressions or the heavy ass volume. plus lack of skillwork.

Yey, thread still up!

like I in another thread, it's both mentally and physically needed, if you follow the 15 rep (or any Foundations template) for 3 weeks you have increasing intensity and that 4th week is SO welcome, it's hard to explain, but I have got other people into working out (think 50y old+ with extra weight) and the only thing that keeps them going is that deload week "this week is deload, fucking nice user"

that template was for dynamic movement, and no, not everything is 15rep, for example I am currently doing Pseudo Planche push ups and they are on 10rep template, there are also 60rep template, I do rows and curls and I follow 15rep template, it's fucking hard to get past 12reps, I tell you that. You can download Foundation to have all templates, in case you don't want I'll add 60s template, it's for static exercises (when you hold position)

damn user, don't fuck with wrists, get them healed, I'm like a year or more away from tuck planche, but I'm getting there

doesn't have progression, just switch to Foundation, it's fun and awesome progression, if you think it's slow you can skip weeks

if you are using uTorrent, File>Add Torrent from URL
good work user, now work on that form

always add height when you post weight, desu

That's Side Lever from Foundation, after rocks you need gymnastics equipment to progress, one of the reasons I don't do FL (next level is Arch Up's)

to add to I switched to BW after lifting for 4months, when you lift you have basic lifts: Squat, Deadlift, OHP and Bench in BW you have cool shit like Straddle Planche, Side Lever, Front Lever, Headstands etc. plus you don't need shit to show off in parties "h-hey guys I can squat 500lbs, w-watch me squat that hambeast"

because physics and muscles

aye, better week off than a few months

ty, bump

Template user here, thanks senpai, u da real mvp

thank you for the bump senpai

kind words, user, just remember that you need to progress if you want to... progress

>me earlier

looks like sPL progression desu

Check 'em

b u m p

My knee hurts like crazy when I do pistols on my left leg. I was able to do pistols before pretty easily on both legs, but I went on this long distance running binge and I think I messed something up. Anyways, hill sprints don't hurt my knee as much. Are hill sprints enough for legs in done 3x a week?

i just go to street workout park and do like 80 pullups in pyramid style then 30+ dips in one set
how do i progress from that to doing cool gymnastics stuff

>is X enough for Y
it depends on your goals etc. only you can say if it's enough or not

I would recommend for you to figure out what is wrong with your knee, running is not so good for knees, in general. Make sure you run with proper form at least, but really, get your knee checked out. If you just did a shit ton of runing maybe it's just overworked and needs some down time.

progress from what? you just do some cardio and maintenance
I recommend Foundation, you can pick and choose the stuff you want to do from it and you can skip levels if you can perform movement for mastery.

>tfw Big Guy™
>pullups and chinups are absolute hell
This is worse than any lifts I've ever done.

eh, if you can row your weight, isn't that almost the same as chin up?

I do not want to hear meme aswers.
So here I go:
I am learning to do burpees. They're very difficult and I want to do them as cardio.
Are they perfect for rest days, or should they be something to do on workout days?

what kind of meme response did you expect?
how are burpees difficult? perfect thing for rest days is resting

I have always wonder, are holding exercices like plank using muscles differently than others actives exercices like pushups? It is the same?

I am weak as hell and have balance problems.
I also want to do something else than running all day. So I thought of Burpees as a welcome alternative to increase my endurance.
Question is if it is a good thing to do burpees instead of jogging around in this cold weather

It's not. Static/holding type exercises are good for building endurance mostly.

For muscles, no, weather you bend or keep arm straight uses the same muscles, the only difference is 'time under tension', when you are doing static movement some groups of muscles are under tension longer than when you do dynamic movement (hard to give examples in text)

joggin is only for legs, burpees also work your arms
if you want to do cardio inside, you can do bodyweight stuff with no rest

What about muscle growth?
Sorry for sounding like a baby that needs to be spoonfed, I just want to know.
Is it not detrimental, if I do burpees everyday till I drop?

It is, you need to progress, sure at first you may see some strength increase, but eventually it will be just cardio
Just download Foundation and read the intro.

very nice job.