QTDDTOT

Cheat days: any benefit at all?
Also what shoes should I wear when raiding England?

I have a squat rack, bench, barbells and plates of 10 15 20 and 25 kg
Can someone suggest an LP program that doesn't use 5 or 2.5 kg increments by maybe varying the volume?
Can't switch gyms.

On a PPL program do you progress weekly or every workout whenever possible?

>watching poor man's GoT

Can following strength programs still get you a good body/ aesthetic to a point? I want to be strong but want it to show a little aesthetically too..

vikings > got

Someone with taste at last. Skol

Bump

yes goy watch chinese princesses and vikings convert to islam

What exactly is the use of training traps? Besides it looking absolutely ridiculous

>Comparing dragon shit to a series based on actual historical events grounded in reality

>thinking Vikings is an accurate representation of historical events

kill yourself now please

>actual historical events
You have no idea how much you're wrong

Dragons are not real user.

>Shieldmaidens are 1-1000 vikings
>Show has whole armies of progressive women fighters

Really sizzles my backfat.

Stop memeing and buy the smaller weights

>based on
>at least grounded in reality

Im not saying the story of Ragnor Lothbrok is real you chumps, he is practically king arthur tier.

My left knee seems slightly swollen, but only when I bend it fully. Should I rest or should I squat?

Virtually no benefit from cheat days. Cheat days are for the weak willed

Is training abs a meme?

No but training chest is

Second bump

Ordered myself Fat Gripz, what am I in for?

I've been eating properly, training consistently and upping the weight regularly and seeing gains, some fat gains as well but it's not too much I guess. Also hitting macros and getting enough protein etc. So far so good, but I rarely get DOMS anymore, even though I'm seeing gains and after a long time of dicking around I finally got my form correct and getting gains and all those things. If I don't get DOMS should I switch to another program to switch things up? Or should I just /STICKTOTHEPROGRAM/?

Whenever possible

when people say deadlift "unequipped" do they mean literally just walk up to the bar, no weight belt or wraps or is there some weird equivalent of the bench shirt that lets you deadlift more

For most people DOMS stops happening after a while. If you're making gains then just keep doing what you're doing senpai

You forgot to tip your fedora

If you watch any TV series you're a cuck nu-male, period.

Vikings is pretty inaccurate in terms of clothing and shit. And it's based on sagas, not 100% historical facts. We don't even know if Ragnar Lothbrok even really existed.

I like having a gym buddy but my mate is absolutely brainwashed by the snail oil salesmen that are personal trainers after seeing one for 2 years (and making absolutely zero gains).

He critiques everything I do and keeps telling me
>'You gotta use kettlebells man'
>'You're not going to know yourself once the PT is through with you'
>'You gotta bounce and spread your legs during an overhead press'
>'You're missing out by not using X machine'
>'You're workout is too simple'
All while I've been doing Veeky Forums Greyskull LP for the past 2 months in my home gym and already making noticeable physical gains and increasing my lifts by a lot but needed to join a proper gym because my squat is heavier than the weights I have at home now.

The problem is he hovers around me at the gym and is adamant that 'everything is going to change' once I get a PT (we're getting 3 free sessions when we join up properly, just finished out 7 day trial) but I know the PT's at this gym are going to be meme workout practitioners and are going to get me to do stupid shit for 45 minutes and then have their hand out for like $60 and will have no interest in critiquing and correct my form (I know it's definitely not proper and I've decided to deload and work on form for a few weeks rather than just keep loading up heavier weights and hurt myself/learn shitty habits).

What the fuck do I do, there's no changing my mates mind on this because he's as stubborn as a mule but I'm stuck with him now, I know 100% my lifts have suffered the past week because I've been babysitting him and also him making me feel shitty for what I'm doing.

Tell him to fuck off if you are making progress but also just do your work stop being so soft

What are your stats?

No you're correct, unequipped means no belt and no straps

5'7" @ 69kgs

55kg - Squat
50kg - Bent-Over Barbell Row
27.5kg - Barbell Shoulder Press
38.5kg - Barbell Bench Press
60kg - Deadlift
24.6kg - Close Grip Barbell Bench Press
7.5kg - Dumbbell Side Raises
9kg - Dumbbell Curl
11kg - Dumbbell Hammer Curl

I know it's all over the place, I literally started with just the bar on my first work out and added weight from there each workout to get used to it, I was a useless, unfit NEET before starting.
I want to get it more consistent which is why I want to deload and just work on proper form so I can get it back up properly.

Would having a volume day on a Friday, where I perform the same lifts twice a week be beneficial to helping me increase my lifts? Or should I just lift heavy every session? Was thinking of going for 80% of my working weight and aiming for 4x12, then microloading and working from there

>Cheat days: any benefit at all?

If you're cutting, I wouldn't suggest "cheat days".

I would simply eat another meal of high quality protein source, a bit of sweet potato (1/4-1/2 of a medium one), and a good serving of greens.

Extra calories with dense nutrients helps with cutting. There's never a 'need' to eat junk food. Keep eating clean and you'll notice your tastes changing.

If you don't like Vikings you're a confirmed pleb.

There are some exercises where you should not keep trying to increase the weight. I use less weight than you on lateral raises despite lifting much heavier than you on everything else. It's not safe to push for high weight on that exercise, so keep it low and use it as an accessory after OHP

Oh really? I've just been following the guide to add weight like Greyskull LP suggests.

Though lateral raises are really, REALLY fucking hard, the hardest of all the things I do really and there's no way I'm raising my arms as high as I should, 5kg is way more comfortable for me so maybe I should stick with that?

Anything else that is just an accessory that I shouldn't be increasing, or something I should be increasing more?

What are the advantages of becoming strong?

And does strength training get you a sexy body anyway?

Last night I was worrying over all sorts of things and noticed my heart was thumping and I had chest pain from anxiety.
Should I stop taking pre-workout as a preventive measure? Just worrying as my dad had to go to the hospital recently over a similar thing...

So yesterday, i was a fat fuck on my bulk and ate 4000 calories over my TDEE. Will cutting on my rest days on weekends hurt my gains? I really don't want to be a fat fuck by April

Lmao your lifts are pathetic

General bump

Where is that Viking user who takes the time to answer like 7 questions in one post?

So I'm 155lbs/6", and if we're going by the 1g/lb protein meme I'm supposed to get over 150 grams of protein daily for max efficiency? What if I get 100 every other day?

How the fuck did you manage that

Do you get more benefit from doing say 3 sets of squats back to back as opposed to doing one set at 10am, another at 1pm, and the last at 3pm?

I guess what I am asking if it is still possible to get the same amount of benefit if you do shorter sets throughout the day instead of dumping all of it in an hour or so?

>Cheat days
bad idea, I do one or two cheat MEALS a week to prevent cravings and eat out with friends or family and try to not pigout

Holy fuck what a pussy, dis Veeky Forums tell you to say that?

>taking 2 hour long rests between sets

Jesus christ

NO gains

.8g/lb, retard. The 1g/lb is for lean body mass.

Breakfast: porridge
Or bacon and eggs

Lunch: chicken roll or tuna
banana after gym

Dinner: salmon

Banana before bed

Where did I fuck up?

The bacon part.

I probably phrased it weirdly, but what I meant was, the amount of work is the same, but it's just spread out. So is the benefit still the same, or do you get added benefit from stressing your muscles more in a shorter time frame?

I guess the question could be applied in a different way, you're working in a store lifting shit all day, so you end up doing 50 squats or whatever. Will those 50 squats throughout the day net you the same benefit as doing 5 sets of 10 squats in the gym in a shorter timeframe?

I know it's a weird question, but I've always wondered.

Your muscles grow because of the stress and demand put on them. If you do a single set every two hours, do you really think your muscles are sensing a demand or much stress?

Yeah, it's what I thought, but for some reason it didn't make sense in my head until someone spelled it out for me

Thanks

I am 5'7 127 rn. Kinda little guy. Had oatmeal in the morning: 400 cal.
School lunch of chicken tendies, potatoes, applesauce, and pretzel sticks, surprisingly only like 800 cal if i remember correctly.
But then i got a cupcake pushed on me cuz of my GF birthday. 160 cal. Then post workout KILLED some hamburger helper mac n beef. Like 6-8 cups of that. 1/3 bag of fritos. 3 pb sandwiches. And a multi vitamin cuz gains. I then passed out in a food coma.

t. Recovering ED patient.

how do I go from 15%BF to 10-12%? feels like I'm stuck here my diet is already bout 80% clean

Bump

Bumpity speedbump

Eat less.

Are weight machines really that bad? I have been going to the gym for a few months and slowly getting into it. I don't have a clue what to do in the actual weights area, so figured I couldn't really go wrong with the machines

Most machines are not bad at all. They isolate specific muscles. The only bad machine I'd say is the Smith machine. It forces you into unnatural lifting positions with squats by making it a strict vertical lift, which the squat is not.

Machines are literally hitler

Until season 4.

Chinese princesses, lesbian feminist queens and shitslam ruined it.

>tfw floki was the best character
>tfw templars are being shoehorned in next season

It jumped the shark this season, I loved it so much too.

A couple questions about StrongLifts

1. Is it okay to do pull downs instead of pull ups? It's just that I have no consistent way of adding weight to pull ups. My gym has no dip belt

2. SPOILER
Should Sigurd have really died on Vikings?

Don't use machines, be one

3x5 or 4x6 for flat bench / ohp / back squat
or even something else?

been doing 3x5 with high rep isolation pplrpplr but thinking bout higher rep compounds

>My gym has no dip belt
Grab a dumbbell with your ankles

>'You gotta bounce and spread your legs during an overhead press'

WTF?

Just tell him that you enjoy lifting with him but you wanna do your own thing. If he's not retarded he'll understand.

Fair enough I guess... But are pull downs vastly inferior to pull ups?

Is loose skin really just fat you haven't lost yet?

Yes it's okay. One is push, the other is pull, both use same muscles.

What supplements do you guys take daily?

I'm thinking about getting on some sort of water pill or yohimbine to help get my mental goals of getting below 10%

>snail oil

multi vit
fish oil
zma
cla

How do I get the most gains at subway?

Have any of you guys had flared ribs? I was just looking online for a way to fix it and I was wondering if any of that shit (some core/shoulder and breathing exercises) works.

you do a 360 and walk away with a pretzel

>get sub
>unwrap sub
>dump contents onto plate
>throw away bread
>consume

By never going there.

Absolutely, they don't even engage your lats properly. Pull-ups are the superior exercise.

Are flies necessary in a chest workout to build an aesthetic chest? Can it be done with dips and your standard bench presses?

How "on your heels" do you have to be for squat? As long as your feet are flat and you aren't pushing through your toes, anywhere between the ball of your foot and heel should be fine, right?

Bump

I guess muscle builds up after being teared, getting stronger means being able to move heavier weights, thus tearing more your muscle fibers. This leads to a faster aesthetic physique given you switch to a bodybuilding routine after attaining certain level of strength. Strength training does build a good physique but it's a slower process than going for the bodybuilding route.
Take it with a grain of salt though.

But I'm hungry!

Bump

boomp

flat bench + ohp will cover most. some people need/add high rep decline/incline. nothing wrong with flyes but not necessary

Hi /fit, tomorrow I'm going through my gynocomastia surgery and I'm terrified. It's getting Veeky Forums and becoming more obsessed with how other people perceive me that made me realize I want to actually go do this shit.

What I'm trying to say is, if I don't wake up from the anesthesia, it's your fucking fault.

Also thank you.

Don't be terrified

Anasthesia is safe and everything will be fine. Medical technology is better than ever. Dying during surgery isnt as common as it used to be

Plus, in the past, if you needed surgery they'd take you to the butcher with a shot of whiskey.

How can I train my chest without using my shoulders too much?

It's just a minor discomfort and stiffness. My doctor doesnt seem concerned, but Im still waiting in my xray results

Yes but the chance still exists. And to die for something so vain! I haven't told my coworkers what I'm doing, even my family barely knows; to die of gyno surgery, that's just awful.

You can try self resistance for now. It can help keep your test trained.
HOWEVER I honestly don't think there are any chest exercises that don't work your shoulders to some degree.

It literally means walk up to the bear (in footwear of your choosing and nothing more), lift it up, and put it back down again.

bar*

Tell him to fuck off if he doesn't get the hint. Alternatively, ask him where his gains are if his advice is so good.