My left shoulder hurts on the negative part of bench, wat do?

My left shoulder hurts on the negative part of bench, wat do?

Please tell me this bullshit isn't permanent.

Other urls found in this thread:

dieselcrew.com/how-to-shoulder-rehab
youtube.com/watch?v=eSy9DH4Wy4o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Work on your OHP

think about turning your pinkies inwards while lowering the weight, this helps to keep your shoulders tucked in

Why?

There is no negative part of bench.

Bench is love, bench is life.

It was my favorite exercise and now I can't enjoy it because of this fucking injury.

Learn to bench.
Work your rotator cuff (external rotation)
Work your rear delts
Stretch your pecs

That's all

Do you retract your scapula?

this desu
also consider working on your shoulder mobility

Work on your rhomboids, external cuff and rear delts. Bent over barbell rows are useful. Use a prone grip and the same width as you would a bench press. A t bar row is also good. Chest supported barbell or dumbbell row is useful as well. And isolated rear delt flys and facepulls will give you better support for bench pressing. Also try a periodiztion scheme so you aren't alway doing a low rep, high weight workout.

Thanks, will do. Should I avoid bench entirely for now? It hurts even when warming up.

retract yo fuckin scapula

If it hurts, then yes. Work on foam rolling your lats and pecs if you know how to.

I suggest reading and using this regiment to help your shoulder be more stable and stronger.

dieselcrew.com/how-to-shoulder-rehab

Also, when I do pushups it doesn't hurt.

I'm having a really hard time figuring out how I even got injured in the first place.

Thanks bro

when you do pushups your shoulder blade is free to float on your back

when you bench, your bodyweight pins the shoulder blade in place

which is why it is very important to be benching with correct form

im black

*nigger

>very important to be benching with correct form
like how?

Also, for how long should I completely skip benching?

deload to a weight it doesn't hurt at (mind you, doesn't HURT. It'll be uncomfortable for sure) and do loooooooots of sets of low reps. Like 10x3 or more

focus on retracting your scapula and controlling the bar all the way down

also do this before benching EVERY DAY FROM NOW ON youtube.com/watch?v=eSy9DH4Wy4o

can that be done with a resistance band too? dont have pvc pipe or similar shit

Shoulder impingement.

Something similiar happened to me. Shoulder mobility before benching and also on rest days and icing it after you do them, stretch your pecs or widen your grip

My shoulder declared just recently that I would no longer be doing BB bench press. A terrible blow, favorite lift. After rising from dark depression, was recommended to try DB bench press, as it allows more 'wiggle'. Satisfied I lift on. Good luck. Probably permanent, but certainly dealable-with.

Stretch

Its probably strained. My shoulders have been gone for years

DO FACEPULLS

I always get bad soreness in my left shoulder from pressing movements no matter how I tweak my form and no matter how much or how I strengthen the supporting musculature. What cures it immediately? Using a parallel grip. So, swiss/football bar for ohp/bench or trap bar for ohp or dumbbells. These all allow a parallel/neutral/hammer style grip. Years of suffering and applying all forms of advice and this simple change literally cured me overnight. I can ohp and bench 100% pain free even if my form breaks down no pain at all. I actually replaced bench press with a 150lb resistance push ups and add resistance with a small second band. I'm stronger and healthier than ever. But that swiss bar is pretty fucking amazing too. I do one arm ohp with dumbbells now. Feels good man.

Reset your weight and work on your form. For me my elbows were to wide.