Coffee

What does Veeky Forums think about coffee?

Everyone I know who drinks it drinks it religiously and cant handle not having it daily

Addictive shit, I avoid it

It's a drink made from roasted beans. It has chemicals that when mixed with hot water give you a boost. Some of it comes from shitty places like Ireland, some of it comes from good places like Brazil. All in all. Its a common drink with no calories (when nothing is added to it) I would give it a 7/10.

I love it, I don't do it everyday or if I do it's 1 or 2 cups and that's it.

Also it has to be no cream with maybe a spoon or two of sugar and some ice in it so I can drink it sooner.

I honestly feel as though coffee is one of the things that is safe to be addicted too? (Not good to be addicted to anything really) the benefits outweigh the side effects...It's a good drug IMO

very bad for your teeth color. drink and swish water afterwards or during asap

It's black

It's the good kinda black...Like the early 70s black....The kind of black you could trust.

tastes good
smells good
makes me shit
the energy boost is nice
full of antioxidants

10/10 best way to start your day.

>implying there was ever a time when black could be trusted

Op if your thinking about the caffeine in it. It's better to get your dose with a supplement. (You can go to your local pharmacy and get a bottle of caffeine pills for like 5 bucks, each pill is about a cup of coffee) very cost effective and you won't be adding those extra calories like the rest of those amerifats with there extra cream and extra sugar..

If you like your heart in overdrive, sure.

Just remember that cardiac arrest is the lead cause of death.

so avoid exercise and thrilling things?

>and you won't be adding those extra calories like the rest of those amerifats with there extra cream and extra sugar..

We were talking about coffee, not frappucinopumpkinspice with a cream heart on top.

Black coffee all the way.

Everything in moderation my man. I'm not saying go out and swallow the whole thing. Suck the tip.

>cardiac arrest is the lead cause of death
Don't worry I'm not black, there's little chance I get pulled over by a cop

I like it. I drink it for the taste. I usually have one cup every other day, but I can go longer without it.

>tfw lost one of the parts of my hand grinder so i can't make any for a while

I prefer getting out of the bed on my own

I promise I'm not racist mkayyy

Three cups a day is what I heard you need for heart benefits

it's fucking delicious and I drink it religiously and I'll fucking kill you if you stand in my way you nigger faggot.

I drink it black, good hipster bullshit from the local hipster roasting shop. Medium roast, single origin, either from Brazil or Honduras.

I swear, I'll fucking gut you niggers if you stop me from having my morning drip. Fuck you. Time to sleep because the sooner I do, the sooner it's brew time.

Really though, try me - faggots.

>don't even talk to me until I've had my morning cup

Alright Susan

I drink coffee all the time. There aren't negative health effects from doing it. But if you find yourself in a spot where you can't have it, it sucks. Better to not get addicted I guess. But I like the ritual of making it and the taste.

Go on...

>Addictive shit, I avoid it
If you don't have enough self control to cycle/drink coffee sensibly you're pretty much a lost cause and any addictive substance would ruin your life.

>I honestly feel as though coffee is one of the things that is safe to be addicted too? (Not good to be addicted to anything really) the benefits outweigh the side effects...It's a good drug IMO
Agreed, the benefits FAR outweigh the presumed cons of marginally elevated blood pressure for 2 hours

>If you like your heart in overdrive, sure.
So you don't like cardio? Top yourself with this bullshit logic.
Coffee Pros:
>Tastes great
>Helps curb appetite, especially when black on an empty stomach
>No side effects/cons when combined with something like L-Theanine
>Increases heart rate for a short time
>Helps you lift slightly more/run slightly further
>Full of riboflavins

Coffee Cons:
>Slightly elevates blood pressure for a couple of hours
>Slightly habit forming
>You have to listen to diatribe and nonsense from people with no concept of health like the retards in this thread

I mainly drink it to help suppress appetite but have used it as pre workout in the past with theanine. Great stuff if you have even a modicum of self control

mmmmmm ahhhhh

Have one cup a day before I go to the gym for a little boost. If you need it to wake up or get headaches from withdrawals you need to figure your shit out

what's going on here?

Black coffee/tea is god tier. But if you can't go a day or two without withdrawals then you need to reel back. Some lethargy is alright but if you're getting headaches and shit, calm down with your daily dose.
I mostly drink it as occasional pre-workout and an appetite suppressant. Sometimes I just crave the taste and find it relaxing. Never drink it two days in a row.

>voluntarily consuming sugar

>2017
>Not diversifying your energy source
Shiggy Diggy?

t. doctoral candidate in broscience at harvard university

My sister was having some fairly serious stomach problems. Doctor had her on a special diet and stuff. Then she stopped drinking the free coffee at her office and its starting to clear up.

what if i drink it with milk

I drink dark roast coffee black every morning, about 1 cup. I'll have espresso if I need a "pick me up" throughout the day or if I'm at a coffee shop and want something tasty (espresso with creamer and 1 sugar is incredible).

It helps regulate my bowel movements, I take a massive shit after finishing my coffee in the morning. It has a huge amount of antioxidants. The only bad part I've noticed is a slight yellowing on my teeth because I don't drink water immediately after.

it's best to avoid caffeine after the morning time so as to not interfere with sleep cycles otherwise it's breddy gud

It's never really help suppress appetite desu. I also haven't seen where that "coffee makes me shit" meme comes from. Neither of these really seem true to me.

I've tried caffeine pills once and they made me incredibly sick. I felt like I was going to vomit for hours. No thanks

Aeropress master race checking in

I like it. I only have it twice, maybe thrice a week because I got very addicted to it in the past.

Then you're just a faggot.

a faggot who's superior to you, sure

coffee makes me have to take a hot shit literally 5 minutes after every cup

I have been 99% caffeine free for 10 years.
Changed my life -- zero withdrawls.
I have maybe 1 - 2 cups of instant decaff a day.

Also like decaff peppermint green tea.
And --- another decaff flavor called "African Autumn".

>have no idea what Autumn is like in Africa

It's GOAT
Tea too

I love it both with milk and without (flat white is perfection) but adding sugar means you are unquestionably a turbofaggot

stains your teeth. i just take caffeine pills.

>riboflavins

Source that even a minute fraction of heart disease deaths are caused from coffee drinking?

I like to drink it but I can deal without if it's not available, I wonder what cause some people to get so addictive to it?

Nitro cold brew is fucking amazing and has kind of ruined all other coffee for me.

Good quality coffee smells good and tastes amazing. But since I'm a poorfag I only have access to shitty ones. So I rarely drink a cup, maybe once in a month when I feel like having one.

My sister buys some instant coffee and drinks it every damn morning for the past 10 years or so. If she doesnt have one she'll have terrible humour during the day, get headaches. I remember one time a few months ago, I got up earlier than usual and used the coffee there was left in a jar, not really checked if it was the only left in the house. She freaked at me when she got up, she dressed and walked like 10 blocks to the market just to get another jar.

Damn, posting this made me realize how fucked is my sister with respect to coffee consumption. Not related to the thread, I'm sorry I guess

The real sips

I want to be free from it, but I live in Sweden and during the dark months I need it to function. Gonna use the bright months ahead to get rid of caffeine.

You're joke is bad but I still keked

The better question is.
How do you take your coffee?

I drink coffee daily, usually 16-32oz. I have it with milk. If I dont drink coffee/or caffine in general i'll be in a bad mood usually. Sometimes I like to blend Ultra white sips ( half the bottle ) and 1 whole banana together. Tastes really good and gives me energy aswell.

Good coffee tastes great, but I fucking hate what it does to my body.

What do you mean? The rapid heartbeat? Headaches when you drink too much?

It has many attractive properties (e.g., the effect of its polyphenols on lifespan), but as a Met/Met (rs4680(A;A)) I stay away from it as I don't want my COMT levels any lower than they already are :-\

Don't EVER drink the free coffee at work.
>be me
>work at Walmart during summer
>co-workers bunch of degenerates
>have to fit in so play social game
>do dumb shit with my peers
>one guy challenges most gullible of idiots I work with
>"dude, you gotta do something good to fuck with the coffee cause fat fag drinks it (everybody hates fat fag, works maintenence, takes 2 30 min to hour long shit every night, makes other maintenence guys clean bathroom, just rides around on the scrubber all night)
>stoner co-worker (smoke a g before, during every break, and when he gets home. Got Walmart job to get more people to deal to, he's dead now, irrelevant points) tells him to shit in it.
>nobody thinks he'll do it
>goes to bathroom
>takes filter
>comes back smirking like a lunatic
>hiding the filter
>throws some folgers shit on top
>brews it
>older co-workers and fat fag drink it
>everybody gets sick
>keep getting ill for days afterward until all shit is washed through it
>guy never got caught, hid evidence well

TLDR don't EVER trust the free coffee at work

Gas all retail workers

Coffee (and tea) are fine and contain negligable calories. Its the shit other peopleput in them that makes them bad, like milk and sugar.

>milk is bad
ahhahahaahahahhaahhaha
fatass get out of my fit

Let that be a lesson, shit in the coffee pot and die

Nothing wrong with being dependent on stimulants, just makes you a more productive human bean.

>After 1971 he also took amphetamines, despite the concern of his friends, one of whom (Ron Graham) bet him $500 that he could not stop taking the drug for a month.[19] Erdős won the bet, but complained that during his abstinence, mathematics had been set back by a month

I want to be able to enjoy coffee, but unfortunately I just can't get a taste for it, it's far too bitter for my liking. I can *tolerate* the taste if it's got milk in it, so I sometimes have that when I need to wake myself up a bit. Maybe I should try a milder roast or something and see how that is.

my aeropress nigga.