Martial Arts

Well fit. My entire self image has been shattered.

>Be 6'4" 90kg male
>2pl8 bench 2.5pl8 squat 3.5pl8 diddly lift
>not Veeky Forums strong but normie strong
>Work in school in Japan
>students in Judo club invite me to join them in the evening
>never done judo in my life but okay
>coach makes me spar with 14 year old student
>begin
>immediately thrown to the ground in less than a second and put into a lock I cannot escape from

You told me my muscle would be enough. I just got beat up by a 14 year old Japanese boy. I'll be going back next week. I have much to learn.

Martial arts thread I guess.

damn, you're like his property now

>6'4"
>90kg
fuck sake OP, I'm 6'3" same weight and I am a twig, do you even eat?

I taught English in Japan and when the judo club invited me to spar I threw those little gooks around like a rampaging bull. They even held a ceremony and awarded me a gi when my contract expired and I had to move back.

Not a twig low bf and relatively high muscle.

To the kids credit he is one of the strongest in the prefecture. He had lighting legs.

>Holyland
meine bruder, best martial arts manga in terms of character development

I bet he was like 4'? lower height means better leverage

aye it's good, but the ending was shit, he got a gf and became a normie lul

Unrelated, as a fit American with a good education who's not a weeb, i want to move somewhere new. Would you recommend Japan?

Yes. But speak the language or risk isolation. Many people come here expecting to get by on English alone because they are "lel quirky exciting foreigner". This is the point where weaboos will leave Japan crying because they were super lonely and rejected by everyone. I've seen it many times. As weebish as it sounds, at some point, you're gonna have to naturalize a bit a partake in the culture.

I make sure to volunteer at the local shrine. help out at festivals do sports, join study groups etc. If you make and effort keep a positive attitude and mix with the community you will be accept.

It's not even as hard as people think it is to get a visa in Japan these days. English teaching is a solid rout but nothing is stopping a white american guy from getting in there simply because he wants to.

Judo works well against bigger opponents, but eventually being big is a huge plus, especially in the initial phase

5'11 220 2.5pl8 bench, 1.5pl8 ohp, 3pl8 squat, 4pl8 DL.

Have just started Judo and the cardio fucking kills me. Big cunts destroy me but the little guys and girls can't move me at all.

ur a big guy

i have similar stats (weaker bench press, stronger squat) and 1½ years into bjj.

how long have you trained? because bjj is similar and i don't have cardio problems yet i do 0 cardio if you don't count bjj. if you have just trained a few weeks i think you'll get decent cardio for that purpose by just training.

this never happened

this actually happened

>Work in school in Japan

You should be shot.

Only by comparison to a man of lesser physical and mental stature, such as yourself.

Only a few lessons in. I did a couple of months of bjj a few years ago but moved away to the arsehole of the world and never trained again til now. I'm sure the cardio will come back.

It did happen yo. I don't see what's so unbelievable about a kid swinging his leg behind my knee at full force and knocked me to the ground.

It's a fun job. I like my students and am satisfied with my life. Shoot me if you can find me, cunt.

>he thinks he is a master fighter, ladiesman and a alpha male just because he goes to the gym and does squats and deadlift

Goddamn, even people who've never done martial arts in their life can throw a better punch than Ronda.

>be me
>learn bjj under the gracies. graduate to blue belt after 2 years
>fast forward 5 years, is now a brown belt
>can hold my own against a low rank black belts, gets destroyed by black belt with more than 1 stripe

>take judo
>6 months later i'm yellow belt
>black belt within 4 years

Why is graduating from belt to belt is so much easier/quicker in judo than BJJ?

>implying leg trips can be prevented by being big

They can if you're so big you roll around

I prefer the
>marital arts
>tfw no gf

>Why is graduating from belt to belt is so much easier/quicker in judo than BJJ?
Local standards
>4+ years into BJJ
>go 80-20 against my coach who won his division at Europeans
>still blue belt

>6+ years into Judo
>will probably get shodan this year IF I find a partner to do the exam
>significantly faster than average of ~8-10 years

Around here, average times to black belt are only slightly shorter in Judo.

In Judo, a black belt is supposed to mark anyone who is knowledgeable enough to teach beginners. The Gracies slowed that down because they're egotistical third-world money grabbers who need some way to awe their students with how hardcore the sport is for having a slow belt color progression even though many blue belts are experienced enough to do a good job teaching because the only difference between them and a black belt is skill in competition.

For you

This seems to be most of Veeky Forums t b h. They go on and on about "normies" but when it comes to martial arts and how they actually work, Veeky Forums has not got a fucking clue.

Thats why you always see swole niggas join a BJJ class and struggle like fuck to bench some girl or manlet off of them thinking that it will actually work. As if people are a thin bar with equal weights on both end and not purposfully pinning you down in a position that robs you of all leverage on them.

Those guys usually get rekt and never return.

Judo is better if you are short, stocky with plenty muscle.

Bjj is great if you're a lanky fag with long, octopus like limbs (esp if you train no gi)

Being tall isn't a disadvantage in Judo - plenty of leg/foot techniques available shorter people can only dream of.

I am 6ft1 200lb and i enjoy both BJJ and Judo, must say i prefer BJJ. I like to play open guard mostly. But i do like Judo for being harder to get to work.

guys, how do i respectfully tell the musty guy that i refuse to drill or spar with him until he begins washing his gi?

>6'4" 90kg male
pls eat

Man if only the most titled athlete in the history of Judo wasn't towering 15 cm above everyone else in his weight class.

It's always people that never fought longer than a few month that say this type of shit.

user that is nearly 200lbs

Should have punched them, he can´t throw you if he goes down from hook.

Judo faggots are shit if they can´t grab you.

that's not a lot at 6'4

im 220 at 6'1

ITT: things that never happened

Pretty slick desu

tell him straight out.

Huh. That never happened though