Imagine being so rich you could afford to build your own home gym

Imagine being so rich you could afford to build your own home gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skespZ_m6Qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

but it would be so lonely :(

Looks kinda shitty tbqh

and you'd still be the most DYEL there

>rack
>bench
>dip station
>pull-up bar
>surround sound

that's all i want

Just bought a rack/bb/bumpers/bench
pretty pumped

>2 sets of fixed bars
>smith machine
Get the fuck out of here with that shit

i have a home gym and still i prefer to go to public one. for some reason other people give me energy when i lift and i always push myself more.

I wouldn't have that motivation to finish my set knowing that qt3.14 isn't staring at me from the yoga section

I used to have this mindset. The gym environment is just motivating in itself. I've come to appreciate the perks of having my own gym though.
>can take as long as I want on my equipment
>everything is exactly where I left it
>no commute, so I can lift right when i wake up in the morning
>can invite as many friends as I want whenever I want
>can use my own playlist.

You forgot a mirror so you can see what your ancestors see.

Why would you want an entire gym?

Get a squat rack with dips and pullup attachments, a bench, enough pl8s and some ez bar if you're that much of a faggot, and that's all you'll ever need. It's not even expensive on the long term, you just need space to set up the rack.

I could build my own gym, I go to a public one for self validation.

Are you retarded? That's what OP means by "homegym"

I have my own gym. Means I don't have to interact with other people

>powercage
>bench
>bar
>plates
>Floor to ceiling mirror

The downside of home gym is the risks involved with lifting till fail

how so when you have a powerrack?

>I bench press

>imagine being so rich, you actually convince yourself it's a good idea to buy a whole rack of fixed barbells with babyweight
>and then a second one, with ez-curl bars, with ever babbier weight.

I can't place the safety bars at a height that doesn't impede lowering the bar on bench whilst remaining high enough to not do damage if I fail.

It's great for squats, ohp, pull ups etc.

I had that issue too with my home gym (just a simple powercage with pullup bars) - the trick I found was to get some flat wooden boards, about 3/4" thick, to lift your bench upwards a little. That way the safety bars are lowered relative to your chest by 3/4", and I find that I can rest the bar on the safety bars and it only compresses my chest by a little.

Squat + OHP tonight in my garage gym boys, what am I gonna watch on netflix?

Where are the Vietcongs?

>what am I gonna watch on netflix?
I've got a new bench so I'll test the height with that on first use. If I still have to ill try the wood

Documentaries are my go to watch in the gym. Brain gains

a power lifting buddy of mine is opening his own gym so yeah i can imagine it.
so far from what i know we got a bunch of calibrated plates, good bars, power racks and benches. trying to see if we can get something for oly lifting

Imagine being such a huge NEET faggot that you can't fathom having $500 in your possession at any given time to buy a power rack, bench, and barbell set.

>smith machine
he didnt build a gym, he built a planet fitness

youtube.com/watch?v=skespZ_m6Qo

Get inspired, you fucking NEET.

Ah yes wagie, stay ragie you are stupid and unenlightened just unlike the NEET. I would like to talk more, but for alas work beckons you.

What's the h8 with planet fitness, they serve free food sometimes and I am new to the gym. Smith machines are better than benches anyway as they are better for form, meaning you can actually lift without hurting yourself.

put shit under your bench to raise it?

>wagie
>i don't own work for myself
Well meme'd, friend.

as a dyel I never hurt myself with benches my man, just do it slowly and pay attention to how much you can hold

You took the bait newfriend

I just gave some advice, is replying to bad posts "taking bait"?
Did I take your bait, mister?

kill yourself

yes sir, right away~

Pros
>Not having to wait for equipment
>not having to smell smelly people
Not having to worry about being embarrassed trying new exercises

Cons
>not getting extra motivation from seeing other Bros pushing themselves
>not seeing all those qts in yoga pants

You don't, you work for ol' Sheklestein even if you are self employed

You forgot
Com
>People won't watch me lift

>Only gonna live where I am for another 2 1/2 months
>Been using apartment complex gym cause I wasn't strong enough for real equipment to matter much
>Finally at a point where I need more than the gym provides
Is it worth signing up for something or should I just stick it out?

>>not seeing all those qts in yoga pants
My mom brings me creatine sometimes.

pfft. So filthy rich and you just want a squat rack.

I'd have my huge ass gym, only let ronnie coleman workout there so i can hear all his funny sounds and my gym would be next to my bowling lane that does not have any mechanical devise to reset the pins. Just an old dude quickly replacing the pins.

She wants to d

yeah man you need a bit of life and qts to motivate you

>squat rack
>bench
>platform for diddly
>treadmill
>heavy bag
>pull up and dips bars, along with a belt for weights
>weight rack

can't think of anything else

My fav part of this is the playlist. Music can be a huge motivator if used strategically

only if you can transfer your membership to another location. if not, i wouldn't. i would just pause at the end of reps for added difficulty

I'd still go to the gym.

I had a small home gym that consisted of a power rack and bench and enough weights for my lifts. I can't get motivated lifting at home by myself though. I really enjoy going to the gym, talking with the regulars, working out with my bros, sitting in the sauna and showering afterwards. I see the gym as this ultimate place of relaxation, stress relief, decompression and self improvement.

Implying Mark "Gook Gutter" Wahlberg would allow any rice commie near his property

How long are you supposed to wait between sets?

I do curls and stuff at home and sometimes they're like an hour apart because I get busy. Am I losing gains

My rack is at an awkward height for safety bars as well. Too high for full ROM and too low to not hit my chest. I put it low enough so if I have to dump flat bench I can put the weight on my neck and turn my head to slide under it. it just werks

Why don't you try raising your bench like some of the other anons itt

Don't even need a rack.
Just a squat stand with some adjustable safeties.
Rogue makes a couple of really good ones.

is it possible to OHP in a powerrack? i´m thinking about buying me one for my homegym,but the question emerged if when standing up (being 6'2") the bar hit the upper bound of the rack? and no, i dont want to do the seated version like a faggot..

Building a gym at your home =/= home gym. Gonna run you $100k at an absolute minimum, assuming you already have the land/space to build it.

depends on the height of the particular power cage you plan on buying. some are tall enough, some are not.
you can also simply take the barbell outside of the rack if its not tall enough for a fully extended OHP

>you can also simply take the barbell outside of the rack
thats hardly sounds suitably for my autistic mind...

Just do it outside the rack? Put the liftoffs on the outside instead of inside.

i'm buying one in my basement and i only make $23k/yr

what's wrong with your finances?

how so?
its not like you need safeties or anything for OHP.
you put the cups/bar holders on the outside at your normal height, do OHP and thats it.

not this massive but you can afford to build a large home gym off 50k per year if you are good with money. really not too hard.

I imagine he implies 'home gym' as more than a full cage, weight set and bench

are you buying cable crossover, leg press, back extension, standing/seated calf raise, chest bench and ironmaster DBs as well? because that's $1000 for the cage, 300lb plates and bench + another $4000 for the rest

>its not like you need safeties or anything for OHP.
no but i have to take the barbell out...and put it back in after... well ok,after writing it down it sounds a little bit retarded..
any tips for a good power rack brand?

it takes like 30 second to pull the barbell to outside the cage and to put it back.

What is your price range?
I just bought a Rogue squat rack, but they are definitely more on the expensive side

powerline ppr200x
rogue r-3
titan t-2
IM1500 but if ur autism about OHP outside rack this'll trigger u

this is how the benches at my gym are already set up. Works just fine

Even if I had all the money in the world.
I can't see how I'd benefit from more than pic related. Even this much is overkill.
Even with top of the line gear, I doubt it'd be more than 20k.

>>not seeing all those qts in yoga pants
This is deadass the reason I usually go to the crowded uni gym further away instead of the adequate but always empty one at my apartment complex.
I'm that much of a pathetic loser.

And the alternative is to sit at home and let your parents take care of you, like you're still in diapers.

Have fun with that.