Gym autism thread

>be me
>today
>filling out form to finally get gym membership
>mummy went in earlier while I was in college to fill out most of the forms
>my name on the sheet is her name
>they take a picture
>guy behind me (the owner I think) tells me to do the west side signs with my hoodie up, shouts this at me 3 times before I realise he's talking to me
>say "ho yeah ok heh" *voice break cut off*
>get pic taken halfwaythrough putting them up so my picture looks like I'm having a spasm
>the name on the gym card is my mums name

another story from today

>was going to do legs today
>see power rack
>walk to it
>can't figure out how to get that shitty neckpad off and can't figure out how to get the barbell to be straight instead of -\_/- (I checked around for a normal straight barbell, or piece for one and only on the benches they were there)
>after staring and touching the power rack and walking around it, people started to stare at me
>walked off and just did upper body day with some cardio

anons help me do I have autism (I'm extroverted believe it or not/aka I like being around people and talking all the time but unless I get to know them I have crippling social anxiety) or is this just infliction from an abusive household

also how the fuck do you get the big wide safety "pins" (it's more like a fucking long black brick) to move, and where the fuck do I get a normal barbell from - I can tell some oldfag just put that shitty neckrest and that weird zigzag on there to be a dick

i have no clue what i just read

Chill bro thats not autism, you're just uncomfortable in a new place. Just ask any random older guy for help, they're usually nice and laidback.

my brother is an aspie though and I have a feeling it sipped into my bloodstream

also this is the power rack they have in there
how 2 take the black holdy thingies and safety black holdy thingy off and move them? I really don't want to ask any random older guy for help because they are all fucking huge and I don't want to disturb their workout

Ask a buff guy, tell him its your first time in a gym and he will make you his protégé. You'll have a free personal trainer bro and he'll give you more than just fitness tips

user I'm nervous as hell, I'm going to stutter like a bitch, and he just wants to work out...

funny thing is one of the biggest dudes in there is my friends ex-gf's dad and he really likes my friend and he's seen me before but still too nervous to talk to him

reeeeee

A true autist doesn't question their autism in my experience

Nothing is going to go wrong, people in the gym are very helpful, just say some shit like "You look really strong I thought youd know how to take the things off" small compliments go long ways when you want people to do shit for you or like you.

Just approach your exs dad so it doesnt make things awkward, say youre tyring to improve yourself and tell him he looks like hes been lifting heavy or some thing idk say huge forearms or w/e. Then just get back to your workout. Or day that youre going to use his routine once you get stronger, it leaves a positive impression about you

I was also like that user, huge anxiety still am. Now big muscles makes me mysterious not weird. Quiet not shy.

>"n-nice ass"
>what the fuck did you say to me?

user this is England btw, anything remotely like that is interpreted as homosexual, and if you're from England, where the fuck do you live that people will not tell you to fuck off for saying something like "nice arms" or something

c-can you save me my 2 months of building up the courage to talk to him and just tell me how to remove the pins and shit from

I live in Texas, people are responsive to compliments.

There's usually a hook or pin the the back that you can pull out to remove.

>where the fuck do you live that people will not tell you to fuck off for saying something like "nice arms" or something

Pretty much anywhere in the world

>I live in Texas, people are responsive to compliments.
I hear Texas is even nice as fuck for America

think of how it is compared to a cold dull country like England

they say in my region of the country only 6% of us are friendly

>There's usually a hook or pin the the back that you can pull out to remove.
thank you user, will look for it next time, gonna invest in some binoculars so I can look closely where to pull etc from afar and make a plan for getting the barbell on my back

americans and mainland europenises are very friendly compared to us mane, with exception of the french maybe, come south england and see the friendliness

>go to gym yesterday to work legs
>fucking packed again
>why is it so bad now
>get pissy
>nearly starting REEEing under my breath
>do goddamn hack squats because I couldn't get a rack
>notice gym is now 7:3 women to men nowadays somehow
>so much ass
>get into a daze of perverted rage
>can't focus at all now
>leave gym 40 minutes early

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

>go to gym late
>fedora tipping DYEL wants to have my power rack
>asks me when will i stop
>tell him just started
>he waits me to finish
>takes his phone out
>he has Rem as wallpaper
>I tell him "nice waifu"
>he looks at me in disgust
>i walk away, then he follows me to the dressing room
>i dress in a hurry
>go to my car
>take a good shit
>it was almost as bad as his taste

What kinda bar are you talking about?

Lmao i think the ez bar

ahahah not even a member yet and the owner bully you

westside gang sign ahahahahah

Why would the ez bar be in the power rack though?

This whole post doesn't make sense...

literally just did all this exact on monday, but i cleaned and fs instead. girls were just chatting in a squat rack for 30 minutes.

Pretty sure he's talking about a safety squat bar. That's why he couldn't get the pad off either

>west side signs with my hoodie up
wtf is going on here?

Lol he means that while he was taking the picture the gym owner saw him and told him to laigh or throw up the weat side cuz op probably looked like an autist and didnt smile or anything.

>new bench max get it ready
>Tall Chad rolls in and sits on the bench right in front of me
>Facing me instead of the front where the mirrors are
>Why?
>First 3 reps ez
>4 is tough
>5 I stall halfway through... Chad shouts PUSH IT I make it, rack my shit
>Tell him thanks
>Notice he has earbuds in
>Silently mouth thank you
>If his sound is off he's going to think I'm even weirder now
>Nod at him 3 or 4 times and book it for the drinking fountain
>Spend rest of the workout avoiding eye contact like inverse Mario/ boo from Mario 3

Do many gyms force you to take a picture?

if ur lucky he'll but his bepsi in yoru anus
n no homo

>deadlifting
>two stacks of 3x 20kg plates to my sides
>guy walks over to take a plate from the stack
>I say "I'm using that sorry mate"
>he says "I'm only taking the top one"
>"no im using all of them.."
>he looks at me like I'm an ego lifter
>proceed to do 4plate x10 for working set.

Why would the guy in the boat be happy to see such a small island?

maybe he gets seasick

Just tell someone you're not used to the equipment and ask them to show you how to change it. If you can't do that just ask mommy to come help.

good on u user

>notice qt girl checking me out
>mind my own business
>she's on a weighted rowing machine I want to use later
>after she's done with it, I point to it and ask her if she's done with it (she has headphones in)
>she takes them off hurriedly and says yes and smiles to me
>i barely look at her, smile almost unnoticable back, and silently say "thanks"
> proceed to not interact with her for the rest of session

You took a shit in your car?

Not him but you can cut out a hole in the seat, the shit just falls out while you're driving.

>gonna invest in some binoculars so I can look closely where to pull etc from afar and make a plan for getting the barbell on my back

Fucking kek. Let me know how standing in the corner of a gym watching people with fucking binoculars goes for you.

You might be autistic. I would prescribe practicing social interaction x f

>I'm an extrovert but not with strangers
Don't worry, autists are supposed to be smart