Board is called History & Humanities

>board is called History & Humanities
>Is filled with STEMfags and NEETs without a college education

Don't forget about the redditors

I'm 4 credits away from a degree in psychology

>board is called history and humanities
>filled with retards and losers wanking about their wikipedia skills
Perfect, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Wikipedia is a legitimate source of information

but I'm going to university in March.
You can browse when you're 18.

Your self description is accurate.

No

so, you're 4 credits away from unemployment?

I'm already working in the field man. They need guys, especially ones as naturally tuned to this field as I am. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself though.

So you can't talk about history and humanities without an history or humanity degree?

>college makes you smart
>degrees make you qualified
>education makes your shit opions valid

I'm trying to become a tattoo artist senpai.

I got my degree in STEM, because I need to eat.
But I've read a lot about history all my life, taken college level classes on it, and it's always been a primary interest (even more than science), and I can comprehend scientific papers about ancient genomes and such. How does that make me unqualified?

t. high school dropout jealous of the college-educated
>most intelligent people don't go to college
>you'll be chosen for a job if you don't have a degree over someone who has a degree
>opions

>the "jealousy" meme
not even the guy you replied to but seriously, come up with something better.

It is a legitimate source of general information, but it's not a legitimate source for a wide and proper understanding of a subject.

>n-not even the guy you replied t-to

Listen here you meming fuckwit, I am the one who replied to you, and I'd like to make a retarded response.
Firstly, I fuckin hate you college intellectuals who think your so fuckin better than everyone else, you give our generation a bad name with you shit lazy attitudes.
Ya prance around touting the only thing you've ever accomplished in life like its a free pass for you to have no real skills or experience doing anything. All you've ever done was shell out 10s of thousands of dollars to all these jewish universitys so you could have an excuse to do fuck all for another 4 years.
I have to deal with you people all the time, ya walk in to my place of work not knowing shit, excepting to carry yourself around on your nonexistent wit, you look down on everyone around you and are generaly just a entitled shit human being.
I wish the technology existed to where i could smack the shit outta you through my screen , but it doesnt.
So I await your autistic reply with twichy hands.

Sincerely,
>go kill yourself

damn, cletus is mad, better watch out
maybe if you weren't too busy doing heroin and fucking your sister you could've gotten an education too
even fucking pooinloos and shitskins are capable of getting college educations, and you think we're supposed to take you and your sour grapes seriously? lol, you're a waste of oxygen

Your post (as anticipated)
>I hate smart people
>waaaaaah the Jews
>waaaaaah his college education actually gets him good jobs waaaaaah
>I wish I could beat you up because I'm not intelligent enough to respond to your argument
Fuck off, you pathetic loser.

>board is called History & Humanities
>Is filled with schizophrenics

Such crass comments, I thought your education would teach you better than to stoop to the level of insults me and my kind use.
I can tell you have no real people skills, just like TIM. Is that you Tim? I fuckin hate your face!

That's like saying you're 4 plastic McDonald's hamburgers away from a heart attack. They're shit but if you've gone this far maybe they're worth it after all.

>tfw humanist med student

>wagie buttmad about NEETs

I want to dedicate my life to helping mentally ill people. Why do people on Veeky Forums hate that?

Cause they're mostly sociopaths.
I served in my countries millitary and get called lazy for it.

How dare you live your life in accordance of what you want to do!

Wouldn't psychiatry be better for that?

>every person who goes to college is a retard
I dropped out of school when I was 16 and even I don't believe this

You're doing god's work user. Social sciences count under humanities.

As it should be

Not to mention the /pol/ fags

I never went to college but i still know more about history than you

thankfully weebs number very few on this board

Because psychology is a joke field. Get into psychiatry if you at least want to try.

>you need to spend tens of thousands to study publicly available sources to have a valid opinion

I've been to 3 colleges and 1 university, they've all been a waste of time even though I did manage to get diplomas. I've learned more just reading stuff on my own than actually going to college. Don't fall for the "college makes you smart" meme.

Oh that's a given, they sure aren't a science, no matter how many psychologist have tried to argue otherwise with me

>Social sciences count under humanities.
Since when?

A Psychiatrist is a doctor who prescribes treatments. One of the most effective (in the long term) treatments is psychotherapy, which is performed by psychologists.

Since they are closely related. Economics, ethnology, Cultural Studies, sociology, psychology go hand in hand with History for example.

No, that's /x/.

>he thinks the tens of thousands is paying for the study, not The piece of paper that proves you've studied.

>psychotherapy, which is performed by psychologists.
And psychiatrists.

almost done with my criminal law degree. guess people just like ranting of obnoxious shit. very few are worth checking out tho

Seriously, the amount of people who think history is just about learning cool facts from image macros is horrendous.

With STEMlords, taking a break from their important occupation with some idle fiction, mind you.

Employment statistics suggest your comment is true, congrats!

University is not a trade school. If you are looking for vocational training it's not a place for you besides a few job titles that require a specific degree.

University is a place of higher learning that should in theory (doesn't work i every case because they are too easy on the students nowadays) produce more intelligent indivduals who have a well-rounded general thinking skillset and are a boon to have in any workplace.

Fuck me I have a masters in History and I work as a software developer.

I don't want to prescribe people drugs, I want to teach them tools and methods to fix themselves without drugs.

therapy and drugs don't exclude each other. Every psychiatrist who prescribed me anti-depressants also sent me to therapy.

>because I need to eat
You're worthless, fampai. End yourself.

Not as worthless as all of you burgerflippers on this board. Enjoy minimal wage humanifag.

Americans and Canadians do. The free-for-all class enrolment and majors and minors system means you end up with broader horizons whether you want them or not.

In the UK, a humanities university degree is akin to soviet engineering schools. You get taught the subject and that alone.

How the fuck do you isolate history from auxillary sciences, a dozen of related humanities and social sciences, as well as maths and statistics?

And I'm in a central european shithole not a country with top unis in the world.

I really wonder what kind of "education" have those "people" obsessed with skull cringe craniometry shit. lol

You touch on them as briefly as possible so as to fit the curriculum into the schedule provided. Smart self-motivated students will use the library and online journals to expand their learning themselves. Most will cruise and game the assessments, which in my experience, are tiny 2000-3000 word essays you get two or three times a year, compared to the 8-12 5000+ worders across multiple modules we were doing in Canada.

I'm probably hella biased though, comparing a good Canadian university with the rank and file UK ones. I'm sure the top tier British ones are still more than degree mills.

>Come to Veeky Forums thinking the people would be actually informative and able to have a civilized discussion
>it's actually full of people who can't admit their opinions aren't based on facts and keep insisting on their positions even when everything they have said has been clearly disproven
Sad, even /int/ is better 2bh.

Was about to make a thread about the same topic

It's part of the /pol/reddit problem

Yah, I learned medicine from infographs

> I got my degree in STEM, because I need to eat.
Brainlet detected

SEETHING

This board is a godsend because it's a forum where people from different disciplines can discuss the topic free of policing. But it's also a free-access anonymous website which will reflect the demographics of the world at large. So you will get a lot of brainlets. But you will also get those who will actually concede points and learn things.

I secretly come to this board to bump every thread that has an anime image in the OP

Hello my fellow Psychbro.

>psychology
>unemployment
lol

/pol/ has driven away almost anyone with basic common sense (never mind intelligence) from Veeky Forums, and replaced them with rural dumbass alt-righters who come here because they get banned from just about anywhere else on the internet for their hateful bigotry.

This is the kind of abject stupidity I'm talking about. There is a shortage of clinical psychologists and mental health workers in general in America. He'll have no problem finding a job and earning a comfortable living.

Do you believe astronomy is a science?

>they are too easy on the students nowadays
I think it's something of the opposite. If general education requirements could be met by taking pass/fail courses, rather than courses that actually give a grade, there would be more incentive to actually take high-level courses in areas outside one's own field of study. It is precisely because universities demand students do well in these courses that they fulfill their requirements with easy bullshit classes.

Of course it is

>/pol/ has driven away almost anyone with basic common sense (never mind intelligence) from Veeky Forums, and replaced them with rural dumbass alt-righters who come here because they get banned from just about anywhere else on the internet for their hateful bigotry
Source?

Okay let's suppose I want to know if I'm mentally ill. What should I do?

>a degree on a subject doesn't make you more qualified to discuss that subject

as a neet I can literally spend all day every day studying history, why would I need to go to school for it in the current year

Yes but you being a Neet usually implies you're a brainlet

Self-learning anything has two major downfalls.

1. You could be learning outdated and debunked theories.
2. Your conclusions are not confronted by others (students or lecturers).

1. can be easily avoided with proper methodology, but 2. is indeed very important. It is very easy to incorrectly think you're qualified when you don't have to prove your qualification in a formal setting.

you don't need to be a genius to learn history, all you need is interest and the ability to read

Sure, but to analyse and connect the events and form a critical opinion on something you really can't be a brainlet, unless we consider someone who has just learnt by heart some dates and events a good historian.

NEETs are modern monks, we cultivate our minds with knowledge while peasants work 40h a week to support us

Sure thing lad.

Deiceive people for money, that is.

>STEMfags
Humanities majors are unironically subhuman