Howdy doody time Veeky Forumsizens! What's our favourite drink. Mine is pic related

Howdy doody time Veeky Forumsizens! What's our favourite drink. Mine is pic related.

tequila soda lime (TSL)

That first sip of the day...

Not my absolute favorite, but I like to sneak vodka into the gym via normal bottles when I'm feeling like shit but have to lift. Really suprised I've never been caught

Alcoholism sucks.

Kind of tooting my own horn but I'm very proud of this. Not a drop of alcohol since January 4th this year. My belly has already gotten smaller and I actually kind of get disgusted when I think of drinking, however cravings do rise up at least once a day.

tfw the sips rot your brain and you forget how to crop

Americans and this sweet tea shit, it's like beetus in a bottle, can't even taste the tea.

My favourite drink right now is unsweetened white tea.

Hamm's, PBR, or water

can you explain alcohol cravings? do you crave the taste or the feeling of being drunk? I only drink when I feel like I am forced to, like social occasions, and I never really understood how someone could develop an addiction.

idgi either, the last thing I want to do after drinking is drink more, I can only stand that shit once a month.

pretty sure you only enjoy sweet tea if you grew up with it. i'm from the north and the only people i've ever encountered who drink sweet tea are black people

I love craft beer and wine so I crave it for the taste and the alcoholism

i like scotch

S I P B O Y S

The feeling of being drunk associates with things I enjoy. Most of the time I drank while being on the internet or watching anime so I would have a rather enjoyable time. I enjoyed the taste of alcohol and the buzzed feeling of being drunk.

I've realized I have a need to constantly be drinking something probably as a habit I have developed of years of constantly drinking every night and throughout the day when I had a day off. Now I continuously drink water outside of the daytime and I can't kid myself, but I indulge in Coke Zero far too often, like now. However, I look at drinking Coke Zero after dinner a lot better than slamming beers or vodka and club sodas. One step at a time.

Recovering alcoholic/addict here. 9 months on the 16th. I tended to get cravings when I felt either mad/sad from a situation or overly happy. Used to drink to suppress feelings on either side of the spectrum. Now I really only get cravings out of boredom, which is rare cause I'm busy AF.

I've lifted in the past and got good gains, but I started working out again sober and can focus much more on my regular routine, eating right, and getting enough sleep. I'm in the best shape of my adult life. Fuck alcoholism dude. Some people can have a few drinks here and there but not me. I'll start with some IPAs and in no time I'm slizzin 3 40s of Hurricane in a night like a dirtbag.

In this past month what has absolutely shocked me more than anything is I can remember small details in day to day activities. My co-workers would bring something up that happened earlier that week and I'd be dumbfounded with what they were talking about. Now, it seems like I am remembering everything.

The thought of socially drinking has come across my mind twice, a farewell part for a long time co-worker and the Super Bowl. I fear that if I have a beer every 30 minutes or 1 hour I'll just start pounding them back like before so now I bring myself a bottle of Coke to sip on through the night or baby sit a Coke at the sports bar. I get made fun of, but fuck em.

Keep up the good work user. I applaud your willpower. I go to 12 step meetings to help me with my sobriety. It sounds like you're pretty strong on your own and know your limits and boundaries. If your friends can't respect your decision not to drink, you might need to find new friends. I still hang with some of my best buds from my youth and even tho they still party, they support my recovery and don't pressure me to partake with them.

Quitters

Alcoholism does suck, but Old Rasputin does not. If you're set on drinking yourself to death, you've picked the right beverage to axe yourself with.

>you might need to find new friends.
I know. I need new friends. They are all pretty immature and younger than me anyways

Think about it this way: you probably would have grown out of them at some point even if drinking wasn't part and parcel of the issue. People like that don't change much as they get older.

get on my level sodalets