My goal is to be able to do 20 pull ups with strict form i can do 11 right now if i consistently train pull ups on a...

my goal is to be able to do 20 pull ups with strict form i can do 11 right now if i consistently train pull ups on a good program how long would it approx take to reach 20 pull ups? i'm 6'1 175 lbs

Other urls found in this thread:

savannahstate.edu/cost/nrotc/documents/Inform2010-thearmstrongworkout_Enclosure15_5-2-10.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

see

i want my own thread nobody really replies in that thread and when somebody does it very briefly answers my ques

Try Grease the Groove. Do 50-80% of your max pullups 4-6 times a day 4-6 times a week. Retest your max every 2 weeks. You could probably reach 20 in a month or two.

is grease the groove more effective than the program i'm doing currently?
here's the program
savannahstate.edu/cost/nrotc/documents/Inform2010-thearmstrongworkout_Enclosure15_5-2-10.pdf

>4-6 times a day 4-6 times a week
what do you mean by 4-6 times a week 4 to 6 days out of the week?

I bet you could get to 20 pullups strict form faster if you did weighted pullups and less. Like if you could do 10 pullups with x amount of weight you could do 20 pullups with none and you could progress to 10 pullups with x amt of weight faster than to 20 with no weight added

This

I've been slowly adding weight to my pullups and it's been paying off

Do 4 to 6 sets of pullups spread throughout the day, 4 to 6 days a week.
Maybe, I don't know. Everyone's different. Stick with that one for a month and if you don't get to 20 try GTG.

i don't know how to program weighted pull ups, i haven't found a program specific to increasing your weighted pull ups so i've just been doing this

Don't be a chump 2-3 times a day do your max, have one rest day a week if you feel the need, you'll be up to 20 within the month I did this with my legs parallel to the ground to work my core aswel in training to be able to get to a handstand from sitting cross leged into a handstand with just my arms and in a month I could do it and pump out a few handstand pushups. Never really do waited training, only use the bench press to show people how much I can bench and sometime I use dumbbells for isometrics.

20 strict pull-ups here, 115 lb weighted 1RM. It's been my experience doing more reps is better for being able to do more reps. Weighted pull-ups will have some carryover for sure, but I pushed from 13 to 20 within a few weeks by doing a bunch of fucking pull-ups.

few week what the fuck
were you already strong at weighted pull ups how did the hell were you able to go from 13 to 20 in a few weeks i'm busting my fucking ass doing pull ups everyday for the past month and i'm having trouble hitting 15 reps in one set

How many pull-ups per week are you doing total?

I did my 20 minutes of pull-ups program.

>Take your pull-up max
>Divide it by 4
>Perform that number of pull-ups once per minute for 20 minutes
>Perform this protocol 2-3x per week, increasing by 5 or so pull-ups.

For example, I think the first time I did it I did 3 pull-ups per minute, for 20 minutes. This is 60 pull-ups total. The next time I did 4 reps for 5 minutes, then 3 reps for 15 minutes, for 65 reps total. The last time I did this at my peak I did 115 pull-ups in 20 minutes.

This method lets you get a fuckload of pull-ups in a short period of time. I don't think training to failure is very useful. I can do 20 reps my first set before I hit absolute failure, then maybe 13 the set after that, then 10 reps if I'm lucky after that. Training to failure is really fucking hard to recover from as you go from set to set. In my experience, it really decreases the number of pull-ups I can shove into a single training session.

But yeah, doing this 20 minutes of pull-ups 2-3x a week got me from 13 to 20 very quickly. By the end, I was performing 200-300 pull-ups a week in my dorm room, not to mention the rows and shit I was doing in the gym.

it varies last week i did 178 pull ups total

i was with you until you typed next time i did 4 reps for 5 minutes then 3 reps for 15 minutes why did you change the rep scheme why not do 4 reps for the 20 minutes what if you can't complete the reps for the 20 mins

Because that's a jump from 60 reps in 20 minutes to doing 80 reps in 20 minutes. That's too large of a jump. You work your way up to doing 4 reps per minute for all 20 minutes.

Session 1: 3 reps/min, 20 minutes, 60 reps total

Session 2: 4 reps/min for 5 minutes, 3 reps/min for 15 minutes, 65 reps total

Session 3: 4 reps/min for 10 minutes, 3 reps/min for 10 minutes, 70 reps total

Session 4: 4 reps/min for 15 minutes, 3 reps/min for 5 mintues, 75 reps total

Session 5; 4 reps/min for 20 minutes, 80 reps total

It's not feasible to do 60 reps and have it be challenging, then decide to 33% more reps just 2-3 days later. You have to build up to that.

If you fail, then try to complete the same number of reps again the next time. I never failed though. I just quit once I did 115 reps in 20 minutes. That's when I could do 20 reps in one go, which was my goal to start with.

took pic of this, if i don't increase my pull ups to 15 with the program i'm running now after a month i'm going to try this thanks mate

np, friendo. I once had a version of this typed up that I screencapped and would post in threads, but it was on my old computer.

It should work well for you. I think doing a fucking shit load of pull-ups is a effective stimulus pretty universally. I may run it again soon just to see what is possible with it. See if I can get to 30 pull-ups with it or something.

Are you doing close or wide grip pull ups? Another user here, I can do like 4 or 5 pulls up close grip, but only 1-2 wide gripped

"Normal" grip, a bit outside shoulder width. It's what Steven Proto recommends. Wide grip just serves to decrease ROM, and tends to bother people's shoulders over time. Just do normal grip pull-ups. If they're too easy, do more reps or just add weight, like any other compound movement.