Pic related is the depth i can hit on squat without my pelvis rotating and causing butt wink

pic related is the depth i can hit on squat without my pelvis rotating and causing butt wink.

what can i do to fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0fN3NhZ5Ifc
youtu.be/0ecdkXfxQUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ask to borrow the gym communal plug.

Third world squats for a couple minutes every day.
For instance 1-2 minutes every time you enter your kitchen or.

holding it at the depth without wink or as low as i can go ignoring it?

Stop caring.

Buttwink isn't a problem provided you are keeping your core tight and don't let it relax.

i'm pretty sure it is the cause of my lower back pain once i try to squat over 3pl8

You aren't staying tight then.

don't do highbar

How do people get to 3pl8 without squatting correctly? Smh.

What has to happen in this picture to go lower? The knees will probably come more forward which requires ankle flexibility.

The hamstrings and lower back are in a war for control over the pelvis, and if the hamstrings reach the end of their flexibility they'll pull the pelvis into posterior pelvic tilt.

I'm guessing you have problems with back rounding in the conventional deadlift as well if your hamstrings are that inflexible.

You are a fucking idiot and you need to stop posting.

OP stretch your hamstrings. I guarantee you can't touch your toes

You clearly don't have a clue over what you are babbling.

OP you need to improve flexibility but also need to check how your anatomy works, buttwink is highly dependable on it.

Check this video where buttwink is explained and how to asses it

youtu.be/0fN3NhZ5Ifc

A simple test to see how wide you need to keep your knees before developing buttwink is doing this. Try different positions to check yourself.

youtu.be/0ecdkXfxQUA

try goblet squats. The weight in front of you makes it a lot easier to squat down low without lumbar flexion. Try it and see if you can get down to parallel. hold that position for a few seconds before coming back up.

Used to have the same problem and it did start causing back pain for me once I got around 2pl8
Found that stretching my my hamstrings, but more importantly for me, my hip flexors
I broke my pelvis few years back and my hip flexors were incredibly tight, now I stretch every day and don't have a problem at all

yeah i can't touch them. i'll start doing some pike stands every day

thanks, i'll watch them

i'll try it out tomorrow at the gym

which stretches did you do for hamstrings and hip flexors?

Try elevating your heels on some plates. If that helps, you might want to consider buying weightlifting shoes.

Foam roll every day and stretch and it will fix it.

For hamstrings not too much , mainly just pikes
Hip flexors things like kneeling lunges/lunges, but the main one is couch stretch. But to get the most out of them i find you've really got to tighten your core/ass

I recommend checking out the Reddit flexibility subreddit. Dunno if they still do but they used to run monthly stretching routines, and I just copied a few of them

if you can get down to parallel it means it's not a flexibility issue, so you don't have to stretch anything. Most people yell "stretch this and that" way to fast. stretching the wrong muscles (which happens A LOT) can actually make things worse

Shouldn't be necessary, that's just ignoring the problem, better to fix it imo

Use squatplug that doesnt bend and goes deep enough. Helps with the mind muscle connection and you can get deeper. For real, user

>implying buttwink has ANYTHING to do with tight hamstrings

kys my man

Alright, I'll give you actual advice

Stretch your hip flexors and your groin

I get butt wink if I have tight hips. Otherwise I'm fine

>You are a fucking idiot
No you.

Butt wink has nothing to do with tight hamstrings. Dumbass.

>butt wink
I vomit a little when someone uses this phrase. You are using too much weight while high-bar squatting incorrectly due to a weak lower back and core.

You can

A) Lower the weight to something that is manageable and consistenly bang out sets of 5s,8s and 10s to learn how to properly high-bar squat. In addition you start doing heavy-duty core work, good mornings and hypers.

B) Switch to low-bar and squat with a forward lean thus kicking the can.

C) Start doing leg press or box squats.

flex your glutes and quad muscles when you squat

>try front squat to avoid this
>still butt wink
you can't escape it!

>I squatted 3pl8 on my fist day in the gym: the depth

I can't believe there are people on this planet who are so inflexible that they can't even do the most natural motion there is

You are literally failed humans

This has nothing to do with "flexiblity" and "mobility" and whatever else is in vogue nowadays.

The rise of SS and its derivatives opened up the floodgates of under-muscled people trying to squat weights they are not ready for. I guarantee you that their legs are up to the task but due to them sucking at squatting and having weak abs and a lower back that has never seen use, they are being held back.

Most, if not all, of these buttwinks, squatmornings and whatever else comes up can be solved by using submaximal weight and doing direct ab and lower back work.

If you have a weak core, front squats will demolish you.

You should be squatting with the bar if you cant squat properly yet. Stop ego lifting and work on flexibility, you lazy fuck

I don't think it's that. A lot of people, including me, can't even keep a good back on an empty bar or without a bar at all. It has to be flexibility; I'm not THAT weak in the core.

you want the real redpill on this bro.

A little buttwink litteraly does not fucking matter. It's not putting your spine out of position, its just less than optimal for your hips.

Take a wide stance, use your glutes fully, and get some squat shoes.

If there's still a little buttwink it litteraly does not matter. Most of the best squatters in the world have some amount of it. It's mostly about proportions in who has it and who doesn't.

buttwink is literally lumbar flexion, so it does put your spine out of position. a little buttwink is fine as long as your lumbar spine keeps a neutral position. a neutral position is not one fixed position, but a range. Going beyond a neutral is what's hurting for your lower back.

Many people start the squat with a hyperextended back (which is not safe by itself) and it is pretty much impossible to go to parallel that way, so what happens is your lumbar goes into a more flexed position (this could be neutral or beyond).

So if you want to look if your buttwink is safe you need to look at your lumbar spine in the starting position and it's position after the wink.