Why are trainers such cunts?

>be a fatfuck with 30 BMI who spent most of my time watching anime and playing games
>sick of myself and decided to join a gym
>really nice place, right between my home and workplace
>did some digging and got interested in Rippetoe's starting strength program
>right after I joined the gym this trainer jumped on me and told me to do some cardio
>walk for 10 minutes on the treadmill then go to him
>"hey man can you teach me some things about squatting?"
>"haha no way bro you gotta learn about them machines first!"
>proceeds to force me to learn all these weird fucking machines for 2 and half hours, 4x12 sets each
>ended up lying to himself about me needing to go back to work
>puke on the way home
>elbow joints hurt like fuck for 4 days
>go there again and planning to insist about learning squat
>fucker said that I've only learnt about half of the machines and I should learn them all
>decided to go home without saying anything

What's with these machines? is teaching about their usage a requirement for the trainers' job or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9fUuUUYqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If not bait, not gonna make it.

Dont use trainers u tool. Youtube anything and everything.

Machines are "beginner friendly" because it is almost impossible to use bad form or injure yourself. But why can't you just ignore this guy?

don't be a beta and tell the trainer to fuck off

Tell him to fuck off.

I'd feel bad to reject him since new members get 3 free training program and the trainers seem very friendly with the other members in there.

Maybe just myself being a beta in new environment.

No

Tell him to fuck off

Be that only guy in the gym who bothers to use barbells and get jelly mires

Just go in do your lifts and leave ezpz

Also, checked

Grapefruit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qx9fUuUUYqQ

Just take it, listen to him and crush it. Get a routine from him. If hes an asshole thats his problem. You're fat. Get not fat even if you gotta deal with a prick.

tell that faggot to fuck off to the soccermom gym he came from or you gonna eat his child with sauce tar tar. machines kill your joints and your gains.

He may be friendly, but if you're actually serious about lifting and getting shape into he's wasting your time. A lot of people go to the gym just so they can tell themselves they "go to the gym", and they're content being uneducated and doing a bunch of reps on machines to "feel the burn". Compared to machines barbell movements are hard and take time both to learn and teach, so it's easier for trainers to just put you on the metaphorical hamster wheel that is machines + cardio equipment.

It's like taking a cookery course and learning how to pour cereal and milk into a bowl. Yeah you made some food and ate it, but you didn't really need a teacher for that, and you go to bed not having learned anything new.
If he insists on keeping you on the machines just say you don't want to. If he wants to teach you barbell movements then fine, but if not then you're done with him.

Trainers are there to help them do whatever they want and to keep them from hurting themselves.

They don't get paid to autistically shill powerlifting to out of shape middle aged women and men in the middle of a midlife crisis.
Fuck, if they did and they later got injured pushing the SKWAT R UR A PUZZY thing to a woman who just wants to lose a few pounds and get a nice ass his or her career would be over.

Simply doing any exercise for 20min - 1hour even if its the dreaded machines will do more to keep them fit then slavishly following a program that has a fairly high potential for injury and a hard ceiling that can't be crossed by normal people without inviting personal injury or dedicating their lives too it.
It's fucking retarded and insane to think the average person who fucking does not care about pr goals or sacrificing their own body to add 5 more pounds to a movement should do it

yea, it's called get the fat. muscleless, and uncoordinated retard to do the basics first before he tries to load weight onto his neck and squat down with it.

>basics

squatting is about as basic as it gets you dumbass

if you actually lack the observational skills to see why a squat is not a 'basic movement' then you're confirmed sub 100 IQ.

trainers look for new clients
you see it all the time, they pounce on you or dissuade you from trying SS because that's what normies do
just do your own thing, youtube proper form

I've only had one experience with a personal trainer and it was awful.

>working out in the gym
>one of the employees there approaches me
>it's some Indian guy who looks like he has never lifted a weight
>insists I get a free evaluation, keeps stressing it's free
>at first decline but figure what the heck
>get weighed and measured
>he gets me to hold this bullshit device that tells your BF % which was way off
>afterwards he sits me down and begins going through plans at $60/hour
>turns out he's a receptionist at the gym and a personal trainer on the side
>training sessions aren't even billed through the gym, in cash
>he is pushing me to sign off on a $500 plan for 10 one hour sessions with him
>mfw
>politely decline and say I have no money for the training
>thought that this weigh-in was just a free service at the gym
>he gets visibly angry and as I walk off, he says "it would be in good nature to tip"
>I pretend like I didn't hear him
>go home and call the gym's customer service line complaining
>he got fired

fast forward one week

>at work
>phone rings
>it's that same indian guy asking if I reported him
>he apparently got my phone number from the gym's computer before he left
>act as if I'm clueless, he hangs up
>never hear from him again

>000
Checked
Don't feel bad, just go in there and tell them you are going to start a program you found online and that's what you're set on. I've been to 3 different gyms over the past few years and every time you sign up they give you personal trainer to try to help you out and I've always told him no thank you. Now I'm bigger than most of the trainers at the gym.

Just YouTube form and practice with the bar only, hell if you feel the 20kg bar might be too much practice with the fixed bars.

They need to make sure you know how the machines work but that is induction. Ask your instructor if there is a free weight excercise equivalent of the machine each time he shows you one

>free
>asks for tip
20% of 0 is still 0.

any idiot can do a squat, you don't need to "master all the equipment in the gym" to do it. particularly if you're not loading any weight onto the bar. ffs he could even just do bodyweight squats

any idiot can do a squat, yet apparently that same idiot can't work out why a squat isn't a basic movement.

if you're being a pedantic retard and trying to use "basic" as opposed to "compound" then you can fuck right off, squats are literally in every beginner program there is

You're right, any idiot can squat.
The problems arrive when you start talking about squatting when it comes to immobile and injured and people with builds that make squatting as described by the powerlifters here a chore or very tough.

And that's not even getting into the fact that people are putting a weighted bar across their back. When you're a beginner with beginner weight and have decent flexibility? No problems.

The problems arrive when you get out of baby weight and into "intermediate" area. That's when it gets dangerous. Pretending that it's this 100% safe movement if you magically do 100% good form every single time is absolutely fucking insane.