Searches catalog

>searches catalog
>no qtddot

I'm starting TRT soon, and trying to figure out what my dosing should be. I know 100-200mg test E / week is normal.

Current T is 325 ng/dl. Everyone's different, but is there a rule of thumb about how much injected T converts to ng/dl in an otherwise healthy body?

For example 100mg/wk = 600 ng/dl?

Or do I just have to play with the dosing, get blood work, rinse repeat to find my sweet spot?

Other urls found in this thread:

hunksintrunks.co.uk/topless-waiters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Herniated disk in back. Minor pain. Been in recovery for about a week using nsaids and stretching while I set up a doctor apt.

Can I just bro out my upper body? Cardio? Or just take a long rest?

I'm currently in university. If I fail my degree and get Veeky Forums, how good is a job in the topless waiter business?

What mode should I be on to end up like these guys?
hunksintrunks.co.uk/topless-waiters/

I made a shake with some egg whites that expire in two days.

My question is, will the shake "go bad" in two days or else? I mean how does it work?

How much is 1pl8 in kg?

is being aesthetic basically just low body fat? does it matter whether you follow a strength program or ppl?

Is there any alternative to pendlay rows? Also, how do I fit assistance works like pullups and arms curl on my SL routine?

Kroc/Dumbell rows or in emergency a machine.

20kg

a it musce can help and you can look aesthetic with higher body fat but more muscle mass.

It's a mix.

>Herniated disk

do some upper body stuff.
Pull/Chin-ups + Dips.
Both will maybe decompres your spine and help with the pain.

i'm 6'1 237 lbs, should i be doing SS? Weight loss is my primary goal but I want to lift too. I'm at a 700 calorie deficit and i feel like im going to stall out fast on SS, is it still ideal for me to do as a beginner?

Best/your way to get a good (2xBodyweight (450 lbs) deadlift?

I like stronglifts more for body composition, cause the volume is a bit better.

But try it, read the book and go in baby steps.
Good luck.

Two 20kg plates plus the bar, so 60kg

How do I correctly combine playing basketball twice a week with lifting twice a week?

Hey lads, long time lurker, only recently started lifting seriously. Couple questions.

Am I really supposed to be able to initially make 5kg increased in my lifts every subsequent time I do them with SS? It seems too good to be true. Also, I found the "program" online, but it only lasts 28days. Do I repeat it, or am I meant to end it and move onto something else?

Can you suggest some ways to swim properly while maximizing cardio? I can only do about 7 laps of a semi-olympic pool before being worn out. Would it be ok to chill out for 10 then try again or is it pointless? I'd prefer swiming to running due to joint problems (I have hypermobility). I do it freestyle btw.

I'm not in control of my own diet (I live and eat at a residence). Would it be ok to simply eat a shitton of protein powder with whole milk to make up for this? I obviously can't calculate macros, but I could have more protein thanks to the powder, at least. I'm also pretty confident I'm getting enough carbs.

And lastly, anyone else doing phraktured's mobility/stretching programs? How were the results? I've not really noticed anything yet

much love. Also, current body.

How do I decide if I have to cut or maintain? I haven't gone to the gym in a couple of months and I'm out of shape. I just don't know whether to cut or focus on getting some size back.

Oh, and one other thing: Any good exercises for strengthening the neck? I need to add mass to it.

How the fuck would one include farmers walks in your routine? I know you're supposed to walk for a given distance, but do you do multiple sets? How much weight is enough? Should you go until grip failure? Are there better GPP exercises.

Try out what works for you. In my opinion, heavy resistance before doing low resistance or explosive movements, makes them easier for me.

Best obliques exercises?

Having some issues with aggression, taking basketball in uni for my PE credit this semester. I pushed him after he fouled me. He threatened to punch me. Its kind of amusing he's a pretty small guy, but I'd really rather not let this shit get to me.

So whenever I do squats now I don't even have to think about pushing my knees out, it feels like they naturally align. Is this normal after you've been doing squats for a month or two? Or am I pushing them inside without noticing? When I was new I really had to focus to keep them pushing out when going up.

You do multiple sets.

If you're doing it for conditioning, you want to keep it heavy enough that you have to work but light enough that you don't need huge rest breaks between sets.

Is there any guide for fruits and veggies?
For picking the best ones and also on how to store them and how long they last

asking this since I know for fish perfectly well, for meat not so much and for veggies and fruit I only know a few

for eg, I buy my kiwis when theyre hard AF so they last me a lot time and now theres one or two which I can feel is more than ripe, like perfect to just eat with a spoon directly but no idea if its fucked or not

see picture.
Go until grip failure smetimes and also try straps.

Try everything. SIngle arm carries, Goblet carries, waiter walks etc.

Farmer walks can be changing everything

Meditation and/or breathing.

Film yourself. Then decide. Maybe you're a natural.

Suitcase carry.

small cut to start.
Maintain and gain.
Then a good cut.
Asess new.

Beginner gain. Download or buy the book and read it.

Total immersion for technique.
To get farther try to swim 4 Laps rest a bit 4 laps rest a bit etc. (50%)

Do some protein around workout and try different timings. But you don't need a shit ton.

Mobilty takes it's time

Will forgetting which arm I started my set of dumbell curls with and doing an extra rep on one arm cause me to lose gains?

Im thinking this is whats really holding me back from making it.

Any tips for remembering which arm I start my set with?

world's healthiest foods is a great resource

always do your weaker side first

Can I eat fish everyday? Live in a small fishing tiny city so fresh fish erryday of all kind and I fucking love fish, even frozen one(shits super handy). I have a hard-on for Cod, basically our national food.

will I die of mercury or is it a meme

Wrestlers Bridge, neck machine, neck harness.

Look what arm has more pump.
It will be the extracurlarm.
do two more reps with the other arm and then watch yourself in the mirror, mastrubate with flexed biceps.

Generally the smaller fish that are lower on the food chain are safer, just don't go eating tuna/shark a bunch

I like to toast my day before bread but I also love melted cheese, how do I melt the cheese in a convenient easy way?

Toaster oven + cheese on top

Cheesetoast!

buy the processed shit with each slice individually sealed in plastic
put cheese in your pockets to warm it up
then when you put it on toast it's already warm so it melts easily

>Toaster oven

what is that thing? my toaster has some metal shit that I dont know the reason but it seems to put on top while you still get heat from below

I've noticed that, I would put the toasted bread on the microwave with the cheese on top and in a matter of seconds it would be melted AF but I dont really like eating that processed cheese despite being tasty, american cheese its called right?

Why is shit like white rice and regular pasta better than pure sugar again?

I love to cook with a pan but I want to stop using extra virgin olive oil or any other oil for the matter

how do I do this?

when you guys talk about hitting 1/2/3/4 for the major lifts do you mean 1rm for those?

My right arm and hand have been slightly numb and tingling all day since waking up. What could this shit be? Can I still lift safely?

there are other nutrients found in rice and pasta that pure sugar doesnt have.
also doesnt cause as severe of an insulin spike as pure sugar would.
thats a dumb question.

you should not be using extra virgin olive oil in a pan due to its lower smoke point and some of the flavor gets damaged by heat.
you should really have a little oil/fat in a pan to cook something, why do you want to stop?

yes

>you should not be using extra virgin olive oil in a pan due to its lower smoke point and some of the flavor gets damaged by heat.
>you should really have a little oil/fat in a pan to cook something, why do you want to stop?

it's traditional in my country and in all of mediterranean countries
I want to stop due to cutting so those calories from oil count and due to health concerns since high heat seems it causes harmful shit to happen

olive oil in pan - good
extra virgin olive oil in pan - not so good.

The two have different smoke points and purposes. evoo goes on food that is already cooked or doesnt need to be cooked (salad, drizzled on bread, cheese etc)
(refined) olive oil is fine for use in pans.

>health concerns from high heat
which come from smoke and burning which happens to EVOO because of its lower smoke point.

i generally use like 50calories worth of oil to cook things, its not that big of a deal.
Otherwise swap to grilling/baking as those methods dont require extra fat to not stick to the pan

always heard that even just olive oil is bad and I see everyone even chefs using extra virgin

How do you not stick the food to the pan? I like to put on max heat(mines electric so it goes from 1 to 6, I choose 6, put each side like a few seconds and turn to 3 aka medium heat I guess and let it, turning once in awhile) but sometimes it sticks even on my stick free pan

started cutting a week ago. doing pplxpplx. i have added 25 min cardios to rest days so it looks like this. pplcpplc.
so yesterday i couldnt go to gym. which means my whole routine has to get pushed 1 day forward. and i really dont want that to happen (cause autism).
so what i am planning to do is that i will go to the gym at 7 am.(push day). after that on same day i will go to the gym again at 10 pm (leg day).
do you think it would be bad ?

How many calories in average are there in a 20inch pizza slice?

I'm stalling on my weight loss and it's starting to get discouraging. I began in Nov. and right up until about Jan. 20th the weight was falling off. Went from 205 to 195. I've been at 194-196 for the past three weeks.

6'3, est. TDEE is 2400~, have MFP set to lose 1.5lb so my daily is 1710. I am usually right around that, never more than 1900. I am 100% positive that I am not overeating.

SL three days a week, walking 45 mins 5x a week. What is happening?

What do most people think when they someone doing zercher squats? Will I look like a retard?

Probably.

People will think you're a retard for doing just about anything. The question is whether or not the movement helps you, not what everyone else thinks.

Can anyone redpill >inb4pol me on the differences between resting burn and active burn in terms of Calories?
Also does this seem accurate for someone who has a physically demanding retail job at a lumber and building materials warehouse?

Cocksuck, I forgot pic

I've been curling dumbbells for 2 months now and I've gotten up to doing 8 sets of 10 reps with 40lbs, is that weak as shit for a 182lb slightly chubby 6'0 guy?
Is there anything I should be careful not to do wrong or am I doing fine?

How do I hide my penis at the gym? My whole package sticks out significantly and it looks gross when i'm wearing my track pants. Should I get a cup? I can't be the only one with this problem and I don't like to wear real shorts while working out.

Also i've been working out in the mornings. What's something easy I can eat to get energy?

What bodyfat do you think
is at? Curious because we look strikingly similar

You're trying to do a LP on a deficit. Nigger no.

Don't swing the weight.

I can't lift and lose weight? I thought I couldn't gain mass on a cut, but lifting would help maintain LBM.

Which is it?

Nigga you only need like a half serving of olive oil or vegatable oil to coat a pan to sear your meat. Most of it stays in pan after too holy shit your talking 30 calories of mostly good fat wtf

Lifting will certainly help maintain, but you are using a novice program with steadily increasing weights every session. It will work briefly and then you will stall and fail on a deficit.

You need a mini bro split on that heavy of a deficit - don't try to make vast improvements with strength while cutting that hard.

I bet he is right. When I first started I blew through the weights only to realize it was because form was pure shit. Swinging weight the whole works. Once I corrected form weight went back down about 15 lbs and now I'm almost to where I was with shit form. Nigga lock that elbow to your side and I bet it's a lot harder

Have thrown mine out several times. I suggest rest till you can walk/move around normally. Rest by laying down flat or another position where you're back is flat or close to it. Sitting is not good.

If walking is okay, I found that helped a lot. Once you're feeling a bit better do yoga.. it helped me a lot.

Above all, don't be an idiot like me. Know what your spine doesn't recover like a muscle. It's not stronger the second time around. If anything, it's more fragile

DO NOOB GAINS APPLY TO A PERIOD OF TIME WHERE YOU START WORKING OUT OR DO THEY AFFECT EACH MUSCLE INDIVIDUALLY?

>can i still make noob gains on abs because I never trained them even if i have been liftng for 2 years and stopped making noob gains on my chest arms back and legs?

What contributes more to bigger legs? Hamstrings or quads?

What is the "tricep" of the leg?

pls respond

Buy a good non-stick pan. Nothing with Teflon on it that shit will break down over time. I got a nice copper pan and I don't need to add any oil.

use spray, calories added are negligible

Where did you get that convenient picture? Are there other ones like it for other exercises?

If I can bb glute bridge 3 plates for 10 reps, then what should I be able to squat and deadlift assuming everything is equal?

I feel like my squat and deadlift are lagging but I'm not sure by how much.

Could be fucking anything. There's not exactly a perfect correlation between the three.

What's a good fiber supp. I am constantly at about half recommend intake. I have looked and feel bloated since I started dieting. Hoping a little fiber at end of day might help?

Before hitting the gym as a total newbie, would one benefit from some calisthenics beforehand, so he doesn't fold like a house of cards when starting to do squats, bench presses and similar? I personally don't get too much workout besides at my work, where I package bread into those plastic containers and bike approx. 20 kilometers per day to work and back, and I'd prefer paying for a gym membership and actually using the squat racks and such right away, instead of starting off with some calisthenics first if they're actually needed. I mean, all I've heard in terms of problems with squats is that you may lack flexibility if you're untrained, but I'm afraid there'd be a lack of physical strength too.
Hope I'm making some sense in this rambling, my english is not top notch.

Be honest, how novice is 2pl8 on deadlifts?
I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for this achievement.

No. you're being a pussy faggot. A gym membership is negligible cost compared to how much good you're doing yourself.

I doubt your abs are completely undeveloped if you're seriously lifting weights for 2 years, given you probably need your whole body to be somewhat developed to be able to push weights around. I suppose if you only did machines and absolutely nothing that affects torso, you'd get some noob gains, but I doubt you're in that stage now.

I started out about a year ago from a total DYEL sedentary piece of shit.
The first few times were rough, but you can do it.
Just the bar (only 20kg) is light enough that you can practice the motions without hurting yourself.

Good form was tough for me because I was so inexperienced, but persistence helps with that.
I did faggy quarter squats for the first few months until I loosened up.

Try to go with a friend if you can. It really helps

Doing faggy quarter squats sounds...persistent and like a solution, but how did it affect your gains? How much weight did you put on the bar during the period of doing those? How did the weight transit when transitioning to full squats, did you have to downsize the amount you were squatting?

Doing quarter squats I got to a bit more than a plate (20kg on each side) and then I deloaded to around 2/3 that and found that I could do a proper squat.
I've been going since then.
I'm above 1.5 plates with a real squat now

It's not very much as far as Veeky Forums regulars go, but I think it's good progress for me. Not just for the weight, but for the form. I was real stiff and inflexible starting out

Just getting out there and working on it is a good thing.
You'll soon learn to crave the soreness that comes with it.

I feel like my core is weak and that's holding my squats back, i do sit ups, hanging leg raises and some twists...

Should i add more volume on those exercises or try some different exercises to strengthen it?

Anyone know a good online supplement store for leafland?

How inclined are your sit-ups?

not inclined, flat on the ground.

Try inclined
You'll feel the difference after the first work out

Does bench help with pushups? I'm getting ready for the military with a ton of cardio and calisthenics 3x a week but my pushups are improving painfully slowly. Would adding bench help me out?

DO YOU FLEX YOUR ABS AT ALL TIMES? Is this seriously a thing that I should be doing but haven't been

Up to a point it does. Once your bench is starting to get over bodyweight the carryover drops dramatically in most cases.

Yes, of course.
Do both though
Bench at the gym, push ups at home

It's somewhere between auschwitz mode and hungry Jack Skellington, both of which are below the DYEL threshold. Keep lifting though. Progress is all that matters. We all have to start somewhere.

That's what I'm going to start doing.
I've never lifted before other than fucking around at the gym and I haven't even done that in 7 months so my bench is only 88% of my bodyweight (retested today). I'll work on getting it to over 100% then.

It's fiber dude. Go to the grocery store supplement section and buy the cheapest one. Jus make sure it has both soluable and unsoluable fiber.

Why don't you want to use extra virgin olive oil? Those monounsaturated fats are great.

Does anyone have the chart or link to the article that compares all sorts of different exercises in glute activity?

I found this one but it's not the one (three pages) that has bb glute bridges and good mornings. I could have swore there was another one.

As a skinnyfat, am I in the wrong for cutting? I have some muscle but most of my fat is in my boobs, stomach and butt. Basically, should I just bulk up and cut when I get to bear mode or should I cut to auchwitz mode and bulk from there?

When people say squeeze your glutes when squatting does that mean keeping them flexed??

The carbs are still more complex than simple sugars and they usually have micros added back in after refinement. Plus you usually eat white rice and pasta with some other balanced foods, as opposed to a candy bar. Whole grains are better though.

It means that when you're coming up from the bottom, push your cheeks together to help you come up
Like in deadlifting

Yeah being underage and the combination of spiking testosterone, a sense of "I know everything," and a lack of serious consequences can make it easy to remember that assaulting someone isn't a joke.

sticky says to try and get 1g of protein per lb of weight. I weigh 237 pounds how the fuck am I supposed to get 237 grams of protein in a DAY?

There's seven days in a week brah. It shouldn't be that hard. Most people here lift 3-5 days a week and do cardio 3-5 times a week on top of that.

Either that or stronglifts. You'll be surprised by how much strength you gain while losing weight from fat mode.

Most expiration dates don't mean the food is bad at that point. It's a date to protect the brand and store's asses. They won't guarantee the freshness after that date, so if oh get sick, you can't sue or get a refund. Also, why are you making shakes with eggs? Is your life a 80's B movie? Milk, oats, yogurt, bananas, peanut butter, and whey.

1 gram for lean mass. Not your fat .5-.8 a gram per pound of your total weight will do

1g/lb of lean bodyweight fatass. Multiply your weight by your bodyfat percentage in decimal form, then subtract that from your total weight. That's your lean body mass. Also, most health agencies recommend 1.6g/kg of bodyweight for extreme athletes. Lifters really overestimate their protein needs. Probably.

ah im retarded, okay thanks guys

Does wearing kneesleves make me a pussy and or give me a false sense of security?

I don't squat much ~325lbs but my knees naturally have some lateral wobble and wearing kneesleave make me feel steadier while squatting. Do they act like a crutch like a belt and do people judge me? Thx