Could the average Veeky Forumsizen surive 9 weeks of basic training?

could the average Veeky Forumsizen surive 9 weeks of basic training?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-nSy1MTP1Os
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't all average citizens go through basic training to become a soldier? food for thought.

Heh, would basic training survive 8 weeks of me?

>basic training
literally glorified PE

What branch? Army is easy. Everything goes up from there tho.
I can safely say I wouldn't survive Ranged or Navy Seal stuff.

I survived basic training before I got Veeky Forums.
In fact it was one of the reasons I got fit. A few years after my mandatory military service I noticed that I missed the feeling I had when I was better in shape, so I started training again.

Marine basic is a bit more than just physical. Plus it is 13 weeks

Are you saying AF and Navy have harder basic training lmao no. I'll agree Marines probably do though.

yes

The idea of basic training is to get the average faggot fit for army

no

Mine was 17 weeks

Went to Navy boot camp thinking I would have a hard time at 5'9 and around 200. I was was one of 10 out of 80 dudes to pass the first physical test that required 50 push-ups, 60 sit-ups, and a mile and a half in 12 minutes. I was in terrible shape but apparently the general public is in worse shape. So no the average Veeky Forumsizen is not going to make it without roids.

how ez is AF basic?

I went through basic training easily when I was a 130lbs hungry skeleton that ran a 12 minute one mile assessment in the first week. By the end I was running 13 minute two miles

They work you so much that its almost impossible to not get in shape enough to pass

Whereas my mandatory military service ruined my back and got me unfit

Mandatory service 8 or 11 months in total, 12 weeks basic in my cunt. Once you get used to it, it isnt that hard. While doing it I hated it, now I miss it.

>average Veeky Forumsizen
>surviving anything involving cardio

It's hilariously easy, you're allowed to pull stress cards and take breaks

TFW cancer survivor.

>Can't be drafted
>Can never be real military
>Any job would be desk riding

Basic training these days is a joke. The only way you'll not make it is if you don't want to.
Besides the whole point is to break you down and start building you back up.

> TL;DR
Yes, anyone can do it.

Depends, but if you're talking regular army shit then yeah, the idea is to take the average guy and turn him into something that's at least acceptable enough to do what they're told. Hell, even the minimum pull-up requirement to get into marine boot camp is 3.

thank you satan
will it be easier if I'm going in as a commissioned?

Basic training is designed with the lowest common denominator idiot citizen in mind. It's meant to bring you up to at least a 180 on the PT and get you psychologically conditioned to the lifestyle. As long as you want to make it, aren't literally retarded, and manage not to hurt yourself, then you will make it.

nope
id say a third of people here are fatties cutting weight which means they'd be useless in cardio, and another third is people avoiding cardio entirely and just bulking

What's your rating?

Most people make it through basic training. It's long because they build you into a soldier.

That said, chicken tendie NEETS probably don't have the mental fortitude to make it.

They don't even do pushups

>that pic
>a thick thread overrun by brapposting
Anyway, last I checked, yes. Can the average Veeky Forumsizen survive the FBI PFT?

Basic is easy as fuck. It's certainly unpleasant, but the passing standards are low and they give recruits so many chances to pass all the things that are actually requirements it's borderline absurd.

Why does the US have such short training?

OP said basic training.
The training everyone does before you get actual training related to what you will be doing.

Germany?

PE and hiking a lot? Yeah can do

In the UK, basic training at a minimum for everyone is 14 weeks, even longer for fighting forces.

In countries with mandatory enlistment yeah, US doesn't

nah, some european countries have you tested for fitness (of body and mind) first. And even if you pass the test (think of it as the examination you get when you get life insurance coupled with an intelligence test and a psychological exam), you get the choice between military or social services.

Atleast you are alive

How the fuck is that hard? I dovthat as a warmup for every kickboxing session

Could be done in 5 min, no? Idk I can't run.

If you don't eat proper, sleep well and just do body weight exercises, then how come army guys can get big?

Typically they lift in their off-time.

Plus the army tends to feed people fairly well. It's not gourmet but they don't skimp on the calories.

But wouldn't they burn it during all the cardio?

In the US you have your basic training, then you go on to another month or so of combat training. However if you are in a combat MOS then you go to ITB which lasts 2 months or longer making you a basic 03whatever.

This is only for the USMC not sure about the other branches. Also if you get a more in-depth combat job you could be at your school for a long time (something like recon).

is this a screenshot from the human centipede?

Literally anyone can get through basic, I've seen both fatties and borderline Auschwitz mode do it.

US came to the realization that in-unit training was literally smarter.

No. You need a lot of cardio to strip muscle. Very few people who aren't specifically training for distance sports will manage it.

How can I prepare myself for basic training in advance? How much should I run everyday and is SL enough?

What branch?

In fact, I wanna prepare for the French Legion.

That's a remarkably bad idea, unless you've already made a spectacular mess of your current life.

Eh, no idea what their standards are sorry bud.

>Beep test (Luc léger in French, see Multi-stage fitness test; a rhythmic running between two points that are 20 meters apart from side to side; running speed is determined by audio beeps at set intervals with increasing frequency – you have to complete at least 7 levels)
>Pull-ups (make at least 4 pull-ups)
Of course they expect you to do much more. In the ending of Basic Training they run 80km with a heavy backpack and must do in a certain time.

>80km

lmao are you retarded

I think some would struggle with the hygiene and discipline side of things. Basic military training isn't just about physical fitness but mental fortitude too.

Enjoy being beaten up by rapists and murderers. Especially if you don't speak french

In 2 days.
You learn french during basic training.

Yeah and you'll get the shit kicked out if you until you can speak it.

"were going to Fuck you in the ass every day until you're smart enough to explain why we shouldn't be doing it"

I can use this time to learn french as well. I'm planning on going in May so I have 3 months to learn a bit of French and get fit for the basic training.

I'm only going to wish you good luck. It was something I seriously considered when I had been jobless for a year after leaving the military.

I just hope you've done your research and not just watched movies.

These tests are a joke though. I got through that as the lord of skeleton and even got full points on sight because they test you with your glasses. (i have 8 dioptre)

>9 weeks

wtf mine was 22 weeks

Tfw 21 days left of your 2 years mandatory service, though its a giant waste of 2 years, I can honestly say it changed me for the better

I did and I've watched documentaries, videos on YouTube, went on Cervens and such. What I'm mostly afraid is that, as a civillian, it'll take me longer to get in the right mindset the Army requires.

Go in expecting the worst.

The army mindset is laugh at the absurdity of things. It's a case of if you don't laugh, you'll cry. I spent ten years in the military and the attitude of not taking g it or myself too seriously helped me. Obviously there are times when you need to be serious but you'll pick that up.

Remember that when you've had an absolute beasting because your boots were not shiny enough or some shit that you could not have avoided that no matter how shiny your boots were. Understand that it's nothing personal. It's about trying to break you down to test your fortitude under stress.

It's all just a game. Learn to play it.

>and a mile and a half in 12 minutes

Fuck that with a rusty rake repeatedly.

Oh man I remember when we had to line up and endure some stupid shit for some bollocks reason. My mate and I stood face to face. We looked down the line and everyone was super pissed because we were about to waste at least 2 hours on stupid bullshit. You could really see the horrible mood in their faces. Then we looked at each other and we had to try sooo fucking hard not to laugh at the absurdity of it all. It was really funny. 58 people making a face like someone just shit in their food and two idiots trying their hardest not to make their giggling too obvious.

What I'm trying to say is: That guy got it right

>the examination you get when you get life insurance

>tfw you bought life insurance online and all they wanted was age and smoking status

Yes. You have no idea the amount of fatties and uppity basement skellies that make it through basic training.

>Basic training these days is a joke.
You mean as opposed to the times where we were in a draft and took any able bodied pussy off the street?

>beasting

Aussie or pom?

It's more mental than physical, even more so with schools she RASP and SFAS. There, a high level of fitness is mandatory, but so is a considerable amount of intestinal fortitude. It isn't uncommon for people to lose 15-20 pounds during Ranger School... Something I bet Veeky Forums wouldn't be up for.

Absolutely
Basic training is basically a day care for autistic 20-30 year olds with some bodyweight exercises and marches

Physically yes, mentally no.

No. You do the exact same thing, and the instructors have to approve you as a leader.
>had 2 NEET fags in my basic
>1 got voted out twice and kicked out the army because he was such an autistic retard
>other had several mental breakdowns but he was really nice so everyone liked him and helped him out of pity

Can confirm, had like 3 people who were given 6 attempts at the final shooting qualification, and still failed. Bear in mind that one attempt you get 40 rounds, and must a least hit 23/40 targets that pop up. It's ridiculously easy to pass but not if you're retarded I guess.

>stress cards
Next on the things that don't exist
>user's gf

AF no but I'd say navy and army's are about even

The cards do exist fucking retard

Basic no problem. Ranger school, special forces, any SOF actually, probably not. I do pretty minimal cardio right now, 1 8 minute mile a week.

Pom

Basic training was the best part of serving. Maybe I'm weird but it's funny seeing your mates suffer through over the top punishments and movie style insults. Even if you know you're next.

Nbc training was my fave. Fucking he'll its good watching somebody take the full effects of CS gas.

My sense of smell was pretty much ruined by nitric acid in high school. Is that going to be a problem in the infantry? I'm always the last guy to notice gasoline or farts or dog shit.

I can keep my own ass clean, but I'd hate to get drummed out because I failed to notice something.

Look at this. It tries to make it seem hard, and this is the hardest shit they do.

youtube.com/watch?v=-nSy1MTP1Os

The AF should just be a contractor branch, it's a waste of time calling them soldiers.

I don't really think it should be a problem. The moment you smell something dangerous you're already dead with modern bio/chemical weapons anyway.

>60 seconds for push ups
>70 seconds for sit ups
That would give you 3 minutes and 50 seconds to run a mile and a half, let's divide that into 6 laps (400m each), which would give you 58 seconds for each 400. Seeing as the world record for the 1600m itself is 3:43, adding 2 more laps at that pace would give you a time of 5 minutes and 7 seconds.

So in other words no.

>average Veeky Forumsizen
The answer is no.

There's commas for a reason, idiot. The sit ups and push ups aren't factored In to that time (though they are probably timed).

man your dumb

Lol...without roids? That's stupid easy. Fuck man. Your 1 1/2 mile time is fucking piss poor to make too. Should cover about 2 miles in that time.