Remind me why you don't do snatches every single day of your life?

Remind me why you don't do snatches every single day of your life?

No lift comes close to working as many important groups at the same time.

I'm askeered to

I alternate them with CJs

t. weightlifter

Imagine compound lifts as percentages. For each muscle worked, work load is decreased. The more muscles you work, the less effective the excersise, and an ineffective excersise is a shitty one.

Because I don't have a lifting coach, so it would very likely result in me hurting myself.

>The more muscles you work, the less effective the excersise
this can't be a real post

>i clean 185lbs and am a weightlifter

You're telling me an exercise that isolates one muscle is as effective an exercise that works more than one?

Well look at Mr. Billionaire here with his bumper plates and own home where the landlord doesn't care about noise.

Holy shit I didn't know anyone could be so stupid

>clean and jerk
>eat bregfast anyway

I do them twice a week before CJs and heavy cleans.

>tfw 225lb CJ but only 145lb snatch

Honestly I used to hate snatches but then I got some shoulder mobility and I like them more than CJs.

Then correct me, why reply if its meaningless?

so true. also, doing anything less than 1RM doesn't work the muscle at all. My routine takes only 5 minutes, just do 1 rep of an isolation exercise for each muscle group.

Nah I'll stick to ad hominem

top phoff

I didnt say it does nothing, just less than isolation. Considering it works so many muscle groups, wouldnt it be less effective than isolation?

if you have poor form, then your other muscles will eventually take over part of the job of the muscle you're trying to isolate. If the muscle you're trying to isolate is the weakest link and fails first (while maintaining good form), then you're essentially working it as hard as possible while your other muscles are getting a free workout as well.

Hey now, I've only picked it up 5 months ago, and I enjoy it, why be a massive dick about it, user?

This should be obvious. Like putting a drop of food dye in a glass of water vs an ocean. If you're spreading it out it's not as effective for one part of the body.

>what is synergy
you're a lost cause.. stick to the isolations

Because they're rather crap for a lot of goals. Not great for hypertrophy because of the very limited TUT and lack of an eccentric, not great for overall strength because they're so power dependent and not that great for power training because of how technical the lift it.

Variants on them can make for good lighter work but the snatch itself is seriously overrated. Unless you want to compete in Oly. Then they're pretty vital.

not him, but come on now. that's like going to college and then self identifying as an "academic"

Because i don't compete in a sport that requires me to snatch
I do however do cleans though because sometimes I do have to clean shit

>the snatch itself is seriously overrated
True, but it's basically the only gym exercise that requires any amount of coordination and athleticism beyond brute strength. So in the context of gym exercises.. it's pretty important

5'11 vs 6'0

well power cleans and push presses both require substantially more coordination than, say, bench