Vegan <-> Aesthetics

Are these two exclusive?

I was thinking of stopping eating meat and eating seitan or tofu instead along with rice/beans etc and wasn't sure if I could keep my body in the shape it's in now.

Body wise i'm currently fine (slowly putting on muscle while maintaining cut as best I can), but not sure if vegan will kill my gains ded

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mvJHw64fxgQ
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22851546
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26935118
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16991129
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Putting on muscle while cutting
Not really how it works. More likely you're muscles are more defined now that you're losing fat.

Eating at a deficit will make your body drop mass, muscle and fat. Keeping a high protein uptake will help your body keep majority of that muscle while it burns the fat for energy instead.

> Vegan
It's a meme. There are benefits to not eating meat but there are also benefits to not going in the sun. You gonna walk around with an umbrella all the time?

Well I've been at 5'10" 160 for a while. Have breddy gud 6 pack. I haven't put on any weight yet, but I've been slowly increasing my carb intake.

Vegan cancer is worse than lifting plug meme

Vegan here

Do it! Remember that macros are a thing, meaning any diet builds muscle as long as you hit those numbers

this is what a vegan weightlifter looks like after ten (10) years.

Animal protein is necessary. Period.

if you tren hard and eat clen, you can do whatever you want

What the fuck is wrong with his face

youtube.com/watch?v=mvJHw64fxgQ

He's an old bean.

Is there any scientific reason I shouldnt be vegan?

I went Vegan 8 months ago (was vegetarian a year before that) and I've seen nothing but benefits

strengths gone up, recover faster, skin better, harder erections to name a few

course, all the gamers/hentai fans/teenage boys on here will call it a meme or b.s or some other buzzword, so whether you believe me or not is up to you.

You could just go vegetarian, and get your protein from eggs and milk (and legumes, but those are vegan too).
What's your beef with eggs?

no, nobody cares

you faggots keep making threads everyday, that's why people are talking about it.

Vegans have lower testosterone levels than meat intakers due to lower fat consumption, no? Why do you reckon your cock is harder? Better heart health/bloodflow? Considering going vegon myself.

Not true. Vegans actually have higher test. Just make sure you're not a low fat cuck and eat your fucking fat problem solved.

Eggs offer very litle protein

>posts one autist vegan "bodybuilder"
Yep definitely sums up the entire vegan bodybuilding community. Kys

>tofu
Enjoy your gyno mate.

What the fuck is wrong with his chest? Why is it so enormously smaller than the rest of his body?

cute that you guys selectively always post this weird looking yellow guy instead of other vegan bodybuilders like chad byers.

>pic related

>Vegans actually have higher test.
Top kek, because a typical vegan diet is so fucking rich in cholesterol. PROTIP: Cholesterol is only found in animal sources of food, your body can makes it's own but that is sub-optimal.

also, Frank Medrano

the problem with a lot of the vegan bodybuilders that were out there before is that the only people that used to be vegan were fucking weirdos.
see: There have been a lot of advances in vegan proteins/nutrition since then though and it's not uncommon to be vegan now. There are a lot of pretty normal people that just happen to be vegan now unlike before.

From his official web-site:
>I typically stay lean year round as a result of my training but for the most part it lingers from 4% – 6 %.
Yeah he stays at around 5%bf year round. Totally a natty, no for real, srs.

>Claims to eat 10% protein by calories,
And if you consider that no vegan can mix and match aminos as efficiently as just eating diary that means that is about equivalent of a meat eater taking in 8% protein by calories: even on a 4000kcal TDEE that's only about 80g of protein for a 6'4'' guy training about an hour a day.
>10% fat,
Again, that comes out to under 45g of fat for a 6'4'' guy who doesn't eat cholesterol. Yeah right.
>80% carbs.

I've been vegan since before I started lifting and was always part of my elite group in my year-round swim team. I started lifting and get very rapid progress thanks to my stamina and endurance background. Last year I met Nimai Delgado, who swears to the vegan gods that he is all natty and vegan. After a couple more years of lifting and the best cut of my life, my body would resemble his very much so except for my more pronounced Adonis belt. Anyway, check him out and discern for yourself whether or not this is a persuasive path for you. One you get the hang of it, you won't see meat as a food source ever again.

>Nimai Delgado

>IFBB Pro
>Not on roids
Pick one.

>There are benefits to not eating meat but there are also benefits to not going in the sun. You gonna walk around with an umbrella all the time?

Retarded argument.

>there are benefits to not smoke and drink but there are also benefits to not going in the sun. You gonna walk around with an umbrella all the time?

Yeah, and Simian Pandora also swear on his life that he is a natty. No reason to disbelieve him either.

Both statements are the same, pick your poison.

> Breathing oxygen oxidizes your insides thus speeding up your bodies demise. You gonna stop breathing?

Being vegan is the best choice you can make for yourself and the environment.

I think the main point is that this is a shitty argument which contains no real evidence. The very existence of vegan bodybuilders, the fact that the only male Olympic weightlifter on team usa was vegan, shows that veganism and having a noice body are not mutually exclusive. There are no dietary needs that cannot be met by a vegan diet.

Meat, eggs, and dairy are retard fuel.

true how long u been vegan?

2.5 years

good for you only 6ish months here

you won't get much support on here although at this stage you know your right

Nice dude, yeah don't listen to the morons on here.

oh man don't worry the goggles are off i can't see any going back. i think once you go vegan & you have seen the truth then you only wished you had done it sooner

ITT: cucktales

Probably not natty
Definitely not natty.
100% not natty.

he has meat occassionally but is mostly meat-free

desu i eat more protein than most meat eaters and ive been vegetarian my whole life. Never eat tofu or seitan or any imitation meat; dont like them. Tofu is ok if well made and i cant cook so ill have it like twice a year.
>but what do you eat
honestly same as most people minus the strip of chicken or whatever. i dont eat vegetarian-themed foods cuz theyre just gimmicks and expensive. Ill have whatever. Cereal, pizza, pasta, i love indian food; probably eat way too much cheese cuz i have stones in my kidneys but i like cheese. Only started having protein bars when the fridge at my job got too nasty to bring a real lunch. I eat almost a full 2 lb container of greek yogurt a day and i used to do the same with cottage cheese; not cuz muhproteens but cuz i like it.

i eat possibly too much protein from things when i count it up; enough to worry about the fact that high protein diets are linked to prostate cancer. Some meals are purely protein, with snacks that are too, and i feel like if anyything im missing other stuff.

>he has meat

i was referring to the golden one

are your referring to yourself in the third person?
are you asking yourself questions?
dude wtf

im refering to myself.
the "but what do you eat" is the question i get everytime someone finds out i dont eat meat, and its usually the first question in a post following one like this

Vegans actually have higher test
No you don't. Stop spreading bad science.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1435181
m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772
m.jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49

That picture is photoshopped to hell and back. It's pathetic that you would post that

>he has meat occasionally
Therefore not vegan and not relevant to this discussion, or to most other shit for that matter.

>you are vegetarian
therefore not relevant to this discussion

also if you have kidney stones maybe that is a decent reason to cut out the 2lbs of greek yougrt a day - and not your worry about some minor and potential long term effects on your prostate.

It is sad how impressionable young minds are. He's a pro bodybuilder. He uses steroids.

Also post a cbt.

Can you do it? Yes
Will it be a pain in the arse compared to just eating meat and dairy? Yes

If it's really important to you go ahead
Personally i'm not interested in being a vegan so i'll skip the headache

>Therefore not vegan and not relevant to this discussion

Not the guy you're talking to but if someone eats very little meat, once a month or infrequently, and is otherwise vegan, it's not such a factor in performance and physique that you could say that if they went from 1% of their diet to 0% of their diet being meat that things would be completely different. Meat would need some magical property to think that the results wouldn't be the same.

>Will it be a pain in the arse?
No, it's actually very easy nowadays, with so much information is available online, and so much vegan food available in stores and restaurants. As someone who went from avid meat-eater to vegan cold-turkey, I can testify that the adjustment is actually very easy.

Finding ways to hit bw/g protein a day must be annoying tho without relying on the same two foods

>bw/g protein

should we tell him, lads?

I'm a natty vegan who's been training for 7 months (just hit a 405 squat) and was vegan for a year before that.

Believe whatever you want.

Everyone on this thread is either vegan or is offended by vegans. Its a lot more work then with a meat diet. Especially if your trying to gain muscle like a bodybuilder you gotta figure out what amino acids certain foods have and where you can get the ones that that certain food doesnt have to form a complete protien. If your willing to take the time and actually eat clean making gains wouldn't be too difficult and it definetly would be healthy. Though you also gotta look at what nurtients dont come from plants. For example vitamin d or a is really hard to get without it. Vitiman b12? I think it is only comes from meat so you gotta buy that in supplement form. You'll get a lot of fiber which is great and your bad cholesteral will go down because there are few fats in plants. Though its easy to fuck up as you really have to look at if you are getting all your nutrients and what of which amino acids you need. Verses meat which is so much easier and still can be very healthy. Like a chicken breast a tonne of veggies and some rice is like the healthiest meal you can have. Its easy to get protien, just have a shake or some eggs. Just do what makes you happy. If you don't like how animals are treated and the fact that animal farms produce a huge amount of greenhouse gasses then go vegan. Just be careful. If you dont care then eat meat. I personally eat meat but thats just because its easier to hit macros and I dont really care about our animals, I know it bad but to me it isnt worth switching for.

Timestamp

> Its a lot more work then with a meat diet. Especially if your trying to gain muscle like a bodybuilder you gotta figure out what amino acids certain foods have and where you can get the ones that that certain food doesnt have to form a complete protien

you sound like you know what you're talking about. you must be an expert who has spent years researching this.

It is true though. Every single ex vegan natural weightlifter I've talked to has all said that they have much slower recovery than non vegans

The amino acid thing is old mom-science. There's no missing essential AAs in plant foods, and beans usually have good ratios. You get vitamin D the same place anyone else who has good vitamin D levels gets it; either exposure to direct sunlight or pills. Vitamin A is made from beta-carotene, which you're getting more than enough of if you have any vegetables in your diet, and beta-carotene is in many ways the preferred source since it's easier for your body to regulate and also has antioxidant properties. B12 is definitely something to supplement, but then it's a good thing to supplement even if you eat meat.

> Like a chicken breast a tonne of veggies and some rice is like the healthiest meal you can have

Why? I would say an even healthier version of that classic SAD meal is beans, veg, and a more nutritious grain like barley or oats. I don't think chicken is incredibly unhealthy but it's not "healthy" in the sense that eating it is good for you and improves your health. It's just not as unhealthy as other types of meat.

I agree that people who want to eat a vegan diet should be careful and make sure they're eating a balanced diet, but that's no different than anyone else. If you eat meat, be careful not to end up having a stroke or a heart attack or diabetes or cancer of the colon or being deficient in fiber, magnesium, potassium, folate, etc, as is common in meat eaters. The best way to do that? Eat more like a vegan.

>2017
>believes big food about balanced diet

Why do so many vegans spread nutrition advice that is wrong. The "amino acid thing" is not "mom-science" I know of people who went vegan and talked like this and had to get injections because they were at such a protein deficit. This is taught in nutrition collage and university courses. Hell take first year bio and they go over this. Just because you heard on some bullshit buzzfeed type website doesnt make it true.

You can nit pick at what im saying but I'm not about to list every nutrient that is difficult to get from vegan diets. Yes there solutions for most of these. However reaching the needed amount can be very difficult for most of these nutrients I'm describing.

You should never take supplements in replacement of eating it from food. Things like vitimans need many different components to be properly absorbed. Vitamin c for example needs rutin, bioflavonoids, factor k, factor j, factor p, tyrosinase, ascorbinogen, and ascorbic acid to be properly digested. These dont naturally come in your synthetic vitiman pills. These do come naturally in the foods where the vitiman is found.

Stop spewing this bullshit. If you go vegan you need to pay more attention to what you need to eat to stay healthy. You need to pay more attention then someone who eats meat as its easier to get the nutrients needed day to day. Eating meat isnt going to give someone a stroke or cancer. As long as this person makes healthy choices theyll be fine. Its the same as being vegan. You can eat only french fries and call yourself vegan but thats not healthy.

And what the hell do you mean by eat more like a vegan. Obviously veggies are an essential part to any diet. Nobody argues that.

regarding that last thing that you said, I think many vegan/vegetarians get to be a bit frustrated with pro-meat argues often do, at least implicitly by their actions

All of those are about vegetarians, we don't eat your cuckold milk full of estrogen

If you don't mind losing your manhood, sure go ahead.

Do you even English?

> The "amino acid thing" is not "mom-science" I know of people who went vegan and talked like this and had to get injections because they were at such a protein deficit.

Absolutely ridiculous. Name me one plant food that's missing an essential amino acid. If it's not just a widespread misunderstanding, that should be easy.

You're making nutrition more complicated than it needs to be. For nearly anything you could say a vegan diet is deficient in, there's an easy solution. You eat food. How the hell were you seriously trying to pass off "it's hard to get vitamin A" as a serious criticism? A fucking cup of carrots will do you 7 times over. You might also say iron or zinc, which is easy to get from beans, whole grains, and nuts/seeds. You would probably read that answer and think "see, look how much harder it is to get nutrients, you have to eat all this weird stuff." No, that's just what the core of the diet naturally is. It's not an extra effort, it's just what you eat.

> You need to pay more attention then someone who eats meat as its easier to get the nutrients needed day to day

Some nutrients are easier, some aren't. Meat isn't contributing to your fiber intake, meat isn't a good source of potassium or manganese, meat isn't a good source of folate or vitamin C, etc. People who include meat in their diet don't by default have amazing, nutritious diets due to the presence of meat.

>Eating meat isnt going to give someone a stroke or cancer. As long as this person makes healthy choices theyll be fine.

It certainly does contribute to stroke and cancer risk. Red meat is considered a probable carcinogen with a long history with colorectal cancer, and the saturated fat and cholesterol, just as it contributes to heart attacks, can contribute to stroke.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22851546
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26935118
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16991129

Exactly, think how much worse off vegans are lol

And "eating more like a vegan" means cutting down on meat, dairy, and eggs and relying mainly on plant foods, including plant protein sources. That's the typical diet recommendation of most health organizations. To improve your health, you're advised to substitute most animal-sourced foods, which at best do nothing to improve your health and at worse contribute to health conditions, for plant sources of nutrients which can help treat and prevent diseases. If you have a somewhat healthy diet, your diet shouldn't look all that different from a vegan diet, and you shouldn't be wondering how vegans can get enough nutrients.

>If you have a somewhat healthy diet, your diet shouldn't look all that different from a vegan diet,

>Everything that is healthy is "vegan-like."
Lol, the difference tiwh vegans is specifically the not eating animal products bit and not eating lots of veggies, avoiding processed shit and going for complex carbs.

Plus, I get about 2/3 of my protein from meat and dairy, all my dietary cholesterol, a good portion of my calcium, all my B12 etc. etc. from animal products - that's a pretty huge difference.

>inb4 lol meat and milk are full of this and that
If you just assume that I eat tainted food pumped full of steroids and antibiotics, then I'm just going to assume that you eat GMO veggies loaded with pesticides.

>vegan guy at work
Big guy. You think hes muscular nfrom his build but there isnt even a shred of muscle definition on him. Aways grumpy looking , neutral at bwst never seen him happy. Approaching 30s and still has acne problems over back. Vegan he said, never even once.

Any vegan lifter that doesnt look like shit on the net are literally non vegans or ones on gear who simply uses the vegan label for free popularity and subs. They know that people who buy into the vegan shit are retards wholl eat up any shit they spout

fuck off.