Are lifting gloves gay or legit?

Are lifting gloves gay or legit?

gay as fuck

incidentally, i've never seen anyone at my gym lift heavy with gloves, and almost all those who use gloves lift babyweights.

I use them so I don't get cals on my palms

they don't really help or provide a disadvantage when lifting

Depends honestly. If you have a job where you have to have soft hands (masseuse, physiotherapist, etc) then it's fair. For any other reason you just look like a pussy

I want some. I have hard callused hands which doesn't help like you think it would. The calluses are pinched and pulled by the weight.... sucks man.

same, my boyfriend hates when i try to give him handies with calluses

This. Its mostly used by people who spend more time on buying gym "equipment" than actually lifting.

I work as an assistant massage therapist in my thirsty aunt's clinic and prefer to have soft hands. Get "omg your hands are so soft~" compliments from time to time from girls I hold hands with.

Quite honestly even before I wore gloves I didnt think there was anything wrong with it of they are just cheap throwaround gloves, thats what they are for.

The only autistic thing is seeing guys wear some "elite" name brand super expensive lifting gloves like they expect it to give them an edge or something or want to draw attention.

their not gay. nothing gay about wanting to keep your hands silky smooth. nothing worse than having your bf complain about how rough your hand jobs are.

Same with pussy pads. Anyone squatting actual weight don't seem to use them.

>I use them so I don't get cals on my palms
>they don't really help or provide a disadvantage when lifting
If you're getting callouses on YOUR PALMS then you don't even know how to grip a bar correctly.

And yes, they do have a disadvantage when lifting. They change the effective bar diameter.

>thats what they are for.
There are lots of gym equipment that are for a specific purpose, that doesn't mean it's a good idea to use them. See the pussy pad example above.

Again, learn to grip the fucking bar. I don't mean you need a stronger grip (likely you do though), I mean your grip technique is wrong if you are having problems with callouses on your palms.

cals are a must have 4 aesthetics

do girls prefer men to have soft or rough hands?

Im sure it is subjective and differs from girl to girl but having had both semi-rough and soft hands I will put it this way.

I have and do recieve occasional verbal compliments on my smooth twink hands.

I have never recieved a verbal compliment on rough hands.

>they do have a disadvantage when lifting. They change the effective bar diameter.
then they make your forearms work harder?

Depends. Much of the time it just reinforces bad habits, like depending on the friction of the gloves to compensate instead of gripping the bar better. So you get worst of both worlds: bar harder to grip + not even getting a better forearm workout.

I find this to be true as well. I sometimes had girls who really liked my soft hands and had zero complaints ever.

Conversely, I have had zero compliments with my relatively rougher hands but also zero complaints.

Rougher hands tend to be just a neutral quality.

It may be different if you have some really heinous hands that you can sand wood without sandpaper. I imagine that would not be good for reasons.

what if you get calluses regardless if you wear gloves or not?

I use them for farmer walks and pullsups.

100% unnecessary. Honestly. I have a good pair, and I only use them for my kettlebells because the handles are rough as fuck.

That said, I haven't used my kettlebells in over 2 years. A barbell is all you need.

either this is really clever or fuck off, fagola

read rippetoe's guide on holding a bar correctly. you wont need gloves, and your callouses wont be noticeable. my callouses decreased after learning the technique

my gf complained once that my callouses didn't feel good when I massaged her, other than that I don't hear shit about it and I touch that whore all the time.

Learn to grip the bar you tard

gloves get fucking disgusting and sweaty and when your hands are sweating they're bitch to put on and take off. then they sit there festering in a pool of sweat. plus it's just another thing you gotta do all the time. and it doesn't even really protect your hands. the glove will rip the skin right off your hand with enough weight. you just gotta grip correctly.

>that guy who wears gloves, straps, and a belt to dead 225 for two

Every gym has one of these, right?

I have hard hands from years of working a trade. Literally every woman i've banged has said my hands are a huge turn on. I put that shit in my tinder profile and received loads of messages from girls telling me to pick them up and use my rough hands on them.

>So you get worst of both worlds: bar harder to grip + not even getting a better forearm workout
you're full of bullshit. Thanks for you inaccurate response.
>Learn to grip the bar you tard
When you're not a pussy doing high reps, calluses will form no matter what.

Yeah the thing is, how many people do not wash their hands. As of course the answer is enough at the gym to justify wearing gloves.

I wouldn't want to touch the same bar that some faglord with aids has touched.

Using them for farmers is fucking daft. It creates a moving surface between your hand and the implement, which fucks your grip up

>that guy who wears gloves for 2 sets of 1pl8 bench