Why are Asian obesity rates so low even in western countries?

Why are Asian obesity rates so low even in western countries?

Hardmode: NO FUCKING BRO-SCIENCE

Other urls found in this thread:

americanprogress.org/issues/race/reports/2016/12/20/295359/wealth-inequality-among-asian-americans-greater-than-among-whites/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Asians don't eat as much you fucking retard
???

They don't eat as much as other races.

Maybe it's a culture thing.

Not a lot of calories in dog

Why don't Asians eat as much when in 1st world countries?

no process foods/high carb foods/fish and protein diet

pic related, a small bowl is like 400 calories and 20-30 grams of protein.

The Chinese immigrant students that attend my college in droves get chubby pretty quickly after coming here. They look like penguins with their stubby limbs and extremely stiff posture.

Being fat will bring shame and dishonor to your family.

Don't eat as much
High activity is seen as good
Communities where they cook their own food and discourage obesity and the habits that lead to being overweight, whether it's fat or muscle.
Aren't directly..."attacked" by western advertisement or media so they aren't mindfucked into thinking the trash food everyone else eats is normal or what they are supposed to eat.

>muh ancient asian secrets to staying thin

There is no secret you fucking cucks, asians are just incredibly, INCREDIBLY body-conscious.

Asians have a huge amount of pressure on them by family to stay thin, it's not like other cultures where getting fat is not seen as anything bad.

Why is the whole slice of lemon in the pho?

Historically and genetically:

Poverty acrossmost of the population.
Lower alcohol tolerance.
Lower consumption of meat and dairy products.

After only 1 generation of dramatic dietary changes, you get noticable results. From the starvation in europe in ww2, to the more american diet in japan post-ww2 leading to (amongst many other things) larger bra cup sizes.

no clue my dude, lime is master race anyways

I'm Asian and chubby

Also 6'2" (way taller than my immigrant parents). It's American nutrition plain and simple. After KFC and other fast foods were introduced to China, people started getting way fatter.

EASYMODE: Masters in Econometrics

Asians are the wealthiest race on average. Wealth and obesity are inversely correlated, since cheap, high-calorie food is the easiest to obtain for low-income people.

Not only is being health-conscious fashionable for the rich, its also more easily attainable, since they can afford things like gym memberships, fresh foods, etc.

Not sure if this is bait or not, but hey, here's the answered filtered through a purely class-based lens. I'm sure cultural factors play a role as well. My analysis also has some holes in it (wealth inequality is the worst among asians - their wealthiest are wealthier than whites, but their poor are poorer).

extreme poverty for most asian countries.
12 hour a day work schedule which means they almost have no time to eat food.

don't get the wrong idea, there are a lot of fatasses in asia and a lot of people have high bodyfat % and almost 0 muscle mass, which is why asians have those 10 inch arms + pot belly combination.

asians are only rich if they're FOB/immigrants in the US with doctorate degrees you sheltered retarded fuck.

The average chinese/japanese person is a wageslave for 12 hours a day barely making any money and being alcoholic.

south east asia is full of dirt farmers.

india is full of dirt farmers and street shitters.

middle east can either be rich as shit or poor as shit, the richer ones full of fat sultan lookalikes.

probably centuries of tradition.

Asian diets, shame culture

I live in Chinatown and i've weighted around 110 pounds at 5'3 for most of my life after puberty.

Asian diets are generally healthier. A lot of the strange foods that westerners are afraid to try lack all aspects, carbs, calories, fat, sugar. Asian dinners usually include 1 portion of rice, 2 portions of vegetables, 2 portions of fish and 1 portion of meat. Fruits are eaten instead of sugars and dairy. Many Asians are also lactose intolerant so dairy is a no-no regardless.

Asian shame culture is blunt honesty. In the west, girls are snowflakes so you have fat acceptance. In Asia and the West, Asians treat fat people all the same. Your family, friends, boy, girl will tell you if you look like shit. They will tell you if you are fat. Eventually you'll do something about it if you aren't already not fat. There are no filters, no sugar-coating and no bullshit. Plenty of Asian's have thin skin, but more than that they have ego's, pride and "face". Therefore they will take whatever they are told and use it to improve upon themselves so that when it's done, they can go "haha fuck you". This ties in with self-control.

A lot of westerners like to blame the enviornment but really it's the same for Asians. Even if we are surrounded by 100 mcdonalds and burgerkings in chinatown, we don't eat splurge on it. Even if you eat it once in a while, the weight gained is always made up through some sort of stress, overworking, workout, running, jogging. Lots of asian schedules are high stamina and stacked. It's exhausting on your mental state sometimes but since your almost always working, it's hard to get fat.

A lot of Asia also prefers public transportation, regular bikes and trolleys. A lot less sitting in a car and a lot more casual walking. It add's up over time.

Even the poorest of the poor will buy cheap scraps of vegetables from the local market and fist fight other grandma's for the left overs. We can splurge on shit diets the way it's pushed in the west. Fat means higher chance of losing your labour job and inefficiency.

A lot of Asians are in bad health (smoking, stress) but they are by far from fat compared to the rest of the world.

>what are statistics

americanprogress.org/issues/race/reports/2016/12/20/295359/wealth-inequality-among-asian-americans-greater-than-among-whites/

Nigger what part of Masters in Econometrics do you not understand? You likely only encounter asians in low wage jobs because you're either poor yourself (and thus don't see the other extreme, the rich asians) or live in a homogeneous community (and really need to get out since you just made a lot of generalizations with no need to back them up).

MELBOURNE

What's say your parents buy you a house here and I'll move in with you and we can have some nice sweet sex.

:-)

they only eat rice one time a day

>A lot of Asia also prefers public transportation, regular bikes and trolleys.
For Japan at the very least, this is a huge thing.

Just some anecdotal evidence, but I studied abroad in Europe for a month a couple years back when I was first losing weight. Obviously we didn't have access to our own vehicles and on-top of that so walking and subway was required for going place to place.

Now I didn't really have any way to eat healthy, so I ate a lot of shit while I was there. But when I got home and checked my weight I had lost 5 lbs. Even though my diet was shit.

Asian here. Most asians have cheapass mentality, avoiding to buy menus which are expensive (so portions may be small too) or eat only when hungry. We also eat less meat in general.

I'm Asian, this is true. There's a lot of pressure from the community to conform.

Also there is a long tradition of better food:
1) Home cooked meals are far more common among asian families even in 'murrica of every social strata
2) The ethnic food in general tends to be healthier than say... soul food or "American" food.
3) This is a big one I don't think anyone in this thread has mentioned yet: desserts and other super high sugar food isn't that popular. When you grow up on something like red bean as a dessert ingredient, it's not nearly as risky as say... Nutella. Many Asians don't even have that much of a sweet tooth due to growing up with desserts that just aren't that sweet.

>shame culture

This has to be a big factor. Feels like every older Asian person I've met in the states will call out any fat person they see or know. I visited a (very thin) gfs house from college and one of the first things her mother mentioned was that she put on weight. Not an hour later her grandmother comes in and says the same thing.

I also served at a pho place and the owner and his mother would talk shit about every fat person that came into the store.

And strangely eating disorders are still far less common among Asian girls than other races.

>call out any fat person
>tfw us Asians got it right

It's a good feel. Westerners - Americans specifically would throw hissy fits about m-m-m-muh fat acceptuns.

Because the Asian diet tends to be healthier.

We don't eat; too busy studying or playing video games.

>shame culture

Does this explain my unhealthy hatred for the obese? Perhaps it's genetic...