How do you count your Bench?

Do you count the weights on both sides + bar?
Or only the weights on one side?

Put a scale under your back when you do it
That's your weight

If you're tracking the weight it's bar + all the plates.

If you're informally saying "I bench 2pl8" that's 2 plates _per side_ 225lbs ~= 100kg

>counting your own mass

Of course
It's like counting the bar

If my hands are bigger than yours, it would not be fair to not include hand weight at least

ITS NOT FUCKING DIFFICULT

The bar and the weight on the bar, yes both sides you tard. Ofc take into account the air resistance dont forget that :)

This thread is literally figuratively cancer.

bar + plates + clips + forearms + fists

When I refer to how much weight I'm moving, I say bar+all weight. As shorthand, I usually say how many plates are on one side. So 2 plates is 225#

You count the bar plus all weight on both sides, plus the weight of your arms up to your shoulders.

Since your shoulders are attached, you can't weigh them properly. So what you have to do is get a large drum and fill it with water. Mark on the side how high the water level is. Then submerge your arm in the water up to your shoulder. Mark where the water level is now. Compute the volume of water displaced in liters, and multiply that by 2.17155. That will give you the weight of your arms in lbs.

>Clips

LMAO

U need to calculate the gravitational pull
Normies count 9,81m/s^2 but it differs depending on where u are
F=m.g baby

>counting the pl8s

You do dips instead.

Depends on the barometric pressure on that day.

The bar only has mass when combined with plates.

>he lifts in above sea level countries
LOL

how's it like being weak?
if you don't lift below sea level, you might aswell not lift anything at all

Body weight - bar (15kg on days that land on odd numbers, not counting public holidays) + plates in reverse order

People are genuinely explaining how to count weight in this thread

Best troll ever.

This

GNC has a BOGO deal on arm weight buckets

So far, nobody's gotten it right

Only dyels count the bar to make up for their pathetic lifts.

>relocate to space with a barbell with weights
>bench it forward and release
>calculate its mass with the speed of both objects and your own mass

>lifting the bar=lifting 0kg

>not counting the weight of your arms

lmao@you

>he doesn't lift in space for even push / pull gains

yes

Well he's right about the clips adding to it, but you have to subtract the holes in the plates, it's not a full 45lbs.

it depends. if you're right-handed, then you count all the weight on the left side of the bar, and half the weight on the right side (since you're stronger on that side). do the reverse if you're left-handed. if you're ambidextrous, then that means you really only lifted half the weight on the bar.

you should only count the bar

2plates + 45lb bar = 135lbs
3plates = 135lb

not all bars are 45lb
so when people say 2plate they should say 3plate. This is my story and I'm sticking to it.