Rhodeisa

Anybody who likes Rhodesia is welcome to chat about it on this thread. Also to talk about Rhodesia's history as a nation.

Other urls found in this thread:

americancrisis.us/docs/2014_07_15_123504_0_howrhodesiasurvivedsanctions.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

joshua nkomo did nothing wrong

>another Rhodesia thread
Do u guys not get bored of talking about the same thing over and over again

Why do retards like to fellate Rhodesia.

They keep doing it because threads on Rhodesia never die.

they have the idea in their heads that Rhodesia was white.

The Rhodesia thread is a test-and this is proof that Veeky Forums is for faggot beta boys. /k/ always passes, for the record.

Who said that? Rhodesia was the perfect example of a well functioning multiracial society.

Any good books out there?

;_;

Finally, I've been looking for a Rhodie thread

Any particular aspect of it?

reminder that the state of modern-day zimbabwe is Rhodesia's fault

the sad thing is it could be interesting, there's loads of history and politics there but it just attracts the same /k/tards posting tired memes and fellating a place they don't know anything about

> Veeky Forums is beta because they jerk about actual competent african armies like the rwandans, instead of a bunch of cuck chumps who lost the most important war in their existence

So it's like /pol/ and the Nazis

SLOT THOSE FLOPPIES

Ian Smith was a genius and did nothing wrong

Does anyone have anything on the Rhodesian economy?

I know that after the initial drop of sanctions being placed they were able to recover and run a consistent 5% growth rate for another decade
Let me see if l can find the study

americancrisis.us/docs/2014_07_15_123504_0_howrhodesiasurvivedsanctions.pdf

Simbarashe* was a 74-year-old veteran who spent eight years in the bush fighting in the Rhodesian war. He was brought into the consultation room at Harare hospital handcuffed to two police officers. “They want to kill me!” he yelled.

Simbarashe’s wife stood next to the police. “He has been saying this all week. It’s getting worse … He talks to himself half the time and it’s always about the war.

“I keep telling him the war was 30 years ago but he says, “Ma Selous Scouts arikuya!” [The Selous Scouts are coming!] And he wants his AK-47. Sometimes when we are walking down the road he will suddenly scream, ‘Take cover!’ and drop to the ground, and everybody laughs at him.”

i listened to a podcast on the selous scouts on spotify some time ago. They seem pretty based.

Is "evolution, not revolution" racist?

and poltards

>well fuctioning
Bullshit. Don't get me wrong. Rhodesia should have won and fuck communists. But the majority black population were treated like second-class citizens.

this, it's not just Rhodesia either, take a look at /pol/, the same banal shit over and over again

Irony is, if they wanted to fight for Rhodesia they'd be rejected or kicked out for being dumb white nationalist LARPers

Literally untrue

Irony is, you're a faggot.

For pointing out the truth? lel

You'd all get the Harold Covington treatment and you know it

I hate this "you only like Rhodesia because whitey killing blacks" meme, 'cause if this was actually the case, why wouldn't white nationalists pick any other colonial african country for admiration when basically all others had worse treatment to its native african population?

What was Rhodesia's contribution to the war effort in WW1 and WW2? Did they send any troops to help the British?

>love the thought of living in an African (European) nation
>nowhere in Africa to move to.

They fought the Japanese and communist Malays

Yeah. That's why it was well-functioning.

Given what other African countries were going through at that time, I'd say Black Rhodesians were having it better.

What happened to former RAR members after Mugabe took power?

If you’re okay with lots of crime and low quality homes you free yourself up for a lot of places
Don’t go anywhere that doesn’t let you have guns though
If the warlords don’t get you the wildlife will

It was a food exporter, in Africa, a starving place. It had better education and living standards than anybody else in the region(yes for blacks). That's all great justification for their existence.
Not much more than Jim crow laws. The policies of Rhodesia ultimately lead to black prosperity. Many laws were purely meritocratic, voting was based on wealth and education, Ian Smith himself said a black man could have his job. Sure there was innate bias and outright racist laws, but it was about the same as Jim crow laws and a huge step over Apartheid fags.

I'd live in a country of technology and ideals 50-100 years into the future if it meant social and economic marginalization, which is still substantially better than my current living standard.

I'm still upset by the what-could-have-been's if Rhodesia had survived

Mugabe turned the bread basket of Africa into garbage even by African standards.
Muzorewa did nothing wrong.

>lost the most important war in their existence
Never understood this argument, so did Napoleon, is he not worthy of historical discussion or even admiration?

While the war certainly wasn't about race, the government of Rhodesia was certainly quiet racist.
The military and I'd even say Ian Smith understood the reality of the situation, ultimately blacks and whites would have to work together if the country was to survive. Their biggest mistake in my opinion was, immediately after the UDI, they didn't immediately set out a plan of gradual transition to majority rule to win over wealthier blacks. The military should've become a road to voting rights, which would hopefully create a sense of loyalty and patriotism.

God damn the EE Canberra was a fantastic piece of machinery.

>King's Royal Rifles, Rhodesian Platoon in Britain

I refuse to believe this plane ever existed. The only thing Britain does is speculate on currency. The idea that we ever built machines is utterly bizarre.

It was a different time

at least napoleon fought for a righteous cause desu

>Rhodesia
>Nation

Really?