What is your job Veeky Forums? How does it affect your fitness?

What is your job Veeky Forums? How does it affect your fitness?

>Dental student
>Pros: only in class from 8-5 now that I'm doing clinical work so plenty of time to go lift
>Cons: always hunched over, so have to program in more back accessories to prevent pain

Postman (mailman to you muricans)

Pros
>walk 10 miles or more every day - adds about 1500kcal to TDEE
>makes cutting easy, basically happens without effort, which is amazing given I used to be a fatty and my regular appetite kept me fat
>all the walking, stairs and hills = monster calves
>start early and finish at 2:30pm means I can get to gym before busy periods
>working for royal mail means I get a discount at my gym.
>literally zero work related stress so that will never affect my fitness/diet

Cons:
>definitely lost quad size since starting the job
>having tired legs makes squat progress hard
>potential dog attacks would make me lose gainz

Genuinely love my job though.
Really high paying for a non skilled job. Literally more overtime opportunities than I could take, and no boss breathing down my neck.

Any UK faggots who are struggling with life choices. Seriously consider applying for royal mail.
I can see myself doing this job for life. There's a lot of old guys in my office who have been doing it for decades and they are all cheerful.

If an user has low spit production, how much does it affect dental health and how can it be compensated for?

Drink more water.

How does that help spit production? I already drink a lot of water.

Unemployed alcoholic
It's not the best

Engineer

Lots hard manual work and lots of computer based work.

Plenty of climbing up 100m masts which is genuine fucking graft

I like it, I find the more active I am in work the more motivated I am when I get home

Database Developer

I work from home and I have extremely flexible hours so I can go to the gym whenever I want.

It's real cute

Mailservice here got centralized years ago. Thousands of postmen lost their jobs, and the post offices got joined with supermarkets. Now teenage cashiers do your job and people have to go there to get their mail.

Damn that sucks.
If theres one thing the UK can be proud of, its Royal Mail.
>implying it isn't now being driven into the ground due to priviatization and shareholders demanding more profits.

It wets your mouth? Or try chewing gum.

Fire fighter
Is what you make it you have time to workout but you also have time to fuck off and eat junk all day

Add hermies cheap prices and under paying of delivery drivers and the royal mail is sadly screwed. They make their money on parcel delivery and they are losing that to cheaper rivals

Storage packer

Pros
>Physical work
>Brainless, can listen to audiobooks and space out while working
>Quite good pay
>Cheap food at the cantina

Cons
>Repetetive as FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>Bad for your back
>Workouts after work are less effective

Man I wish I could get a job as a firefighter.

I've been applying for every (very rare) wholetime recruitment in the UK. Never even got called to the preliminary fitness tests.
I feel like they must get 10,000s of applicants.

Can someone enlighten a college student who hasn't picked a major but has to very soon as to what philosophical school of thought I should be using to pick my career?

I have nothing that interests me at the moment besides computers and fitness, but I'm too disillusioned to think that making my hobbies my job will be a good idea. Ive been in college for two years and I absolutely hate Institutionalized education, but I might as well finish. I don't want to do stem either because I feel like its oversaturated and I'll end up hating it. I don't want a job for money, yet I know a lot of money would be nice to have from a job. Plus, I don't think people really know what they want to do until you're like 25 anyway, and I'm 20 now.

Anyone have any insight?

It makes you generally more prone to cavities and diseases of the mouth because your spit is full of anti-microbial substances and also neutralizes the acidity of your mouth. If your mouth is more acidic, bacteria can more easily break down your teeth. So just make sure you drink more water throughout the day, and chew gum to stimulate spit production. For extra benefits, chew gum that has xylitol as the artificial sweetener. Xylitol is antimicrobial. Trident is an example of such a gum.

I knew what I wanted to be when I was 6. Worked out fine.

>Anyone have any insight?
Try being less of a faggot and pick something you can do that can support your life, and then self actualize through a hobby.

Thank you based dentalbro

Find something you enjoy and find a way of making money doing it

Trident White Bois

>Plus, I don't think people really know what they want to do until you're like 25 anyway
I'm 24 and figured out what I wanted to do when I was 18 because I went to career fairs and shadowed various professions, you lazy bitch.

Licensed contractor. I have my own business but i like to work with the laborers so theres many days im sniffing shit i should be wearing a mask for and carrying things up and down flights of stairs. It doesnt really effect my fitness.
I kind of lol when noobs ask will it kill their gains if they do 10 pullups after they wake up.

The only part that sucks is random injuries. Sometimes you just drop your guard or youre in a hurry and slip. Luckily ive recovered from most of these.

Talk to me in ten years

No thanks.

>4th year electrician
>20 years old
>pay is very well
>on my feet 8 hours a day minimum, up and down ladders, pulling wire, heavy lifting, etc
>when I first started lifting it was absolute torture at work

Chartered accountant

Pros
>great salary
>9-5 monday to friday
>plenty time to go to the gym in the evening / weekend
>get to visit clients constantly, not stuck in an office

Cons
>frequent nights out with insane bar tabs, temptation is real
>always tempted to go out for lunch with colleagues

Thats it really. It is a genuinely brilliant job, first few years getting qualified were tough but now it is plan sailing with lots of opportunity, money, and a good work life balance.

Personal handyman. Anything from building a deck or a shed to replacing wall outlets or fixing a sink. But I'm also a full time student, so it's only two--maybe three--days per week.

It's literally my dream job. Plus, since I live in the South, I can go shirtless in the spring-fall and get a wicked tan.

Dream job, boys.

Software engineer.

It's pretty cushy. The money is exceptional. Low stress and I really like problem solving.

I do freelance work in my spare time and I've got a few websites that bring in passive income.

Fitness isn't affected but I don't have a social life and rarely see my friends. I need to actively work on my posture a lot from all the time spent sitting down.

Pharmacist in finland (mentioned country cus murica pharmacist = good salary, elsewhere = shit salary

Pros
>clean inside work with a white coat, people respect me for my position
>Im fine with the ppl I work with, Im the youngest there
>I know a lot about drugs and nutrition in general which is somewhat fit related

Cons
>shit pay
>old people are niggers sometimes
>retail work
>stupid wage cuck I never became anything cool.

>all these fags that apparently had their lives sorted at 6 years old
Don't be worried, it's normal to not know what you want to do, and just because you pick something doesn't mean you can't change it later. I know a guy who did a degree in computer science and then retrained as a paramedic when he graduated.

you don't see your friends because you work long hours or some other reason? isn't software engineering a high stress job when you're close to deadlines?

I moved away for work because I'm a corporate sellout. I'm not really sure how adults make friends. I can't be fucked.

Depends on who you're working for. Service-based businesses are generally crappy because you have to keep the clients happy. Deadlines are nightmares. I learned quickly to avoid them. Product-based businesses are the shit. If something's not gonna be finished we can just shove it in the next release.

I work in theatre tech doing various jobs.

>pros: regularly have to lift set pieces during and before shows, lifting metal weights for rail system up to 40 lbs each, fair amount of stair climbing, help build stage pieces so moving lumber and metal

>cons: somewhat unpredictable hours due to crunch times on building and various problems that have to be dealt with during show runs. and the night runs fuck up my sleep some

The good thing is that one of my gyms is a 3 minute walk from the theatre and workshop, so it's not too difficult to make it to the gym before or in between shows

I am an LED sign technician

pros
>like most of my coworkers
>low stress
>full benefits + decent amount of PTO
>get to travel sometimes
>enjoy problem solving
>have the chance to become department head in a couple of years as my boss is close to 70
>mostly answer calls and emails so have plenty of time to read and shitpost when its slow

cons
>low pay
>the one person in the company i dont like i HATE
>owner of the company makes bad decisions and trusts no one
>sit in a chair 9 hours a day
>630am to 330pm
>customers can be stupid, especially network admins/IT guys who think they know more about our product than we do because they graduated ITT tech
>only travel sometimes

Doesn't really affect my fitness besides being sedentary 95% of the time.