QTDDTOT

How do I learn to hate food and see it only as fuel?

Just looking for a straight answer to the question.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833
twitter.com/AnonBabble

intermediate ppl routine?

Thinking of your body as just a vehicle for your brain/soul/whatevs is a start.

What you can't use Google? Try Lyle McDonald's Push Pull Legs.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833

MyFitnessPal. Focus on your diet as a mathematical process.

Eat food that doesn't taste good on purpose.

I'll adopt both of these mindsets. And hopefully my taste buds forget the past. Any more suggestions are welcome

Why do you need to eat more grams of protein when cutting and less when bulking and in between when maintenance?

None of that's true. You eat about 1g/lb of lean body mass (or less) no matter what. If you're doing it right, you should have the same lean body mass throughout your cut as you did at the end of your bulk. You're protein RATIO is higher because pure cutting calories from fat and carbs (mostly carbs) during a cut.

Is it normal to feel like I'm falling asleep when running? I find it hard to keep my eyes open, the rest of my body seems fine though.

You realize gains>flavor

Are you caffeinated or fully awake? Do you listen to music that normally causes sleepiness?

When you're in a surplus, you're more anabolic and the body is less inclined to take protein for other uses.

Also protein tends to be kind of filling which helps on a cut.

Well protein is satiating. Maybe that has something to do with it. Also when cutting f you're trying to preserve as much muscle as possible. Eating at maintenance and at a surplus you won't be at as much risk of loosing muscle therefore decreasing the need for an extremely high protein intake. No idea if I'm right but makes sense in my head

C-can I go to the gym by myself?

I should be fully awake, I'm naturally pretty tired so I do drink a lot of caffeine. Is that what's causing me to be sleepy?

You're basically right, user.
Keep working on your English.

Nah I was just trying to figure out if you perhaps weren't getting enough energy and the exercise was sapping you. Maybe check your diet? Consider using some kind of HIIT or sprint routine? I'm gonna assume you're cutting.

I actually just achieved this way of thinking a few weeks ago, it's pretty amazing actually. It sounds cliche, but all I did was repeat the mantra "after a couple months you will have visible abs for the first time". The next big thing which I believe is important is I finally have the same exact routine every day.

>I'm naturally pretty tired so I do drink a lot of caffeine
You're addicted and need to stop drinking caffeine

Lost a ton of weight (60kg) and got massive amount of loose skin. Currently looking for good compression shirts, cheap if possible to feel better about it.

Any suggestions ?

ok you guys make sense, and it might have been the ratio thing too, thanks.

What's an ideal athletic bodyweight for 5'11"-6'? I'm thinking around 170

i've tried to quit caffeine completely a couple times, it just ends up with me falling asleep after about 6 hours of being awake, I quit for about a month and still felt tired.
I'll try some sprinting, thanks. I mainly wanted to make sure I don't have some kind of heart problem that would make me pass out.

To build on my post my routine is as follows.

5:30 pm -wakeup
6:00 pm -eat keto meal
6:30-9:00 pm -Leisure, Veeky Forums, reading etc
9:00-10:30 pm -Create playlist for work(manufacturing)
11-7:30 am -work
7:30-10:00 am -drive home and go to bed

I've had this cycle for the past month and half and went from 230 to 218.8 just this morning. I've been told my face is thinner and I can see things Ive never seen on my body before. I'm excited

7:30-10:00 am -I also lift during this time

how does stir fry have so few calories i don't understand i thought noodles are full of carbs and have a ton

Could someone post that pic of the ugly guy who had plastic surgery to look like a teen chad pretty please? He has locks and stuff, kinda looks like a manlier Logan Lerman at the end

in the sticky, why is allpro recommended when greyskull is superior?

Variety and preference.

How do you find a good boxing gym? Been looking on google and yelp in my area, but all the places seem to be geared towards soccer moms looking to do cardio or teach a million other martial arts so the membership is super expensive. One place didn't even allow sparring, what's the point then?

I just want to learn to throw a punch and spar to hone my reflexes/fighting instincts (if that's a thing).

If it doesn't have active fighters then it's no good

bump

Find gyms that sponsor actual money fighters, either pros or amateurs. Even if gyms like that look like shit on the surface because of the soccer mom or corporate-dad appeal, there is another layer underneath that glean that they need to train their active guys. Even if you don't fight for money, you can still get involved in it if you're taking it seriously.

Recently started cutting and trying to lose my fat. Making good progress, but how do I tell how much of the weight loss is water weight vs fat?

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US

oh fug wrong board

Can you guys recommend some simple recipes?

Don't know how to cook but trying to learn. Want to change my diet.

How should I plan my lifting if I'm also playing basketball twice a week? I wanna lift three times a week againa.
Should I just alternate upper and lower body or do 2 upper body days since my lower body is getting beat up from balling anyway?

Doesn't matter because at some point the water weight seizes. Probably like 10 of those initial pounds is your body adjusting and depending on how much water and glucose and carbs you consume, it'll vary.

How good is a muscle/fat gain ratio of 1/1 on a bulk?
Should It be better for a natty?

Eat the same thing everyday

I have beef, broccoli and mash made from sweat potatoes and normal potatoes. Then for desert i have a huge bowl of porridge with a scoop of whey and quite a lot of dried fruit

Measure all your ingredients out, make ONE meal that hits your macros and fast 23/1

Within 2-4 weeks you will start to not care about food

Coolcicada ppl. Currently running it and it's Noice

Grate half a head of cauliflower,
dice mushrooms, pepper, onion, leek, courgette.

put onion in a pan with a small bit of oil, brown them.
add the pepper, leek, courgette and mushrooms, cook them for a bit then add the cauliflower with 2 chicken stock cubes and some water. cover and cook in the pan until you get the water consistency you want. serve with a chicken breast or just have it on its own.

I'm only 2 weeks into lifting and have not had a day without near full body doms, when can I expect this to go away?

Do all of you just suffer from pain forever or what? I don't think I can handle this for the rest of my lifting life

Why have a terrible relationship with food. It's the greatest thing there is. Try new things, eat cool shit. Don't ruin your life for your shit gains user. Work along side of an improved better life. Food is the cure not the sickness

There's ways to go about it. The best mental outlook I ever had was the cheat mentality. Eat cool, tasty shit only when it's worth it like if you're at a fancy restaurant or a family gathering or something. If you treat food as fuel throughout normal life, it makes the good stuff that much better.

When I OHP my left front delt gets sore much sooner than my right

How normal is this ?

I decided to do a a heavy deload to help balance it out and focusing on increasing the durability of my left delt with isolations

It'll go in time
It'll be replaced by slight soreness that you will enjoy

I'll back this up, I try hard to have soreness the next few days

I've cut from 94.5kg to 87.2kg in 3 and a half weeks. Is this a good rate?

Can I make strength gains on a LP program if I'm cutting? I'm a beginner trying to lose a lot of weight but if I'm just going to be spinning my wheels doing SS or 5x5 I'd rather just spend the extra time in the gym doing cardio or something else to help with weight loss.

Lift. SS or 5x5 or SL or any of those basic barbell programs will work. Don't refuse to lift for the addition of cardio. The noob gains will carry you a fair distance and the change in composition and strength work will burn plenty of calories and fat. Just make sure you're adding cardio, either through HIIT incorporated into your program post workout or through some sort of LISS or MIIT programming on off days.

Just say no.

Does anyone have running tips or infopics? I've gotta be able to run 1.5 miles in 12:45 or ideally as fast as possible.
I'm fairly fit but that's mostly from weights, I genuinely never do cardio.

The museum has abandoned us, lad

lolnavy
Couch to 5K is your best bet. The best way to get good at running 1.5 miles is to get good at running 3 miles. C25K is a neat little app that will coach you through. Other then that leddit's running board has good tips and shoe buying guides.

Eat shit food.

t.guy wgo eats 1.2 kg of pasta and 200g of chicken meat all day erry day. I have become numb.

>t.guy wgo
Still drinking I see

I have a big bar and two little ones and 80 kilos in weight with no bench. What can I do Veeky Forumsizens? Gym is out of the picture

Any way to tell it's caffeine amount on pic related? cant find online or in the bag

I fucking love this, I put a shit load of it though even for just one cup

By some dumbells and do a dumbell program. Or just do a bodyweight program. Or just man up and go to a gym.

By bar I meant barbells. And by 80 kilos in weights I meant vinly weights for those barbells

around the same amount of caffeine as regular coffee.

This doesn't work. Your body has greater influence on your brain than you do.

If you don't have a bench that pretty much just leaves you with OHP and deadlifts. You can invest in some home gym equipment, but I hardly doubt a gym is "out of the picture" unless you got banned or there isn't one in a 10 mile radius and you don't own a car.

Taking yohimbine. Been on it for a week, and eating at a 500 calorie deficet. I'm also fasting and running before taking it. But iv gained 4-5 lbs.

Can someone give me a good explanation? I'm starting to become discouraged and thinking about dropping it

>tfw okay jawline
>but small ass chin

There's no way to even make this a bit better except surgery right? fml

500 cal and youre still gaining weight? Think youre still eating too much. Lower it and see what happen.

Plan B: Just do Keto/Carb Cycling

if im doing 4-6 reps per set, how long should i rest in between sets?
what about 8-12 reps? is there a guideline for this stuff?

stock up on plenty of pic related

Tried doing barbell glute bridges. Barbell was hurting right where I put it, which is right below my hips/right above my pubic bone. Am I feeling pain only because this was my first time doing it? I was doing 1 plate.

Also, no matter how much I squeezed my glutes, I don't really feel them sore nor did I feel much activation when performing this exercise. Is there something I'm missing?

Can someone post the picture of hulk-chloe moretz please, I need it.

Be a bitch and put some padding. It's probably because you're not accustomed to it but you'll get over it. However, if you're not feeling the activation you probably need to add more weight and make sure you're slowly and consistently moving the weight rather than just speed fucking it into the air.

Recovering fatty here, down to 175 from 245, 5'10'

Throughout my weight loss I was able to increase the weight of my lifts but as ive come to my goal weight ive noticed my lifts stagnate/actually get worse, im still cutting at about 2000cal/day with at least 200g of protein, lift 3x a week and run 5x, also have an active job as an electrician

Any idea why I could be getting worse or any ways to break through this stagnation?

>you're slowly and consistently moving the weight rather than just speed fucking it into the air

Seriously? The YouTube video I watched said I should thrust quickly into the air, but slowly lower the weight.

I'll try the padding, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't placing the barbell on the wrong area. Thanks.

Take some bcaas like 30 min before and some caffeine, or some dmaa if you can find it online.

I always liked the idea of glute bridges as a stabilizer accessory, which is why I've always read them as being slow and steady. What exactly are you using them for?

Eat more. Or finish cutting and slowly increase your intake to some some sort of maintenance or bulk.

To be honest, ass gains. My ass is relatively flat, and I'd like a nice butt so that women will want to feel it, and when they do my plan is to feel their ass/breasts and say it's only fair.

In all serious, my ass is really flat and I just want a bigger one. Any other benefit is a side benefit.

I don't normally participate in this board, but feel inclined to help you. You need to go to a doctor, that level of sleepiness and dependence on coffee is incredibly unhealthy.

I would prescribe you modafinil immediately based on what you've told me, so after going to a doctor if they say your physically good, ask to be refered to a psychiatrist.

What's the lifespan or running shoes? I run every other day and never really figured out how to determine when to get new ones

>do tricep extension lying down
>rhomboid impingement

hahahah. Ima stick to the cable. Now let's see how long this takes to go away...

What's the deal with lifting belts?
When should you use one?

How to get a thicker neck?

Neck curls

I've only been lifting for 4 month but tried low bar squats from high bar for the first time. My squats felt better and it was easier to get up. My only problem was keeping the bar in place. Should I just lower the weight or stick to high bar? Which is he better squat?

If you do deadlifts, high bar.
High bar focuses your quads more while low bar uses your posterior chain as well.

I see alot of bacon in people breakfast on various threads.
How is bacon considered a good choice?

I diddly too. Would that and doing low bar be inefficient?

>if im doing 4-6 reps per set, how long should i rest in between sets?

3 minutes.

look up what RPE is and then adjust your rest based on how hard that the lift was

Duh

moderation is key

Does anyone else get winded doing squats?

My lungs give out before my legs do on squats. Is there anything I can do to help this or just keep pushing through it? I rarely do cardio but I've been doing couch to 5k since the weather is nice right now in FL

Started Keto and have some questions.

My Macros today were

1349 calories:

126g of fat (55%)
90g protein (40%)
10.3g of Carbs (5%)

Will I reach Ketosis like this? Is protein too high and fat too low?

I guess I'm going to try IF now too since it just worked out that way today.

Can I put my liquid MK-677 and Ostarine into a lab capsule and drink it, will it lose effectiveness?

Also, can I inject SARMs?

Who's "you" ?

After how many?

When I first started learning to run the best advice someone gave me was to really focus on my breathing.

I think you just need to focus on breathing. Just make sure you're getting good deep breaths everytime. It'll help while you're running, and as you get better at running your lung capacity will go up too.

Squats are a demanding exercise and you should be breathing hard at the end of a set.

But if you are literally running out of breath then you need to do more cardio. Fuck that couch to 5k shit, do HIIT and plyometrics.