How do I stop dreading the gym and start going?

How do I stop dreading the gym and start going?
How do I conquer the fear of looking like an idiot while attempting SS?

I've already corrected my diet, but I want to get a little built.

Did anybody else share this feel when they first started?

ive been going to the gym for almost 2 years and still get an anxiety attack every single time i go

also have acid reflux so i have to vomit the whole ride there

yet i still go 4-5 days a week you fucking faggot bitch

Ive been lifting for 5 years.

The thought of going to the gym makes me excited. I love feeling my muscle contracting, I love the pump, I love what I see in the mirror. I love it.

Is this what out-going social people feel like about going out and socializing?

same here

idk why people go out to hang out with other people in places where they don't get enjoyment like i do from lifting

maybe thats why they do drugs

on gear?

nah idk what the fuck is wrong with me

thought it was caffeine until i started drinking my pw at the gym and it still happens

i love the gym so i really dont understand it

I enjoy working out but I hate the idea of people watching me work out. This is most likely simce I'm small, but I just feel like exertion for its own sake is awkward in front of other people.

I was on the same train bro. Really wanted to get fit but would rather kms than enter gym

Trust me cunt just get off your fat ass and go to the gym you'll realise no one there gives a fuck about you

Self motivation is the most important aspect of getting and staying fit. If you can't find a way to lift, be it getting a job to afford basic home gym weights or going to a gym, and accepting that fact that you will be judged be it bad, or someday good if you actually lift, then being built is something you don't deserve and will never attain.

realize 90% of people there are far more clueless than you.

1. No one gives a shit about you. You're insignificant. It's self-delusion and arrogance which tells you that people give a shit about what you're doing. They don't.

2. 95% of people there have no fucking idea what they are doing. If you're actually following a program then you already look like less of an idiot than most people there.

3. You're gonna feel nervous and maybe awkward your first time there, but it won't even be that bad. By the third time you won't feel any discomfort at all. The fraction of discomfort you might feel that first day is worth the lifetime of being happy in your own body.

I was in the same boat. Put off joining the gym for months. Finally did it then realised how stupid I was for not doing it sooner.

God speed

At least you aren't me, OP.
Before I got up the courage to go the gym, my self-conscious and anxiety-ridden self had to work out with bodyweight exercises for a few months so I could look at least a little bit like I belonged at the gym, rather than being a skinny twiglet who shouldn't be there.
And even then, the gym I first subscribed to was Planet Fitness. Getting a membership to my first "real" gym was a whole other ordeal.
Place still gives me fucking anxiety when I think about going there. It's fuckin weird. Like I'll be so anxious in going there but once I'm there I'm fucking good and just focus on my work-outs and nobody gives a fuck. Despite knowing this though, the anxiety persists.

Fuck my life senpai.

anxiety attacks sometimes here, too, but only for the first moments of actually being in the gym around other people. it is what it is

at first I was pumped to go. now I often don't feel like going.
here is the key: fuck motivation, you need discipline
I tell myself "it doesn't matter if you want to go, you're going anyway and you're gonna smash those weights"
either I end up hyping myself up and enjoying it or I get my workout done and get to feel good about myself

>How do I stop dreading the gym and start going?
>How do I conquer the fear of looking like an idiot while attempting SS?
You stop being a goddamned drama queen and FUCKING GO TO THE GYM, DO YOUR WORK, AND GO HOME WHEN YOU'RE DONE. Was that really so fucking difficult to figure out?

>I love the pump
When does this bit start? I have been going for 4 months now and never experienced this. I just feel tired after

AIN'T NOTHIN TO IT BUT TO DO IT

Have you done more than 5 reps on anything?
Next time you're there just pick up a 6kg dumbbell and curl it like 30 times. You'll feel it.

Not making it

Yeah I aim to do 4 sets of 10 of various exercises, and when I get to the end of the last set that is about as much as I can physically do. I don't take any supplements or anything, that got something to do with it?

You won't get pump on SS. Try 4x12 hammer curls if u want pump

>supplements
No.
Here's what works for me, every fucking time.
Start with chinups (or ez bar or whatever) and tire your arms. Then curl.
Just take a wheight you are comfortable doing 3x10 with and on the last set go over, works for me, after 12 it starts to burn, at 15 my bi's feel like an erection. 30 reps means that the weight is too low, if you can't bring your arm up at the 10th, lower it slightly.

What's the consensus on PTs?
Considering getting a few sessions to get over the anxiety and to make sure I lift with proper form.

Addendum: works also for tri's, back, and stuff. >Fuck calves

Just don't stop when it hurts, that means a musclegasm is near.

Depends on the gym and the pt. But usually it's not a bad idea having someone checking your form from time to time. If you are beginning, throw in some machines, just to strengthen your muscles a bit and getting used to movements without risking an injury because you jumped straight to the barbell. But on this, opinions diverge.

>. If you are beginning, throw in some machines, just to strengthen your muscles a bit and getting used to movements
fuckuing bad advice

just go with the bare bar and get used to those movements aka natural movements of your body

fuck machines

by just doing it and realizing how silly you're being

they're not gonna laugh so much when you start outlifting them in 3 months

>How do I stop dreading the gym and start going?
By going anyway.

By doing it anyway.

>Did anybody else share this feel when they first started?
Only 99% of us.