How do I train my neck without looking like a complete autist at the gym?

how do I train my neck without looking like a complete autist at the gym?

anyone have tips on how I could maybe do it at home without a proper bench or one of those head strap apparatuses?

I don't have neck problems or anything I just want a thicker neck.

Other urls found in this thread:

anthonymychal.com/neck-training-fit-for-a-neanderthal/
youtube.com/watch?v=wjiZaCJ6tCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dont use that shit

This:

anthonymychal.com/neck-training-fit-for-a-neanderthal/

Just do it at home lmao

This page and these guys seem retarded.
I have done some wrwstling training back in my haydays. Cant confirm weither it makes your neck stronger but i never actually injured myself.

Protip: no one gives a shit what you do in the gym unless you're preventing them from doing something.

They are most definitely full blown meme autistic. But the workout progression they describe is a safe way to build up neck strength with 1 set of 2 workouts twice a week.

Anecdotal evidence: had been doing similar stuff for a few years when in 2012 fell off a compound roof in Afghan and landed on my neck with gear on. No injury. Have never stopped working out my neck.

It takes 5 minutes and can be done right when you wake up or whatever so it won't add to gym time.

I won't. I was thinking of something more like pic related
It's difficult, especially the sideways ones, without a proper bench. The sofa is pretty shit for it and can't do it just lying on the floor.
This is true and usually I don't care but these exercises look so ridiculous. Even hip thrusts I can do out in public but something about neck training.

thanks I'll check it out. I typically stretch after waking up so that sounds like something I could do no problem.

Just deadlift heavy.
I dl 260kg and have a 17" neck without any other neck training.

I do deadlift and train shrugs which both seem to work great but my neck never feels overworked so I figured I could add something to my routine that specifically targets it.

How big did your neck start out? Did you used to be dyel? Because I'm 6' 155lb lanlet, and a bit insecure about my tiny neck. Is there any hope?

do sit ups with your chin touching your chest the whole time, if that nakes sense

btw OP here I had never measured my neck but it looks to be 17" as well from just DL and shrugs so CMON MAN gotta get bigger

I'll remember to try that though it's difficult to imagine how that would target the neck

Do neck bridges.
Did those in judo trainings, neck got thicc as fuck

that doesn't look safe at all

youtube.com/watch?v=wjiZaCJ6tCA

buy a neck hardness and train it at home.

People in martial arts have been doing bridges for ages. Jeff's advice is for uninformed dyels who just try exercises they see on the internet and hurt themselves, I mean half of the comments on that video are "why would I want to train my neck???"
He also has a tiny neck and small traps, so he's just talking from a theoretical point of view, not a practiced one.

Just Google wrestling neck exercises. There's tons of material.

Realtalk though long-term buy a head harness. You can build a neck stronger than anyone realizes, and neck muscles absorb impacts to the head.

Less risk of concussion, whiplash, etc. Can take a punch better.

Can't remember his name but one guy has swung 180lbs around with his head and neck alone. No injuries. Can you fucking imagine having that kind of strength?

>Can you fucking imagine having that kind of strength?
yes

I was on a ski trip the other week for the first time and noticed how sore my neck was the entire week. On your last deadlift rep, hold the bar as long as possible. That trains your neck somewhat.
Neck is seriously underrated

based athlean

Some people are really lazy to look up basic info about the spine and learn that there are discs located in the upper part of the spine as well.

>no injuries
keep wishing kiddo

how in the world does this target the neck?

Dont ever Train your neck in the gym!
Do it at home... please

afaik there were some comments from ex wrestlers complaining about the neck pain. But you can do whatever the fuck you wanna do. People complain about deadlifts too. I guess neckbridges are just high risk.

OP here.

Turns out I went to the gym, did the god damn neck raises and looked like a total fucking idiot doing it BUT all I could think about during it was A. how effective it felt B. the neck gains I'm gonna make when I keep this up.

Definitely a standard part of the routine from this day forward. I can easily fit them in on the day I don't do shrugs or DL to avoid over exerting myself. I'm only wondering if I should also try the sideways ones since I only did front and back (and 3xf of each was easily enough to tire out the muscles)

haha suck it loser!

it does m8 try it

Neckbridges are only high risk for pencil necked faggots

Squats alone increased my neck by a few inches in the past year

>how do I train my neck without looking like a complete autist at the gym

buy a neck harness and use it at home

Yeah, you shouldn't do them

Wtf muscle does that even grow cant you just do trap workouts

neck muscles genius

just bench more.

I can bet right now you can barely bench 100kg, because if you could this wouldn't be an issue.

and I can tell right now you've been lifting for less than 6 months because
A. you think 100kg bench is impressive
B. you think people have "an issue" when they want to work on a muscle group
leave this thread DYEL faggot

Actively compressing your discs doesn't sound like a good idea.

Sure you could argue squats compress the disc anyways but it's more passive than anything and your muscles come into play.

With neck exercise it feels like you're just fucking around with your joints more than your muscle. Torsion and joints, ya know?

I'm sure most will attest that their necks are strong right now but when you're young you can pretty much do the stupidest shit and not feel the repercussions. Then you get older and the nagging injuries pile up.

Good luck user. I wish you the best neck gains.

>With neck exercise it feels like you're just fucking around with your joints more than your muscle. Torsion and joints, ya know?
idk the weighted neck raises definitely hit those large neck muscles and didn't put strain on joints

I think it was pretty blatant that I was implying it was not an impressive bench.

Isn't that the guy that married Don Draper's wife?