/rdg/ - Routine Discussion General

Share and discuss routines, feedback, help etc. Prolly a good idea to include your weightlifting experience and what your goals are

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/7/muscle/quadriceps
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good day.

Currently doing a greyskull lp variant. have very little experience lifting and a small body type. 5ft 8 and 157 pounds. I'm training to get stronger and put weight on.

working out three times per week. 2*5 sets and reps then 1*amrap for the third set of each of the compound movements apart from deadlift which is 1*amrap.

Week1

Bench, pendlay row, back squat, chin ups

OHP, deadlift, front squat, chin ups

Bench, pendlay row, back squat, chin ups

Week2

OHP, pendlay row, back squat, chin ups

Bench, deadlift, front squat, chin ups

OHP, pendlay row, back squat, chin ups

chin ups are done as many reps as possible. sometimes I'll throw in curls, skull crushers or calve raises depending on how I feel after the compounds.

just got my diet in check and aiming for at least 2.7K cals per day. Opinions, thoughts and knowledge are welcome thanks for reading.
Week 1

I would not do rows and chinups same workout.
Half of your workout those days are back exercises.

Switch fridays chinups at least for dips

I know it's a lot of back exercises but on greyskull you're apparently meant to do chin ups everyday dude.

Okay.

Morning workout
Squats
Pushups
Chinups
Full body stretches.
The above calisthenics exercises are always done full range of motion and till i feel the beginning of a slight muscle pump.
Takes about 10-15min

MWF Routine

Do the morning routine as a warm up.
Assisted pistol squat x3
Glute ham raise x 5
Knuckle handstand pushups or L pushups x3 or till near failure.
One arm half rep pushups x 3-5
three finger assisted one arm chinups x 3
L-sit 20 seconds or leg raises x6-10

All done with three minutes of rest between sets.
And the sets will be anything from 1-5 depending on how I feel that day.

T-Th depends on how hard I went the day before and energy levels.
Can be a short hard hiit session, a long walk or a full body tabata-style calisthenics circuit for a half hour.

Recently I've been adding a curlbro routine into my calisthenics workouts.
OHP
Bench
Bent Barbell rows
Curls
Bodyweight tricep extension off of the floor.

Had almost forgotten how much lifting like I usually do takes it out of me. That and how quickly I just start eating afterwords.

Sounds good user, Greyskull LP is great for noob gains.

Are you sure you are not supposed to alternate them with rows

or not do rows at all

You're quite right but the different 'plugins" available for greyskull allow you to add certain things in.

From what I read and other routines rows are second to none for upper back muscles, and my posterior chain could use the strengthening. Additionally, I don't think 6 sets of rows each week along with only four different exercises per work out will be detrimental to my progress.

Although if you feel like that's wrong I'd love to know more. BTW dips is something I've been considering adding and I would actually love to alternate them with pendlay rows, but I need to purchase a dip stand.

Great do hear, thanks dude. I'm actually really enjoying it and feel able to complete it even after long 12.5 hour shifts.

Much like the other user's routine, mine's a GSLP variant.
5ft11" 170 lbs, training for strength until I reach 1/2/3/4, currently at around 0.70/1/1.5/2.

AxBxAxx
A: BP/OHP alternating weeks, BB row, Tri pushdown, Squat
B: OHP/BP, BB row, Facepull, DL

Is this enough back work? I can only do 1 chinup so I'm kinda ashamed of doing chinups in the gym.
Any criticism is appreciated.

Morning Veeky Forums

I've reached 1/2/3/4 for reps and want to make the shift to a more hypertrophy oriented program.

I wanted to try a PPL but can only workout 4 times a week so I ended up modifying a program I found to this, after reading a lot about rep ranges, volume etc.

Now I know you will probably feel this is way too little lower body work but I mostly want to look good while still making some strength gains.

I want to hear your criticisms, but try to keep it objective senpais

thanks

Been lifting for a year and lost 20kg. Look decent but up until now I've just been using adjustable dumbbells at home and feel I've done all I can with them. Now I'm a part of a gym.

Goal is strength to complement archery. But I also want to look like I lift.

So what pathway would you guys recommend. I was thinking:

StrongLifts as is - until 10% bf
StrongLifts w/ accessories - up to 15% bf

Repeat and move on to Madcow 5x5 with accessories when I've hit my limit with SL. Or is there a better program than Madcow I can follow after SL?

Enough back work IMO, if you do BB rows properly.

I'm thinking of trying out 5/3/1 the triumvirate version, however i've seen people say that your last set should be an AMRAP set, is that at the last set every week on the compound lift or just the third week's last set?

Read the book. It's every week for most people.

What's your longest workout routine?

Is there a time frame in which it's too much or counteractive?

Thanks

Is this a good routine for a beginner? I did SS for about 6 months, then moved to uni and stopped lifting for a year. However, I'm just now starting up again.

My goal is to look like this guy, although ideally with bigger legs

My longest workouts are 1hr30m as an intermediate. Several strength exercises with 3-4m rest between sets, then a couple isolation exercises.

Anything more than that is just wasting time desu, unless you are rich piano or something

Do SS/SL until you stall to recover those noob gains (will take you like 2-5 months I guess) then move onto routine in your pic

By properly you mean proper form, right?

Yeah. I see people pulling with shitty form, pulling with their biceps etc daily in my gym

Haven't been able to lift for a while due to some broken fingers, hitting the weight on Monday. I do Greyskull with some add-ons.

Monday:

Bench/OHP (alternating) 2x5, 1x5+
Squats 2x5, 1x5+
Chin-Ups 2xfailure
Calf Raises 2x15-20

Tuesday:

Cardio

Wednesday:

Deadlift 1x5+
Kroc Rows 2x15-20
Shrugs 2x12-20

Thursday:

Cardio

Friday:

Squats 2x5, 1x5+
Lateral raises 2x8-12
Tricep extensions 2x8-12

Weekend:

Rest

I don't see myself doing SS again. I've already been doing this routine for 5 weeks. My stats are
Bench: 50kg
Squats: 55kg (but i plan on doing 60kg next workout)
Deadlift: 65kg
Rows: 40kg
OHP: 25kg

Still worth doing SL?

Yeah, you have a lot to gain from a 3x a week strength program. Do SL or pic related

Should I switch to pronated grip BB rows then?

Alright, I'll do this routine until i stall, then. Can't start for a few weeks though since I'm recovering from a fractured knuckle

Usually just over an hour if I don't need to wait for a rack to free up.

is right, after your compound lifts and a few extra accessories and isolations you should have done what you intended.

Rate pls

A:
Squat 5x5
Bench press 5x5
Barbell row 5x5
Incline bench press 4x6
Weighted chin ups 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x10
Bicep curl 3x10
Superset bicep/tricep 3x10
Abs
B:
Squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 5x5
Weighted pull ups 3x8
Dips 3x10
Barbell curl 3x10
Superset bicep/triceps 3x10
Abs

what today's chest/arm day will look like, roast me

Bench 10x10 (im not natty btw)
incline db bench 3x15
cable curls 4x15
tricep extensions 4x15 (super setted with curls)
db hammer curls 3x12-15
farmer walks 3-4 sets

hey,
I don't know if this is the place to ask this but here we go.

I have a problem with my hip.
deadlifts and squats result in a pretty sure isj blockage after a certain (not very high) load.
I've been seeing a doctor for it and want to switch to another doctor next week because I don't seem to make resonable prgress with this.

isolation work on my legs seems to be mostly risk free.
can you advise any specific worthwhile isolation movements ?
I'm mostly missing glutes right now but any input is welcome

531 program (nSuns 5 day version) bit modified.

Mon:

Bench & OHP.
DB Flies x4
Pullup x4
Barbell Shrug x4
Cable Row x4

Tue: Sumo deadlift
Legpress x4
Hack Squat x4
Leg extension x4
Lying leg curl x4

Wed: OHP & Incline dumbbell bench
Dumbell flies x5
Dips x5
DB front raise / DB lateral raise superset x4
Cable Face pull x5

Thu: Deadlift
Pullup x3
Wide-grip lat pulldown x4
Cable row x4
Single arm db row x4

Fri: Bench & CG-bench
DB front raise / DB lateral raise superset x4
Db hammer curls x4
EZ-bar preacher curlx4
Incline db curl x4

Saturday or Sunday: whatever, some abs work and whatever is lacking.

Can you do leg press? Or lunges.

4 day split, wednesday and weekend resting. Is this too much of a volume?

switching from a Hepburn variant to using a similar scheme but daily and one lift/day. Due to my work schedule I was gassing out but still making gains, so switching it to this should keep things shorter & recoverable.

Squat
FS for pump
some lunges as a cooldown

BP
low incline DB bench for pump
DB rows

DL for lots of singles, short rest
DL for lots of lighter triples, short rest
light RDL with a good stretch

OHP
pullup pyramid for pump
upright row

My attempt at a powerlifting+oly routine

M Bench/press, squat, skull crush/dip, chin up/curl
T ab wheel
W press/bench, deadlift, dip/skull crush, curl/chin up
Th yoga
F repeat Monday
Sat snatch complexes, clean and jerk complexes, klokov press
Sun cycle for an hour.

up until recently I've done leg presses.
the chance of something happening way lower than with proper squats but it happend before.

I feel like I'm holding back on that thing because I know something might happen.

Hmm, have a look here and find something that feels safe.

bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/7/muscle/quadriceps

Someone rate this pls?

Monday
Squat 3x5 + 1x8-10
BP/OHP 3x5 + 1x8-10
Chinups/Pullups 4xF unweighted/5sets weighted

Wednesday
Front Squat 3x5
OHP/BP 3x5
Deadlift/Power Clean 1x5/5x3
Chinups/Pullups 3xF unweighted

Friday
Squat 3x5 + 1x8
BP/OHP 3x5 + 1x8
Chinups/Pullups 4xF unweighted/5sets weighted

+on some days some 1 to 2 isolation exercises done 3x10

I'm doing SS again - my Deadlift and squat are quickly coming back to what I had before (Deadlift 315, Squat 275) but my bench is still at 135. I'm afraid I might reset on squat / Deadlift and then be done with the program with max gains for my lower body but not my upper.

Is there a routine or variant of SS where I still add 2.5/5 a workout to my upper body but I add weekly to my lower body?

Here's Starting Strength in case anyone forgot:

A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
1x5 Deadlift
2x8-12 dips (optional)

B
3x5 Squat
3x5 OHP
5x3 Power clean
3x8-12 chin ups / pull ups (optional)

R8 mine.

3x per week all 3 sets of 8-12. Progressive Overload.

Squats
Bench Press
OHP
Pendlay Rows
Barbell Curls
Deadlift

Been doing this for at least a month and seeing some beast gains.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday:
Ohp
Pullups
Rows (cable or barbell)
Facepulls or Lateral raises
DB chest press or dips

Tuesday:
Squats
Deadlifts

Thursday:
Squats
Side bends and core
Neck bridges
20 m Interval program on elliptical

Giga-lanklet here. I would appreciate some recommendations.

I've been memeing here for several months, mainly in manlet threads. I've read the sticky and I know the broad strokes of diet and exercise. I've done some bodyweight here and there, but I'm ready to buy some dumbells and start home workouts. My goals are

>get a very strong back to improve posture and prevent injury (I'm 6'4" and I don't want back pain as I age.)
>get a strong, lean core
>widen shoulders
>appendicular strength less important

My uninformed ideas are

1-Arm Dumbbell Row
Chinups (then Pullups)
Planks
Lateral Raises
Situps/Crunches
Squats

Which free weight exercises fit my goals best? What are some realistic numbers of reps and sets for an Auschwitz survivor?

are you regenerating ok? squats and deadlifts the same day is hard od cns imo
also heavy bench with heavy ohp would be hell for me

R8 my routine, trying to rest from the big movements and develop some work capacity
A
>weighted pull ups 5x5
>dips 4x15
>dumbbell row 3x8-12
>incline dumbbel bench 3x8-12

B
>weighted dips 5x5
>pull up 4x10
>front squat 3x5
>face pull 3x8-12
>GHR 3x8-12

ABxABxAB

Interested in feedback

Doing lower/upper until I hit 2/3/4 and get them noob gains. Then will probably shift to powerbuilding.

ABxABxx

A:
Squat 5x5
Romanian Deadlift 8x4
Reverse lunge 10x3
Calf raises 10x3 (explosive)

B:
Plyo pushups 5x3 (for that muscle activation)
Bench 5x5
Supported rows 4x10
Chinups 1xAMRAP

Unfortunately lower day has been put off as I've been rehabbing a hip adductor injury.

I might have reversed reps & sets here. I did: reps X sets.

I just started working out.

Is that bulba guide on jefit/reddit decent? Pic related day 1. I've been doing the heavirst I can do 4 reps with. I'm also cutting 20lb so idk if I'll make progress but it feels good.

Day two.
It's three days a week and alternating weeks

Here's mine. I do PXPXLXX, with about 2 to 3 hours of cardio on 3 X days. I aim at losing about 8 to 10 lbs, my last bulk escalated a bit. Tha "abs" part is roughly 15~20 minutes. I'll take any suggestion or comment

A
Bench Press/incline
Push ups/Dips
Flys, Bench
OHP
Triceps press/Skull Crusher/Triceps Pushdown
Shoulder raise
Abs

B
Lat pull down
Low Row
Biceps Curl/Preacher Curl
Hammer curl
Reverse flies
Schrugs
Chin ups
Abs

C
Squats
Deadlift/Romanian DL
Leg curl
Leg press, Leg extensions
Calf raise
Abs

/just started lifting/ here. Need help with establishing my routine. Here's the situation: dadbro used to be really into lifting and knows his stuff. He told me he never did back squats and did either pic related or front squats. I'm not sure if he's memeing me but he tells me he made sick gainz. Should I try alternating back squats/front squats/bulgarian split in my routine? Particularly sceptical of bss as I thought they were lunge-tier ultrameme. Plus from what I've read there is nothing better than back squatz. But on the other hand I'm much more inclined to believe swole dadbro than a bunch of meme spouting dyel manchildren. Pls help my duds.

Is anyone in this thread interested in giving advice? Lots people looking for feedback, no one giving it. I'm a totally clueless dyel, otherwise I'd pipe up.

I've been doing 5/3/1 while cutting as a way to keep my strength as I lose weight, and after 3 cycles, my 1rm's are the same as they were when I started, but I weight less. I incorporated 5/3/1 into my 6 day Push Legs Pull routine - PLPPLPx.

As I'm going to be eating at maintenance now, I'm not sure what routine I should be doing.

Should I go back to the routine I was doing before I started cutting, which was just the PLPPLPx? I'm focusing more on muscle gain than strength gain.

Pic related squat seems quite hard to achieve for a dyel. It requires some strength and balance.
Start with back squats. Then go to front (you lift less with front). And lunges aren't that shit, can complement squats.

My gf asked me to help her for a routine that will help her get a bigger butt, so I'm asking Veeky Forums for help since getting a bigger butt was never part of my fitness goals.

Anyone know any worthwhile routines?

that looks good m8, did something similar and saw some gains, would add cg bench instead of isolation exercise

if you started working out you should squat atleast 2 times a week
it overall looks a bit weird
i would recommend greyskull

just my 2 cents on it, just wanted to give some feedback

My gf asked me to help her for a routine that will help her get a bigger butt, so I'm asking Veeky Forums for help since getting a bigger butt was never part of my fitness goals.

Literally SS. T rex mode is ok for women, ya?

An upper lower split wouof work out well too. Lower would be squat, DL, lunges.

delet this

I'm not sure how interested she'd be in doing upper body workouts, but I'll have a looksee.

You can read about everything and anything about best routine for mass gain.
I'd say the only two things everyone agree with is that you should hit every body part two times a week, that you should be consistent and keep enough volume to your lifts.
PPL twice a week, or Upper/Lower (ULXULXX) would be my best bets. But for some a big 5 days split is the key...
Plus then the volume is important, for muscle gain it seems to be more in the 8-12 rep range.

>monday
squat 5x5
ghr, 3 sets
extensions SS legcurls
calves

>tuesday
bench 5x5
weighted chins, 3 sets,
ohp 3x8
curls SS lateral raises

>thursday
squat 5RM
deadlift 5RM
calves
abwheel/other core stuff + stretching

>friday
bench 5RM
lat pulldowns, 3 sets
OHP 3x8
1arm db rows
curls SS tricep pushdown

basically texas method with volume day split up and some more BB accessories. work up to 5rm one week, then the next week i'll do heavy singles. got some pretty insane strength increases on this

why are you guys going absolutely rogue on squats???
here's mine:

A
OHP/Push Press
Bench
incline Bench
Dips
lateral raises/upright rows

B
Deadlift
BB Rows
Pullups/Lat stuff
Facepulls
Curls

C
Squat
DB row
incline Bench
DB shoulder press
random core stuff

yeah same

Workout A
Squat: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
Stiff Legged Dead Lift: 3 sets 6-8 reps
Dumbell leg press: 3 sets 10-15 reps
Leg Curl: 3 sets 10-15 reps
Calf Raise: 4 sets 5-10 reps
Seated calf raise: 4 sets 5-10 reps

Workout B
Bench Press: 4 sets 6-8reps
Barbell Row: 4 sets 6-8 reps
Shoulder Press: 3 sets 10-15 reps
Chin ups 3 sets 10-15 reps
Curls: 3 sets 12 reps
Tricep Extensions:3 sets 12 reps

Monday-B
Tuesday-A
Wednesday-rest
Thursday-B
Friday-A
Sunday-Rest

HOW TO PROGRESS:

Start by doing your sets and get into the repetition range prescribed.
For example, if today you bench pressed 225 for 8 reps, the next week you should add 2.5-5 lbs to your bench press and work it back up until you reach 8 reps.
It should look like this:
Week 1: Bench press 225 lbs x 8 reps
Week 2: Bench press 230 lbs x 6 reps (next week you should try to do 8 res)
Week 3: Bench Press 230 lbs x 8 reps (you got back to 8 repetitions so you can increase the weight next week)
Week 4: Bench Press 235 lbs x 5 reps
In the week 5, you should try to do 8 reps. Don’t progress until you it 8 reps.

Is this a solid routine

spoopy

300 kettlebell swings a day. Clean and press here and there. Bicep curls or pull ups when im bored. No routine is the best routine.

Currently doing a Greyskull LP without legs while I go through physical therapy for my knee after a motorcycle collision. I will be returning to squats and deadlifts as soon as possible, but here's what I've been doing for the last 4 weeks.

Week 1

Bench, row, dips

Press, chin-ups, planks

Bench, row, dips

Week 2

Press, chin ups, dips

Bench, row, planks

Press, chin ups, dips

I subbed squats with dips and deadlifts with planks, but I could use some tips for better exercises to occupy those slots while I'm recovering, I just can't do anything that requires me to bend my knees.

A:
squat 3x5 at 2.5 kg more than last week's 5RM
bench 5x5 at 80% of 5RM
diddly 3x5 at 80% of 5RM

B:
squat 5x5 80% of 5RM
bench 2x5 at 2.5kg more than last week's (or two weeks ago, alternating) 5RM
pullups 4xF

C:
squat 8x5 at 90% of 5RM
bench 5x5 at 90% of 5RM
diddly 1x5 at 2.5 kg more than last week's 5RM

one rest day after each work day
3500-4000 kcal a day

Today was the workout 3 of my week 5 on SS.

A
3x5 squat - 60kg
3x5 bench press - 60kg
1x5 deadlift - 70kg
2x8 dips - +12kg
2x8 bicep curls - 24kg
3x8 sit-ups - +12kg

B
3x5 squat - 60kg
3x5 OHP - 30kg
3x5 pendlay rows - 52kg
2x8 pull-ups - +10kg
2x8 bicep curls - 24kg
3x8 sit-ups +12kg

But that's not SS, you fucking retard.
Read the book.

>rows
Compared to the rest of your stats those are insanely high. Drop the weight and do proper form.

Why? It's a modified SS I got from the sticky guide. Powerlifting is great but hey I want some volume too.
I don't have the book and they don't sell it in my country.

I worked a lot on my rows form and I'm pretty sure I do them right, maybe not perfect, but right.

I'll counter that
You should be able to row as much as you can bench

Because of an old hernia, I only do DB rows now. I can easily do the same reps/sets/rest

So if his bench is a bunch of belly bouncing, then those rows are jerky half DLs. If his bench is a good arch & steady up/down, I'd expect the rows to be the same

>You should be able to row as much as you can bench
That's bullshit for a beginner and you know it.

>Push
Benchpress 3x6-10
DB Incline 3x10
DB Press 3x12
Lateral Raises 3x15 or rest pause
Flyes 3x12
Triceps 2x10 (usually skullcrushers)

>Pull
Weighted Pullups 6-8, 8-10, BWxF
Rows 3x8-10
Rear Delts 3x15
Biceps #1 3x6-8
Biceps #2 3x12

>Legs
Squats 3x8-12
RDL 3x8-10
Leg Isolation 3x15-20
Abs #1
Abs #2

>Full Body
Power Clean + Push Press 5x3
Pullups 3xF (little rest)
Dips 3xF (little rest)
Pistol Squats 3xF (little rest)

Monday:
Rest or optional Muay Thai

Tuesday:
A.M Push
P.M Muay Thai

Wednesday:
A.M Pull
P.M Grappling

Thursday:
A.M Legs
P.M Muay Thai

Friday:
Rest

Saturday:
Full Body

Sunday:
Cardio/long walk with gf

Been thinking abit about the bodies general capability of loading up a bunch of weight onto my its back multiple times per week. Decided not to go heavy anymore on compounds for future health benefit. Atm I've capped my lifts at 100kg bench, 120kg squat, 140kg DL and 70kg OHP and only up the reps. Might stop power cleaning aswell. What do you guys think?

I dont have access to a gym, and I only have a pair of 15kg DB. How could I improve this routine?:

A:
Pushups
DB tricep extensions
DB Flyes
Curls
Hammer curls

B:
Squats w/ DB
Lunges w/ DB
DB OHP
DB raise
DB Deadlift

C:
Pullups
DB Rows
Sit ups
Plank

I also fear that my muscles are trained unevenly because of only having one weight, could I balance this with the amount of reps I do in each exercise? Like the deadlift especially since I used to train with 3plates when I had access to a gym.

Cheers guys

If I'm bulking, watching all my macros, and taking creatine I'll do a modified 5/3/1 BBB routine that takes up to two hours on squat or deadlift day and an hour and a half on ohp, bench, or accessory days.
If I'm cutting I'll do an absolute max of an hour and a half since I don't have nearly as much energy and won't get over injuries as quickly if I overwork myself.

I'm doing a cut for the first time to get the fat our of my skinnyfat. Is running for 20 minutes a day, three times a week a good cardio work out?

for a rank never done anything athletic, yes

since he didn't define that, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. Using myself as an example, I have a rather high OHP/BP ratio. I never benched or worked out as a kid, but a lot of what I did involved a vertical upper body push. Compared to the people I know that do train both OHP/BP, mine is more like 4/5 than sub 2/3.

Also, see my point regarding form. If he's or not doing honest reps, that's not my problem.

3x10. 3x5 after getting through 10 rep sets.
Monday- Friday.

AbCaB
CaBcA
BcAbC
Then flip.

How much am I fucking up, homies?

Longest ever, and just because I wanted to complete that cycle, was about 4 hours.

I had two main lifts, then some accessory work. I'd usually take about 10 minutes between lifts but shot rests between sets. Could be done in 70-90 minutes.

Work hit the fan, and schedule changed. Would do first lift, take as much rest between sets as needed (about 90+ minutes), break to put dinner on (about 30-40 minutes), do the accessories, break again, then back to do the other lift.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that was my DL day, and to add to the crazy factor what I moved into after that involved DLing daily for about 6 months. If you keep the daily volume manageable & hit recovery hard, you can work up to some crazy shit

It's not SS then, you said it yourself.
Literally google the name of the book and you'll find loads of pdfs

I am a newbie, but I heard that sumo deadlifts require less hip flexibility n shieet

4x a week is the right balance between volume and intensity for me. I don't like the strictly upper body days of 6x a week routiens like PPL, because I don't feel like my energy system gets enough work. And I don't like the lack of volume on 3x a week routines. My goals are mostly athletic, but I want to look good as much as anyone else. Anyway current routine

Squat'n'bench A)
squats: 5x10
lunges: 5x20
bench: 5x10
db bench: 4x12
skullcrushers: 4x12
curl/lateral raise superset

deadlift day:
deadlifts: 5x5
pullups: 7 sets
yates rows: 5x10
db rows: 4x12
rear delt flys, curls, and ab work

squat'n'bench B)
squat: 5x5
lunges: 5x10
bench: 5x5
press: 5x10
skullcrushers: 4x12
curls/lateral raise superset

powerclean day:
powecleans; 5x5
pullups: 7 sets
pendlay rows: 5x10
db rows: 4x12
rear delt flys, curls, ab work

220lbs, best lifts: 405 squat, 290 bench, 535 deadlift

Bump for opinions

It's still SS but modified, imbecile.

Is there a good 3 day/week routine besides Texas Method and Madcow for intermidiate lifters? Mainly because I can't always go to a gym with a rack, and I don't think replacing every day with front squats is a good idea....
I've been running a 6 day PPL, which has given me good results for a couple of months, but I no longer have such time available.

rate? 3 days a week, a/b rotation:

workout a
5x5 low bar squats
3x8 stiff leg dead
3x5 pendlay row
3x8 bb shoulder press
3x negative pull ups
3x8 tricep extension

workout b
5x5 deadlift
3x8 front squat
3x5 flat bench
3x8 upright row
3x push ups
3x8 bb curls

probably doing too many deadlifts, eh?

forgot to mention, goal of this is to increase overall strength and get back to pull ups and dips.

Bumping this

I want to get fit and join the military. As I understand it, I primarily should focus on: running, swimming, push-ups, and pull-ups. What are some lifts that won't make it harder for me to recover the muscles used for these? The only good one I could think of was squats as all the other compounds commonly recommended involve muscles I want to save for my other exercises. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Pic related, wish Symmetric Strength had a box for push-ups.

Run texas method for your squat and try benching 2-3 days a week with daily linear progression.
When that runs out try out one of Greg Nuckols's free bench programs.

Routine:
Day A
>Overhead Press: 3 x 5, 1 x dropset
>squat: 3 x 5, 1 x dropset
>Weighted Chinup: 3 x 5, 1 x dropset
>Barbell Curl: 3 x 10
>DB bench: 3 x 12

Day B
>Weighted Dip: 3 x 5, 1 x dropset
>Deadlift: 1 x 3, 1 x 3 (dropset)
>DB row: 3 x 10
>V-bar pushdown: 3 x 10
>Lateral raise: 3 x 12

Day C
>Push Press: 5 x 3, 1 x dropset
>Front squat: 3 x 5, 1 x dropset
>Weighted Pullup: 3 x 5, 1 x dropset
>Romanian deadlift: 3 x 10
>Hammer curl: 3 x 10
>Cable facepull: 3 x 12

stats (for working weight)
Overhead press: 60 kg
squat: 130 kg
Dips:+ 25 kg
Deadlift: 165 kg
Front squat: 100 kg
Push press: 75 kg

Goals: get stronger, look thicc (i.e. lean powerlifter mode).

Been doing this routine for 2 months, and its worked pretty well but is there anything I should change?
PplPplx

>Push
> Bench press 5×5
> Incline Bench 5×5
> OHP 5×5
> Tricep Extentions 5×5
> Back Extentions 3×8

>Pull
> Pendalay Rows 5×5
> DB Curls 3×8
> DB Shrugs 5×10
> Deadlift 3×5
> Weighted pullup ×xfail

>Leg
> Leg extentions 3×12
> Lying Leg Curls 3×8
> Stand calf raises 3×20
> Squat 5×5
> Lunges 5×5

since you aren't squatting or deadlifting. You should add in a lot more trunk exercises and pulling exercises.
do a high rep pulling exercise i.e. cable rows or DB rows
instead of planks, do hanging leg raises and back extensions

Do you not do any assistance exercises? I would think that you dont do enough pulling exercises to balance out all of the benching that you do.
I also think your squat progression is unsustainable for a long period of time.

you are a faggot

routine looks fine man. just keep progressing on it

looks ok. lots of volume though if you can handle that

>probably doing too many deadlifts
if those are 5x5 sets across, then yes

why do you use 5x5 on your push day so much?
Why do you squat and deadlift so late on your leg and back day?

I goto a very small gym and have started SS a number of times but always stopped it because of lack of motivatin. If i can't get in and out of the gym within 45 mins im not going to the gym. With that in mind i've made changes to SS so that I don't need to wait 10 mins to use equipment

A
Leg Press 3*5
>Squat rack is always in use, I tried doing dubell squats but eventially my forearms just couldnt grip the dumbells. now im using the leg press machine. there is also a hack squat frame no one uses but for now im seeing how far I can get with leg presses

Deadlift 1*5

Dumbell Bench press 3*5
>I goto the gym on my own, I have no spotter and dont want to die by having my neck crushed by a barbell. If i was to use the barbell to bench then I would have to wait for the only bench with a barbell rack, Im not waiting 10 mins to use that. there are plenty of benches

Assisted Wide Grip (chest) dips 2*8-12
>Can't do them unless they are assisted at this point. Currently doing them with a 15kg assist, hopefully soon ill be able to dip without any assistance

B

Leg Press 3*5

Overhead Shoulder Barbell press 3*5

Dumbell Rows on the bench 3*5
>The form for barbell bent over rows is too complicated, and too uncomfortable to get used to because of the posibility of movement of the back, this eliminates that problem and my lower back is still getting a work out every week with deadlifts anyway

Assisted Chin Ups 2*8-12

What do you think of this as a conveniant routine for a skinny DYEL?

Is this retarded?

DAY A:
Chest and squats
DAY B:
Back, including DL
DAY C:
Bis, tris and shoulders
ABxCAxx
BAxCBxx

Why not have it
ABCA -> BCAB -> CABC
And so on?