ITT: Post reasons to train for strength

ITT: Post reasons to train for strength.

I'll start. So everyday tasks become easier.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wTg4ZqM8qdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

like your energy you mean

you get more energy throughout your day?

you're not giving me any context, BUT i see the light ahead

Everyday tasks hardly ever involve carrying 80kg+ by yourself though. Endurance training ftw.

T-...
To be stronger...?

Power-lifting serves no purpose

Olympic-lifting serves no purpose

Bodybuilding serves no purpose (but at least you get an aesthetic physique out of it, with far less effort and far more enjoyable training than other kinds of lifting)

HAHAHAHA

OT:
-More possibilities
-You can do more damage
-Cool tricks

You become harder to kill

Exactly lol. You get enough 'functional strength' just by doing pretty much anything at the gym to manage everyday tasks easy af.

But I mean sure, you do you. Just dont use that as your valid excuse lol. "To impress others" is better.

I feel like i can think more clearly and faster when im more fit

I can climb anywhere i want to with ease

You will look more threatening and people inconciously won't mess around.

I guess technically one handed push ups counts as strength related

Kind of funny that no matter what weight you lift, nothing will be more impressive to someone else than doing a one handed push up, unless its another power lifter.

It really is its own little eco system of "bulking" dudes patting each other on the back for doing something we made redundant with some rope and a pully thousands of years ago.

To complement a sport/hobbie. For me that's swimming. Nothing competitive but I simply enjoy swimming, indoor and open water. Being strong af makes swimming easier

I am a truck mechanic so it really helps me to be strong, flexible and overall have high stamina.
8 Hour days lifting shit, hammering shit, twisting shit, bending shit, really gets on my body in the long run.
After work I'm too tired to do almost anything, so I gym on the weekends and some random weekdays.

>dudes patting each other on the back for doing something we made redundant years ago

you literally described every sport/hobby ever.
congratulations on the autism i guess?

Other sports have a purpose and require skill

Lifting heavy object up and down is not a sport, its autism

To become Jarl

>I like being strong
>Throwing my girlfriend when we are having sex is pretty hot
>carrying groceries and other everyday shit is way easier
>training for strength gives you bretty good aesthetics (not faat powerlifter mode though)
>I am much more focussed mentally
>I like getting mires at the gym with heavy squats, deadlifts, and overhead work

You become more useful in general and harder to kill

How so?

>Throwing my girlfriend when we are having sex is pretty hot
>carrying groceries and other everyday shit is way easier
Are your gf and grocery bags heavier than 200 lbs though.

How is bodybuilding "far less effort" and "far more enjoyable"?

I find the opposite to be true in both cases

damn youre stupid.
20lbs becomes easier to lift when you can lift 400 lbs at the gym. even walking becomes easier, but i guess you never do any of that

Worked in a pub until recently and i can guarantee you that lifting for strength makes moving casks and kegs around a ton easier.
When i first started i had to awkwardly try roll them around and by the end i could easily DL that shit and just carry it across the room. Saved a fuck ton of time.

jokes on you I walk 6 miles a day because [spoiler]I'm too poor to get a driver's license[/spoiler]
Point is, most people can throw their gf around fairly easily without having to do strength training. Unless she's a hambeast or some sort of valkyrie.

>Other sports have a purpose and require skill
Really? What's the purpose of kicking a ball? What's the purpose of hitting a ball with a club?

>everything becomes easier
>could save a life based on physical ability better than the next average joe over
>weird shit could happen to anyone, i could get pushed down a set of stairs but end up with less injury, be able to withstand potential car accident slams better, slip on ice-, better chance of less injury then if i didn't workout
>live longer by statistics
>feel relaxed after workouts
>can deal with people better
>able to eat more foods
>gives me an excuse not to hang out with people, knowing i'd be wasting time

don't "bodybuilders" technically train for strength too?

I gotcha senpai. The thing is, you will use way less effort and energy, and will generally feel better. I was in denial before i started too

It's virtuous and the sign of godly man, one who can defend faith, family and homeland if need be and be strong enough to save people from burning buildings and also do manual work.

>It gives me something to focus on
>If i can progress in the weight i lift, i can progress with the feels i carry
>As i see the physical change, it makes it easier to pretend there's a mental change

This. I feel you immensely user.

Because it feel bloody fantastic m8

Thanks

What if I want to kill myself? Will it become harde or easier or cancel out?

Better than being an aestheticcuck.

>Lifting heavy object up and down is not a sport
But it is
youtube.com/watch?v=wTg4ZqM8qdk

As a recovering fatty, I work out to escape the sound of my still obese roommate breathing. It's a "death rattle" as another user once said. A human being shouldn't breathe that loudly and laboriously while sitting on their ass playing video games. Or worse yet when getting up to waddle to the kitchen. I cringe every time I hear it. And then I go work out to escape the lethal gravity. Even if it's just a quick jog I just have to go do something.

It's fun.

>Bodybuilding serves no purpose
being attractive is just about the most useful ability a person can have

To open the door to face everyday and see posibilities instead of limitations.

since when developing physical strength needs to be rationalized? lifting weights / doing martial arts / calisthenics are quite obvious and common choices for young lads in my country

So I don't get drowned by some 240lbs cunt in defence