OHP

>OHP

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BP-61w2jWm1/
breakingmuscle.com/learn/the-overhead-press-the-actual-difference-between-seated-standing-dumbbell-and-barbell
youtu.be/03ie_khLCBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my knees hurt while squatting what do

>OHP

Manliest lift ever without a question

Barbbel Row is way worse for me dude
I like the OHP, makes this nigger gym teacher angry because I do it standing up and he thinks thats wrong

>ohp
>back goes *SNAAAAAAAAAP*

Squat less weight and not more than 3 times a week.

I hate normal rows too. I just stick to t-bar and pullups.

>arm day

Fix your form, particularly hips

It's not wrong it's just retarded and delaying progress

I don't see what the problem is.

My OHP was the first one to hit the goal of 1/2/3/4 on SS after squat.

don't squat wrongly

>standing OHP is bad

Is this the new hilarious Veeky Forums meme? I love memes

MANLY LIFTS TIER

1. OHP
2. DL
999. Squat

instagram.com/p/BP-61w2jWm1/

I did 1plate ohp for 12 recently at 86kg bw.

>weigh 135
>can deadlift over 2pl8
>can barely OHP the bar

Why are my delts like this?

Literally said it's not wrong. Read properly.

It's just retarded and delaying progress.

Eat more you hungry skeletal

Ayylmao-ass nigger I swer. Eat your oats

What is shoulder day

Are you that user who made that whiny thread earlier?

>seated OHP

>Diddlylift

>make sure your knees aren't caving in

Sorry lads I live an active life and don't have time or money to constantly eat. I do my best, gained 20 pounds since I started

So PPL is a meme?

fuck, I didn't mean to use maymay arrows

>plate raise

i'm stalling on my OPH brahs what do ?

5x5

what's your stat?

5kg plates for 12 reps

l o w reps
o
w

ok ill try lower reps with higher plates

obviously

im doing reps of 120 on ohp after a month with 1 pl8 in sights(seated) i used to think it was a weak lift for me but its actually one of my stronger lifts im thinking

Found the half repper

> pissing seated

doing squats is only good if ur gay desu, need a nice ass to get fuxed in

>still doing OHP

fuck that handstand push ups feels so much better once you get over the whole inverting your body thing (only takes like 2 weeks)

>press 145 for 3x5
>can barely bench 185.

it really depends on your knee anatomy,

but most people tell you to squat with a wider than shoulder width stance, this is wrong, try not overestimating the distance between your feet.

also don't have both your feet facing parallel, have it at an angle, like a V shape, this puts more natural stance and less strain on your meniscus.

Is it ok to bench press and ohp on the same day?

is it ok? yes.

is it best for strength development? no.

I hate bicep work

So

Much

> squat to grow ass
> not to develop intimidating giant tree trunk t-Rex legs

OK bitchboy

Daily reminder that you're not doing a full OHP rep unless you're staring from a rack position

John wants to fuck your asshole.

>tfw can only deadlift 225lb
>tfw can only bench 115lb
>tfw can only squat 250lbs
>Never tried OHP, probably shitty weights
>still look like a fatass
>life is in shambles
>tfw no gf

I'm done.

breakingmuscle.com/learn/the-overhead-press-the-actual-difference-between-seated-standing-dumbbell-and-barbell

I have been going to my current gym for over a year and I have not once, not ever, seen anyone else performing the overhead press.

Am I a freak?

Delaying progress in what? In mass, that's debatable, in your standing press max, you're wrong

I OHP almost as much as I can bench. I see all these people talking about how much they struggle with OHP and I wonder wtf is wrong with me.

>Bench 3x5 @ 205
>OHP 3x5 @ 185
>BW: 195

>that whiny thread
Hit catalog and you'll be hard pressed not to find one

Impressive. Could have prob got more reps too

Well your squat beats mine so at least you got that going for you. Fairly new tho

> do 55kg OHP
> complete my set
> next week try to increase it by 2.5
> fail 3 reps in
> my back's face when

EVERY TIME

>>OHP 3x5 @ 185

Fuck me m8.

What is your routine?

Are you fat?

I'm literally in the exact same predicament.

I've been OHP'ing 55kg for as long as I can fucking remember now, it just doesn't go up.

I went from 5 reps to 8 reps with 55kg

Still can't do more than 3 reps with 57.5

I do nothing special for my shoulders except facepulls and OHP. I put all my work into my chest and my bench still blows compared to OHP.

I'm 5'10 195, I'd like to go down another ~10 or so lbs but overall, I don't consider myself fat. My shoulders pretty much dominate my physique though. I've been lifting almost a year now, going into my 11th month

> so close to 1pl8 OHP you can almost taste it
> it's going to take fucking weeks to achieve it

What is your programming for your OHP/shoulder day?

Honestly are you memeing right now? lifting for less than a year and you're OHPing 185?

>time for crunches

Nope, I did GSLP (The Phrak's one as that was all that was around) for 6 months. Then I did a pretty normal Upper/Lower for the last 4 months. I don't have a dedicated shoulder day. 1 upper day is 3x5 the other upper date is 3x12 @ usually around 65% of what I did for my 3x5.

Beyond that, I do face pulls (3x15) every upper day. Since I work out at home, I was mostly just doing band pull aparts for the first ~6-7 months only recently got the attachment to do facepulls properly.

I'm thinking of switching to doing the 531 as pretty much all my lifts have stalled

manlet

I'm pretty similar to this.

I weigh 160, 5'11 and my OHP is 165 but my bench sucks so fucking bad. My 1rm is 185. 5x5 at 145 lbs is a good challenge for me.

How can I advance my bench faster?

i didn't OHP for 6 months, came back and hit a new PR

that's the power of not doing meme lifts and just benching with much more volume and frequency

No way any of you idiots are strict form OHPing within 20% of your bench press 1RM. It is physically impossible.

Good lord people on this board are idiots, I have seen maybe one person in my life aside from myself OHP over 165 and he as well as myself definitely both took steroids, and we have two scrawny fuckers who can barely bench their bodyweight claiming elite OHPs.

I hate this board.

tfw 55/65/115/125
why is my upper body so weak

What was your pr

185x6

I've been OHPing for 6 years dude. Calm down. It's my favorite lift. I didn't feel the need to tell my whole life story but since you're spazzing out, I had an elbow injury and while it was recovering my bench went way down, hence why it is so far from my OHP. For some reason, probably biomechanics, my elbow didn't hurt as muh OHPing as it would benching, hence why the weight never dropped as much as my bench did while recovering.

Chill the fuck out. You take steroids already. How the fuck you gonna cheat and still whine? Faggot.

You're right. Yesterday or the day before I saw someone claim they dead lifted over 500 pounds day 1. They do not even know what a credible lie looks like.

OHP is my archenemy
I have no problems with anything else
progress is slow af

there is a guy on here, norsefat, who pulled 225kg his first time trying a deadlift

i believe there could be even bigger genetic freaks out there

but they probably wouldn't be on Veeky Forums

You didn't OHP (a lift dominant on multiple caps of thr shoulder) for 6 months and just did bench (a lift dominant on the chest and anterior deltoids) and came back to do 185 by 6?

How much do you weigh?

OHP is not dominant on multiple "caps of the shoulder", as you put it

it's dependent heavily upon the anterior delts (more than bench) and triceps (much less than bench)

this is why OHP is a meme lift, it trains a muscle group any press trains, just slightly harder

at the expense of adequately training the triceps

and it hits a tiny bit of upper chest that isn't even really notable

idk why it gets memed so hard other than rippetardism, it's a fun as fuck lift but if you want to actually build muscle mass and strength benching is a better option

>Nobody can lift over 165 lbs but me!
>And I roid
>Roiding for that?

You want to talk about hating this board....

>started at lmao1pl8t pho
>fat as fuck
Don't know what to feel.

U r dumb

nice counterargument Mark

No thanks fag

thank you

This.

Wait what? How long have you been lifting? I can bench higher than 115 and I've only been lifting for a month.

I haven't done a OHP in forever but I could do handstand pushups at 175 after 2 years of fairly random lifting

>clips

Same. It doesn't even feel that satisfying.

I only do it because I don't want to injure my elbows again. It's so boring and I can't relate to people who get excited to go to the gym and do 3 different variations of curls and tricep work.

Name 1 (one) better shoulder exercise.

what about if youre starting from the groung

pr'd today boys hit 130 and couldn't get 135 past my nose

height and weight? how long lifting?

i've been lifting for like a month how is your squat/dead so much higher than mine but your bench so low?

youtu.be/03ie_khLCBI

Try that and make sure you are squatting the stance most natural to you.

Failing that as someone else mention it could be hips. Look hip hip flexor mobility. Could also be glutes or ankle mobility.

Try squatting with small plates under your heels, see if that is more comfortable. If so get lifting shoes.

there isn't one, OHP is arguably the best shoulder pressing variation - use the most weight, doesn't suffer from the drawbacks of DBs, most incrementally loadable

but that doesn't mean you should treat it as an equal to the bench press when it doesn't involve anywhere near as much muscle mass

and it also doesn't mean OHP is not primarily front delts - you will still need lateral raises or some other side delt, and rear delt work

Love OHP, but this nigger PT gets furious with me, tells me I'll break my cuffs and shoulders because I do proper form, tries to get me into a sumo wide grip, barbell always above head, swinging with the mometum and quarter repping (bar doesn't move a single inch).

face pulls

Does anybody ever do Viking meme presses with the calf machine? They look fun but I dont want people at the gym to think im a retard.

>ohp
>elbow pain

>bicep curl
>left forearm aches in pain

What do Veeky Forums, is it time for a strap to help the pain?

He said he's fat. His legs are probably used to the weight