Ywn see a timeline where Portugal does to Africa what Spain did to the Americas

>ywn see a timeline where Portugal does to Africa what Spain did to the Americas

What alternate timeline does Veeky Forums want to see?

Nazis win WW2 xD

Spain should have helped them in Morocco. Would have made for a fierce contingent in the Mediterranean which could have cockblocked Ottoman advances even further and then held onto other parts of North Africa.

They would if they could have but didn't because they would get ill and die

>ywn see a United Kingdom of Portugal and Morroco being buddies with Spain like France and Britain

But what if the Whole of Southern Africa was just grasslands and desert? Would Portugal advance further?

Europe being unified.

Either by the Roman empire under Augustus (say Agrippa and Drusus died later)
Or by Charlemagne's descendants (Louis the pious doesn't split the empire between his sons)
Or by Francis I (he wins the 1519 imperial election)
Or by Napoleon (he doesn't get overconfident and finishes the peninsular war before starting russia)
Or by the third international (Stalin dies in 1918 and western commies get their shit together)

Not by Hitler though.

what about Charles V?

>ywn see an independent Sorbia

He did his best and that wasn't enough, I don't see an alternative timeline for him.

what if it was on another planet wow

So, another, bigger, Brazil?

>mfw i know so little of portugal
How did they become relevant,why didn't they get conquered by spain at any time,why did they get so little out of the treaty of tordesillas,what would happen if they still had brazil under their control

> So little
Spain was the one bargaining, the deal was that Portugal got the known world (most of Asia, all of Africa, even a part of the Americas) and Spain got... whatever was discovered from that point onwards. Spain was lucky, if the Americas were tiny, they would have exchanged all the world for the Caribbean Polynesia and Micronesia basically.

more like African Mexico,African Gran Colombia,African Cuba,African La Plata Viceroyalty and African Peru-BOlivia

Portugal became relevant during the age of discoveries. They were the ones to innovate naval technology to reach far away places. They ended becoming the richest country in the world in fact.
They were never traditionally conquered by Spain because they had an alliance with England which still exists today. Although Spain did try to conquer once or twice through war but failed. Portugal joined Spain in an Iberian union because the Portuguese king disappeared in battle and the throne was claimed by the Spanish king although this lasted only for 60 years. It was probably the beginning of Portugal's downfall though.
You could read a resume of their history on wikipedia, some other interesting happened like for example the Roman conquest of Portugal. They struggled to do it because of Viriato to the point they hired his own "friends" to murder him. Then when his "friends" claimed the prize, the Romans said they don't pay to traitors.

Thank you user, portugese always striked me as people who liked profit , but why didn't they colonize other parts of africa, and seeing the history of vasco da gama, did portugese tried to take over india like great britain for instance ?

Africa was unprofitable, and the portuguese did not have the population to colonize anything. That's why portuguese colonies were few and strategical (for ships to port or to trade with locals), except for brazil which is a very mutted nation.

franco british union forms during ww2 and it enters the cold war as a third power restoring europe to pre war glory

B E A D Y becomes prime minister of Britain under the party of Tories

I made a Balkanized America. If anyone's interested I could post a wall of text explaining its conception and why each country exists.

im interested!

As in, the natives were assimiliated to brazil ?

All right, give me 10-15 mins

ill wait!

If Africa was unprofitable then why were they there for as long as they were fighting a war to hold onto them?
Do you retards even think before you post?

The USA is one of the strongest countries that came out ever in humanity. While some Empires expanded, some Kingdoms united and some Republics flourished, the USA has done all three during its history, even in its lowest points. So how does such a superpower collapse?

The USA hasn’t overstretched its borders to states that would revolt; many states, even the most independent thinking, are proud to be under the stripes and stars. The civil war, one of the most brutal wars America ever fought in, and the Great Depression almost caused famines in cities, still both only took 5-10 years to reconstruct and become even more prosperous than ever before. The only way that the USA can fall is by intervention of another greater power.

I'm busy right now and will come back later to write more. What I wrote is basically an basic abstract that will hopefully make you intrigued.

Why the fuck are you going to the decolonization era when we were obviously talking about the renaissance era? The only value in africa was gold, gems and slaves, and all of these could be traded without the hassle of conquest. So yes, africa was unprofitable at the time we were talking about. After technology improved enough to be able to effectively occupy africa, nations with much greater power than portugal (and even spain) divided the continent.
The portuguese fought for as long as they were fighting for the colonies because not only was it a fascist state that was looking to maintain prestige and obviously territory, but also because by this point the colonies had developed from the worthless shithole they were at the time of the discoveries.
And you even have the audacity to call me a retard.

>gold, gems and slaves
all that shit was valuable as fuck and africa was rich in that shit. not to mention the acquiring of slaves off the african coastlines and making incursions inland was one of the easiest ways to make cash for a nation that couldn't go toe to toe with other european power houses. africa was never unprofitable, eat a dick you revisionist faggot.

>all that shit was valuable as fuck and africa was rich in that shit
No shit, the great part was that the niggers traded it for european products, setting up coastal trading posts and trading with the locals was worth much more than invading the region, which is why no one invaded until it got so inexpensive manpower-wise (massively superior military, advanced medicine), and there was a notable gain from invading (raw materials are collected faster with european technology) that the great powers of the time conquered it. Also, please give me examples of inland incursions, i'm curious.

>Also, please give me examples of inland incursions, i'm curious.
it's quite a bit to go on about, but Newitt's Portuguese settlement on the Zambezi talks about these sort of things in Mozambique, and parts of Zimbabwe as well as Zambia.
A History of Portuguese Overseas Expansion also goes into detail on a much wider scale.

>Stalin dying would make the USSR or Communism worse off
Bad meme. Stalin was the one thing that made communism last until the late 20th century.

The reason why Africa is so poor is white colonization. In the past, Africa had rich civilizations and Africa was a developed continent. The first civilization was in Africa (Ancient Egypt). The richest kingdom was in Africa (Mali). Agriculture was invented by Africans themselves. Longest river in the world is in Africa. First mathematicians, scientists and philosophers came from Africa. Africa used to have more than 2000 native (Bantu, Turkish etc) and foreign languages (Mostly Arabic). Now there are only 10 native languages alive in Africa. Africa had resources that Europe didn't have (Oil, gold, rare materials, jungle wood, various fruits and vegetables). First complex architectures were in Africa. Various pyramids in Egypt, Sudan and dams in Ethiopia, longest wall in the world is in Africa (Benin Wall) not in China, these were all built by native Black people. Even humanity began in Africa. First humans were Black confirmed by scientists. Before the white colonizations, Africa used to have rich kingdoms and empires such as Ethiopia, Sokotro, Songhai Empire, Benin. Now they're all gone. Various African peoples were genocided by the white colonizers, there were whole tribes destroyed by white hordes and cities filled with Africans whose hands were cut off by Belgians. Whites must pay for their crimes in Africa.

>Türk
Stopped reading there.

Portugal got BTFO by the Mandinka, Wolof, and the Shona in battle

Stalin killed communism as a revolutionary movement. It is possible that his non-ideological stance on USSR policy was useful for this state to survive past WWII (but that's far from established), but regarding communism, he largely decreased the movement's practical power in western europe. Especially in germany where his orders led to the total destruction of the KPD.

In the post-war period his bloody legacy became repellent for a lot of people otherwise interested in reshaping society.

That would have never happened. Disease led the way in clearing out the natives in the Americas. Africa is where the diseases came from, and where many more of them were. It was more dangerous to be in Africa as a white European than as a Black African

Brazilians have very little native blood. Portuguese colonizers imported Africans to do pretty much everything because there simply wasn't enough of a workforce otherwise. The colonizers also had a lot of mixed babies since they didn't often bring white women with them.

Did he actually stood a chance in becoming a prime minister or was it basically wishful thinking from the start?